RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making princesses today!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Nothing to see here, comrade.
Hello, I'm a quick, fresh-out-of-the-jar member of your forum. I've been to a thousand before, so I know how the bloody thing works, generally speaking. I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I'll get down to the point:

I have Princess Maker 3, for Windows 95, but I get an error message in what is supposed to be Japanese, but because of my English OS (winXPhomeSP2), it shows up as a bunch of acute characters.

I recently ordered a copy of a remake of the original PM (PM: Refine, PS2) all the way from the mysterious and mystycal island nation of Nihon, and I'm a little worried that SwapMagic won't hold its end of the bargain. Then again, how the hell will I understand it? I'm ever so nervous.

In any case, if you know of ANYTHING I can do to troubleshoot my PM3, or if you want a copy from me, just ASK, damnit! Ask, and tell; that's why we're here, comrades!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well, for starters, if you're going to play a japanese game you should get japanese text support. Hell, that might even solve the problem(probably not, but it might.)

That's a fine suggestion, but I just came from doing that last week. Still, I get weird characters writen by either a super-human race of mutants, or a computer with downs syndrome. Allow me to propose the ladder.

And little Yucie just keeps taunting me to find a way to play her game.

I don't know what to tell her.

Please don't disappoint little Yucie.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Freaking sweet, another Princess Maker fan...

Do I detect a pinch of sarcasm? Or perhaps a gallon?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Do I detect a pinch of sarcasm? Or perhaps a gallon?

no, i dont think she ment to sound sarcastic.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Well, in any case, I'm still scraping the bottom of the Internet garbage bins for a method to run Japanese (seemingly) programs so that they are displayed in a language of some sort...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yossy already made a thread about Princess Maker 2; just play that.

Yossy already made a thread about Princess Maker 2; just play that.

I didn't ask about princess maker 2! You don't think that I haven't played that one already!? GAW

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Maybe you should try using applocale to trick it into thinking your computer is Japanese. I've had to do that for around half of the Japnanese games I have. It also might be a problem with the OS since it's for an older version. =/

In any case, if you know of ANYTHING I can do to troubleshoot my PM3, or if you want a copy from me, just ASK, damnit! Ask, and tell; that's why we're here, comrades!

I totally want a copy.

Yeah, I'll try that applocale thinggamajig... but looking at it now, I've come to realise the possiblity that it might be the korean version, which would explain why not all the characters appear to have been Japanese at some point. In other words, I think the menu bars are in Korean. Might be! We'll see!

Wanna copy? I got it from BitTorrent. Don't tell anyone, though.

I got a screenshot, for anyone brave enough to decipher this nonsense:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:07:01 AM by TheRedDude9911 »

Success!! Aplocale changed the settings to "korean" and I am now seeing intelligible text! Now, if only someone knew korean....

Edit: PLEASE tell me someone can read this!!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 01:30:40 AM by TheRedDude9911 »

I'm sorta desperate, here. Is there anyone who can decode this ancient and mystical language of the east?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
No one here can read korean.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm sorta desperate, here. Is there anyone who can decode this ancient and mystical language of the east?

If you're really desperate, get one of those programs that recognize your writing and turn it into text automatically. Then set it on Korean, write out each letter, then copy the text into a translator and bingo.

If you're really desperate, get one of those programs that recognize your writing and turn it into text automatically. Then set it on Korean, write out each letter, then copy the text into a translator and bingo.

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately, I spent several hours doing just that, and a couple of the characters didn't even register at all. I took what I had and got absolute nonsense. And I was so close...