RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
.Hack//G.U

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well then..who has has played this game? So far only Volume one is released over this way. I am currently waiting and hoping for Vol.2 to arrive. All of the .Hack game's stories have interested me very much. G.U is the only game in the longest time (since FF X) to keep me wanting more. It has a wonderful story and addictive gameplay.

What are your opinions, if any?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I have it, i have beaten it. Personally, I like it, although it was sortof a buildup to FFXII for me, since they are...well, they arent similar at all, but for some reason G.U. hyped me up. The story was good, and so was the gameplay, although the voice acting and Haseo's mood-changes bugged me.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
FINALLY! someone who has played it besides me. I actually found it more interesting than FF XII  :=: lol. Now all I have to do is wait for Vol.2 to come out since I have played Vol.1 to death.

I have...

-Beaten all of the quests in the Quest Shop.
-gotten to Level 50 with my main party (everyone else is in the 43-45 range due to their auto-leveling abilities)
-Have gotten the best weapons for my current party.
-Defeated Cernunnos (optional boss)

and that's about it.

One thing that bugged me was the final boss. He was SO EASY. He did NOTHING when you fought him 3-on-1  and when he did it was always against Haseo for pathetic damage. The Avatar fight was just long, not hard.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
youre right. The final boss was all "ok, im going to shatter now". I was like, "WTF? that isnt climactic!!"

I actually didnt think he was the final boss, thats how easy he was.
I havent played it much after the storyline ends, I dont know why.

On another note, I think itd be more fun overall if they included more environments, because after a while it got a little boring.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well...I don't think he was supposed to be really "climactic". Seeing as....*SPOILERS!!! BEWARE!*

Spoiler for:
That Kite look-alike was not the real tri-edge. It's just an AI using Kite's appearance that goes against things that exceed the system parameters (like the avatars, etc). The real one is....can't say. Lol. Let's just say that youve seen him before..not much, but you have.

But I still liked it. Sakaki did the switcharoo from being this friendly peron to this mysterious, evil guy. But oh well...I just want Vol.2 ^^

[we have spoiler tags =p]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 02:31:49 AM by Silverline »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I sorta figured he wasn't anyways.

Also, good point about Sakaki, although the girl (damn, forgot her name) started to annoy me after a while...
Vol.2 looks really cool, judging from the end cinematic thingie. (the one which previewed vol 2.)

Ohhh...is the real tri-edge the dude with the huge arm thing? I cant believe Im forgetting all these names ><

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Dude with arm thingie: Ovan
Girl: Atoli

I didn't mind Atoli. Sure, she was annyoning at first...but I almost felt bad for her at the end for some reason =\ (No, wait...I can't lie. I did feel bad)

ABout the Tri-Edge thing...here's something that might help you, lol. It's done by some person...I think it's nice.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45854562/?qo=12&q=ovan&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ah, right thanks.

LOL! thats a great pic.

Eh...Atoli...i dunno. everybody had way to many hormones in that game for me to really get into it, fun as it was.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I think they take online games a TAD to seriously. But, oh well. Sometimes I wonder...

Why is this game overlooked, though? I can't understand why. .Hack has ALWAYS had a good story: one that makes you think instead of handing it to you on a silver platter.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Lol, i know people like that on WoW XD
(i mean, they are like that on WoW. I dont play anymore)

Yeah...I dont know. Some people are put off by the fact its about an online game i guess. *shrug*

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, possibly. It dosn't really matter to me, though. I like it all the same. =)

At least this one is 1 game shorter than the first series of games.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
is it?

its only going to be two games long?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
No, three. The original .hack was 4 games long and this one is 3.

I can't find a video for Vol.2...so here's one for Vol.3

Spoilers, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka5Apx1yL8w

Rep:
Level 88
wow thats cool, but I was going to get it, but I have to finish getting .hack part2 and part3 to my .hack set for ps2. But will get .hack//g.u some day I saw it at gamestop in gaylord here in michigan. Right now I have .hack the first one, whcih is .hack part1.
If you can't beat them join them.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hmmm....well, I hope you get passed those soon. G.U is leaps and bounds (in my opinion) better than the first 4 games.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you dont need to finish the original storyline to get G.U.

just a heads up.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
its a good game i got to endrance then my bro had to take it back  >:(

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Do you mean fighting Endrance in the arena/ with your avatar? If so then you were almost basically finished the story part. About 10-15 minutes after you beat him you fight the final boss.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

.hack GU Vol.2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyZ6D9iQkU (Final Boss. SPOILERS)

.Hack GU Vol.2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-yqOLtrZpo 9Final boss 2. SPOILERS!)

New vids! woo, finally a rather decent FB for Vol.2  DO NOT LOOK at those if you don't want to be spoiled.