RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ok, so this is driving me nuts.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/esp3m.html#beta2

Quantum consistency is: 22

Try and get this number as low as possible.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quantum consistency is: 6 .

:-\

Edit:
Lol. Read the explanation or rather the comments: http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/esp4.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:22:14 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 88
Wait, forget everything I just said if you saw it...:)

~Power-up

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
You guys DO know how it works though right? If you don't that's kindof sad...

Rep:
Level 92
I have absolutely no idea :V

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 92
Sure.
The quantum consistency is a "randomly" generated number between 1 and 1000 both inclusive.
Note: There might be certain values in that interval it will not hit. I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:45:48 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 96
?!

But every time I was able to divert my focus it actualyl came out lower...How can you be so sure?

Rep:
Level 92
I naturally can’t be sure there is no special phenomenon that allows you to affect the results with your mind alone.
I went into the source code and spotted among the mess a "random" number generator. I also see document.write(rand(1000)+1); at the spot where the number should be on the website.
It fits with my previous image of this trick website. It all fits. It is a way to give the website a more authentic feel and a way to distract the visitors from what really is happening with the cards.
The trick works simply by replacing the 6 cards with 5 look-a-like cards. There just is a lot of distraction.
To start with you have to choose between 3 eyes. It doesn’t matter which you click, but it still give the feeling that it does matters. Especially since the links appear to be different. (Eyes watching you :V)
Next comes the phase where you look at the cards and have to say out loud the chosen card. This helps you remember the card you have chosen.
Again you have to click on one of the eyes. (Distraction!)
This time they can lead you to two different pages which in essence are the same, but the fact that they seem different helps maintaining the illusion of the psychic element if the user tries several times.
Once again you have the eyes and the text: I have removed your card! (Oh noez, the maker are watching you !_!)
You card is naturally gone. If it isn’t gone then either the website have been changed since I reviewed it or else you having forgotten which card you chose.
There is also the deal with the occult theme and that the maker seems to be selling books about the human mind and stuff.

Then there is the Quantum Consistency numbers...
Do you see my logic in this just being another pointless thing to distract?

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, I see what you man by the distractions, but I saw that too. I didn't know about the random number, and I'm sure if I go back now I will, but you didn't really explain how it forces you to choose a card exactly, rather sort of...danced around it. WEll, you STARTED, but you didn't go into enough detail. I'm sorry, but if you wouldn't mind dwelling on that bit a little longer?

Rep:
Level 92
*necroposts* (I was away >_>)

It does not force you to pick a card.
None of the 6 cards before match any of the 5 cards after you pick a card.
Since none match then the one you pick naturally won't match any of the 5 cards.
Don't believe me? Then take a screenshot before and a screenshot afterwards.
There is naturally the chance that the system has changed, but if it hasn't you should be able to see what I mean.

- Zeriab

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
lol i was just about to post that.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&