RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[sort of resolved...] trouble with force action

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
in rpg xp im having trouble with the force action command. im doing like a teach how to battle thing in it, but it never executes the force actions that i put in, it just skips it and goes to the next thing.... any ideas why its doing this?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 03:57:02 AM by Christina »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, not off the top of my head...what other things is it trying to do? Could you post a list?

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
how about a screenshot of the list of events that's supposed to happen?
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I have no idea myself, I was going to do this idea as well but lacked a) the motivation b) the knowledge

I don't really understand, but the battle events never really work for me...especially switches and what not. I've tried everything (so yeah, would be good if someone could solve this)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Are you using any CBS by any chance? Some of them might mess commands up.

Rep:
Level 88
umm yeah im using an bars script for my battle, and an ams, but thats it, i havent really changed the battle system all that much. ummm this is a screenshot,

i have no idea what the problem is, ive even tried making each one on a seperate page and using wait commands, but it doesnt like it :-\

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
The problem is that it can't be executed in the "zeroth" turn. It HAS to be at least the first turn. I've had the same "problem".
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
really in the first turn? so like i cant have force actions in between them? thats kinda lame. oh well lol :-\

im also a lil confused, lol i dont know all the jargon and what not, so where would i put the force actions? in the beginning?? or something?? lol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:51:30 PM by Christina »

Rep:
Level 88
ok i figured it out, lol. i can make new pages with the trigger thing for turn 1 + 0x kind of thing. thanks for all the help guys

actually...im wondering about something
because i made it so the character can choose the command, and if the action proposed is used properly it goes to the next thing. but you only get to chose your command, then the message pops up, and because the command wasnt executed (it happens afterwards) it goes to the one where it says u chose the wrong command. im wondering if any of you know how to fix it...

but if u dont know, and easier question is, for the trigger you can choose between 4 different triggers. for the turn one i understand it, but im wondering what the + _ X is about...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:00:13 AM by Christina »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You know what I did to "skip" the first turn? I just gave all actors a status effect that forces attacking (kinda berserk) and doesn't allow any action a the same time. It wears off after one turn, doesn't have an animation and is called "Normal". That way the player won't notice the "lost turn".
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
oh sweet. thats a great idea. thanks blizzy ;D