RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle sprites that big??

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
[Note: This guys game is on RPG 2k3.] Okay I've been looking at this guys games for awhile and I know he is really good. One thing thats been on my mind is how he's able to have battle sprites this big: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8faA4kbD4

I could never get anyone with a sword sticking out sideways to fit in the  template boxs. Also I was woundering how he is able to make it so some system animations (Like victory, battle stance) so smooth. It looks like they are more then 3 frames. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, it's easy actually, and once you start doing things this way you'll be glad you did- it allows for much more freedom with the animations, not to mention a nearly unlimited amount of space. What you do is this:

Go to the animations 2 tab.

Now I haven't used 2K3 in a while, but in the animations 2 section there should be a menu that looks like this, probably under the third tab for a given character in that section:

TEXT  [ ^ ] ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
TEXT   |   |  |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
TEXT  [ V ] ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The TEXT represents the names for each of the animations in the animations two tab for whichever character you are examining.

The thing in the middle is a scroll bar.

The stuff on the right is a black preview window.

Somewhere around the bottom right of that part of the menu, you should see two circles, like the ones you click to select an option. Click the one that says use battle animation.

Select an animation to use for that motion.

This way, you can have elaborate poses for your characters, as well as extremely detailed and fluid animations for attacking, defending, or just about anything!

Rep:
Level 88
o_o THANK YOU! My god if I knew this I wouldn't have givin up on my Tales of Din game >< I had such a hard time with making the battle sprite sheets perfect.

oh and again, thank you  :)

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Whoa, this guy is heaps good, where on earth does the games he makes get released?!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 96
Damn, I would love to get my hands on that game...

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you Arrowone now I've been able to make these ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz4NFueRfkk (fixed the name Fang Blade to Demon Fang)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVr7OsS15Tc (note: I fixed the bomb animation in my game)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQM2wA3o3GM&NR

Rep:
Level 96
That's very good! Glad to see you got such a good hold of it so quickly.

One thing though. In some of the animations (and this is a very small detail) they tend to move a bit. Like Arlin, when he's kinda bobbing back and forth, his foot scoots forward, instead of his body tilting back. It's really no big deal, but I personally get bothered by that stuff.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:51:32 PM by arrowone »

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, I sat there for 1~2 hours and thats the closest I got :/
But at least I got Zelos and Philia down pretty good.

Rep:
Level 96
I know how that is. :D It's hard to get things to line up to the pixel like that, you did a very, very good job!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I don't quite get that...how did you do that again?
The third tab of Animations2 for me is animation type: character pose , but all i can do is the standard wee chunky character ones....even if i have that selected i can't find  a way to change that....am i missing something?  ???