RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How Many RPGs have you made?

Poll

How Many RPGs have you made in total?

None
1-3
4-6
7-11
12+

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
I think the more actual effort you put into your game, the more fun and addicting it will be. :)

I definitely agree. For example, while I'm making a game it happens to me that I come up with some event that could occur. Then when I start thinking about all the situations and reactions that should happen with that particular event, I realize I should make 10 more events, 10 switches and 6 pages for each to make it look really, really convincing...a lot of work but when I think that a player will actually like the fact he can walk around the village for an hour and do just stuff, investigate and entertain itself as much as it like, I believe it's all paid out.

Rep:
Level 88
I started my first one two days ago.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think the more actual effort you put into your game, the more fun and addicting it will be. :)

Quite true. My first game took a month to make and..don't even get me started. But I'm makeing my first XP game now and it's looking great. Because I'm spending time on it.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I have never really tried to make a Rpg maker game, im not that big on rpg maker.  In GM I must have made over 50 not fully made games, because I would have THE BEST IDEA EVER and work for a week on it in a mad frenzy doing everything as best I could, then halfway through I would be spriting the same medeivel stuff, and go see a megaman tileset, and go OMG FUTURISTIC GAME, its this disease called ADD.  I swear I can never work on a project for more than three weeks until I think of a better one.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Same here...with Game Maker at least. Usually I end up switching because I really can't figure something out, or my DAMN DATA GETS CORRUPTED. I had perfected a working castlevania system, based on Richter Belmont, and the fucker got CORRUPTED! AFUAGFPINFWIBVP{BFYPWBFFUI!B!!! But yeah, same deal with me.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Same here...with Game Maker at least. Usually I end up switching because I really can't figure something out, or my DAMN DATA GETS CORRUPTED. I had perfected a working castlevania system, based on Richter Belmont, and the fucker got CORRUPTED! AFUAGFPINFWIBVP{BFYPWBFFUI!B!!! But yeah, same deal with me.

I have that problem, the secret is to back up your data everytime you save  :lol:

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

here is a trick, never add an mp3 into gamemaker, it always corrupts it for me.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yeah, that ended up being the problem. It was a remix of the theme "Beggining" and it was a bit too large...WHY AM I SO DUMB?!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This would make a great sticky.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Lol,
Yeah I never knew so many people abandoned there games..

Rep:
Level 102
66% of games are not completed or never made. Imagin if people didn't forget about them and made more.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
  :o :o

Let's spam the internet with Rpg GAMES !!!!
 w00t

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
80%, I'd say.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 102
It's sad how many games arn't made or not finished.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I have started 6 games.  And I finished 2.
The problem about making a game is you get part of the way through and never finish because you end up not liking the story / game play / graphics.

I am thinking about starting ANOTHER game, I must be nuts lol.

Rep:
Level 102
I have started 6 games.  And I finished 2.
The problem about making a game is you get part of the way through and never finish because you end up not liking the story / game play / graphics.

I am thinking about starting ANOTHER game, I must be nuts lol.
Exactly. And I try not to start other games...it hurts.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I always have tht problem. I get half-way through and decide I dont like the beginning storyline so start again... lol

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I was working on the Broken Sheath project for a long ass time, slating it to be a massive open-ended game, but I realized early on that the idea was way too ambitious. So I'm working on another game, which may or may not use the Broken Sheath name, and I'm hoping the fresh idea I had for this one will stay fresh as I make it.

Rep:
Level 102
I wish everyone stuck to their projects. But people just get bored of working on them.

Rep:
Level 88
I've made about 3-4 or so (I started a lot more but never planned on finishing them, just trying out new techniques) but most of them were just short games except for one I made way back in RPG Maker 98.  I wish I had that one still but I'd probably just laugh at how bad I was at it when I made it  ;D

Rep:
Level 102
I've made about 3-4 or so (I started a lot more but never planned on finishing them, just trying out new techniques) but most of them were just short games except for one I made way back in RPG Maker 98.  I wish I had that one still but I'd probably just laugh at how bad I was at it when I made it  ;D
Same here. My first game was awful.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
most people here will quit their games...believe me its common....

hmmm..The game I am making right now is actually the first game I have ever attempted to make...so I guess I'm still 1/1  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
What game are you working on now?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I was working on the Broken Sheath project for a long ass time, slating it to be a massive open-ended game, but I realized early on that the idea was way too ambitious. So I'm working on another game, which may or may not use the Broken Sheath name, and I'm hoping the fresh idea I had for this one will stay fresh as I make it.
how massively open ended?  May I suggets game maker *nudges and winks*

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)