RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nigger.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
OMG GUYS SHE SED NIGGER

I'm not black, so I'm "not allowed" to say that word.

Quote from: The Wikipedia
The Spanish word negro originates from the Latin word niger, meaning black. In English, negro or neger became negar and finally nigger, most likely under influence of French nègre (also derived from the Latin niger).

Generally, I view the term as meaning "ignorant." In my opinion, anybody can be a nigger, not just a black person.

Nigger

Nigger

Nigger.

Niggers.

Nigger is just a word. I don't see why I (and other white people) can't use it (especially when a black person is able to call me honky or cracka- isn't that just as "racist"?) without someone calling me a racist, or even why it's still offensive. People with colored skin have the same rights as Caucasians (and everyone else, for that matter) do, so anyone who allows themselves to feel degraded by that word is a nigger and deserves to be called one (as do the blacks that call each other nigger, but get pissy when anyone else says it- it's not just "your word", asshole).

What're your feelings, friendly black fellow?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:10:48 PM by Djangonator »
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
BECUZ U DIDNT SUFFER FOR A HUNDRED YEARS ON THEM PLANTATIONS, THATS WHY

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I still don't think they* have the right to morally degrade and make asses out of us a every turn.

*They who use the word and get pissy when anyone else does, not just black people.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Go to Harlem, try explaining this to some black people, and tell me how it goes.

Seriously, nigger was used as a degrading term that white people used to to refer to black people. White people like me have absolutely no right to use it.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
To me it's just another bad word that degrades other people. Like fucktard, or cuntruffler, or douchebag.

i.e. you look like a jackass using it because you can't convey your opinions without insulting someone.

Nobody should use words like that, but this world isn't ideal, so, we're stuck with them, I guess.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
ummmmm, my opinion is other black people use it like a stupid insult thing like me calling my friend a whore or slut, not to be offending, but just to be stupid. but if u call other people you do not have any relationship or connection with you shouldnt say those terms because they take them literally and as an insult. so ummm yeah i think what youre doing isnt neccesarily racist, but you dont understand where its coming from, because youre not black, so dont say it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
What I find most moronic is the whole "nigger" vs. "friendly black fellow" deal. It's ok if they call each other niggas but not niggers. Really that's just stupid. They change the suffix of words like that all the time, but they still keep the same meaning, why would nigger be any different?

Playa = Player

friendly black fellow = Nigger

They can say they are allowed because of all the suffering of slavery their ancestors had to go through, or they could admit they just use that as an excuse because in reality, that doesn't matter anymore. The Jews don't use that kind of bullcrap with the Germans. Not quite the same, I know, but you get the idea.

Anyway, words are just words. They're only bad because people say they are. FUCK. There, I said fuck. OK, I typed it, but you heard it in your head. It's not the first time you've encountered the word, nor will it be the last, I'm sure. Did it do any harm? No.

Fuck
Shit
Bitch
Nigger
Asshole
Cunt
Dickhead
Goddamn
Douchebag
Faggot

In and of themselves, those words are not offensive. It's the context in which they are used.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Seriously, nigger was used as a degrading term that white people used to to refer to black people. White people like me have absolutely no right to use it.

We have every right to use the word because it is there. Like Halo is saying (and like what I was trying to mean) is that it's the context in which you say it. Anyway, it wasn't always derogatory (
n the United States, the word nigger was not always considered derogatory, but was used by some as merely denotative of black, as it was in other parts of the English-speaking world. In nineteenth-century literature, there are many uses of the word nigger with no intended negative connotation.
), and I think attaching negative racial connotations to the word is more racist than just saying it.

To me it's just another bad word that degrades other people. Like fucktard, or cuntruffler, or douchebag.

i.e. you look like a jackass using it because you can't convey your opinions without insulting someone.

Nobody should use words like that, but this world isn't ideal, so, we're stuck with them, I guess.

I am somewhat of an ignorant, arrogant, abrasive bitch on teh intarnets, but I can get my opinion across without insulting somebody- I'm not intentionally trying to insult anyone with this thread. Once again, if the word exists, I believe anyone should be able to use it as freely as they wish. That doesn't mean I'm all for people running around calling other people niggers (or any other "mean" word) 24/7, but I don't think it should be such a "bad word", or forbidden to anyone. Also, doesn't calling me a jackass negate the whole point that you were trying to make?

but you dont understand where its coming from, because youre not black, so dont say it.

I don't understand where it's coming from...because I'm not black? So all black people understand "where it's coming from"...because they are black? Please, I beg of you to elaborate more on this point.

Halo and George Carlin are right when they say it's the context of the word which makes it offensive- I'm trying to say (I realize how poorly I put it) that it is only a word, and should be able to be used by and applied to everybody, regardless of race, because it is ONLY A WORD. The only reason it's regarded as offensive is because people LET it offend them.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Uh. I wasn't talking to you in that post. I was speaking generally.

But regardless, yeah, I use those words all the time too. Which, in fact, does coincide with the "world ain't perfect" part of my point.

I was "just sayin'," not "preachin' for changes."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 11:36:11 PM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88

We have every right to use the word because it is there. Like Halo is saying (and like what I was trying to mean) is that it's the context in which you say it. Anyway, it wasn't always derogatory (
n the United States, the word nigger was not always considered derogatory, but was used by some as merely denotative of black, as it was in other parts of the English-speaking world. In nineteenth-century literature, there are many uses of the word nigger with no intended negative connotation.
), and I think attaching negative racial connotations to the word is more racist than just saying it.

I am somewhat of an ignorant, arrogant, abrasive bitch on teh intarnets, but I can get my opinion across without insulting somebody- I'm not intentionally trying to insult anyone with this thread. Once again, if the word exists, I believe anyone should be able to use it as freely as they wish. That doesn't mean I'm all for people running around calling other people niggers (or any other "mean" word) 24/7, but I don't think it should be such a "bad word", or forbidden to anyone. Also, doesn't calling me a jackass negate the whole point that you were trying to make?

but you dont understand where its coming from, because youre not black, so dont say it.

I don't understand where it's coming from...because I'm not black? So all black people understand "where it's coming from"...because they are black? Please, I beg of you to elaborate more on this point.

Halo and George Carlin are right when they say it's the context of the word which makes it offensive- I'm trying to say (I realize how poorly I put it) that it is only a word, and should be able to be used by and applied to everybody, regardless of race, because it is ONLY A WORD. The only reason it's regarded as offensive is because people LET it offend them.

ummmm usually black people know of their heritage, and their own family stories behind it. thats why you wouldnt understand. and yes it depends in the context you use it in, like i said when people say slut and whatever, but youre not getting the point that its really other peoples right to use the word. like if a guy called another girl a slut, even as a joke, the girl wouldnt consider it a joke. because WHO its coming from. just like a white person saying nigger, its offensive because of WHO it is coming from. because once white people treated black people poorly, and when you say that it is refering to that time.
i agree that its stupid that they use it in everyday life as a stupid non-insulting insult, and i dont think they should do that because they find it offending when we say it. but i guess you have to deal with it. its kind of like an inside joke. you just have to stay out of it.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It doesn't really matter what it "means" as opposed to what it implies to people in their own perspectives.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
ummmm usually black people know of their heritage, and their own family stories behind it. thats why you wouldnt understand. and yes it depends in the context you use it in, like i said when people say slut and whatever, but youre not getting the point that its really other peoples right to use the word. like if a guy called another girl a slut, even as a joke, the girl wouldnt consider it a joke. because WHO its coming from. just like a white person saying nigger, its offensive because of WHO it is coming from. because once white people treated black people poorly, and when you say that it is refering to that time.
i agree that its stupid that they use it in everyday life as a stupid non-insulting insult, and i dont think they should do that because they find it offending when we say it. but i guess you have to deal with it. its kind of like an inside joke. you just have to stay out of it.

They may be "aware of their heritage", but they are not suffering in the same way that their relatives may have suffered (which is also why I usually don't believe in most reparations). I understand why any Negroid might see it as an offensive word, but it's something that I think people should be able to move on from, especially now, when it is apparent that if any white uses the word nigger to seriously degrade a person of color, they are too stupid to realize that skin is not basis for judgement, and that the red of their neck is more disgraceful than the skin of somebody with a higher melanin content, and that they are the real nigger.

EDIT: If you've got an extra half an hour to kill and you don't hate Penn & Teller...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 12:33:10 AM by Djangonator »

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Who cares  :tpg:

Me and my best mate call it to each other all the time for fun...

I called him it in a pub once with a black woman near us... with the look she gave me i thought she was gonna kill me :|

Rep:
Level 88

They may be "aware of their heritage", but they are not suffering in the same way that their relatives may have suffered (which is also why I usually don't believe in most reparations). I understand why any Negroid might see it as an offensive word, but it's something that I think people should be able to move on from, especially now, when it is apparent that if any white uses the word nigger to seriously degrade a person of color, they are too stupid to realize that skin is not basis for judgement, and that the red of their neck is more disgraceful than the skin of somebody with a higher melanin content, and that they are the real nigger.

EDIT: If you've got an extra half an hour to kill and you don't hate Penn & Teller...
yeah i agree that they need to move on from it. i find sometimes theyre more racist than we are.
at my school all the black people have their own group of friends. i have a few black friends, but theyre mostly good friends with each other. i find it offensive that theyre not willing to be with white people.
even once i was walking in the hall and this girl literally said "stupid white people" it offends me that they can be racist like that. because im not that way with black people, im more accepting of them, than they are of me.

edit- im not saying theyre all like that but a lot at my school are

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Yeah, one thing that's funny is that it's horrible, hateful, and racist of a Caucasian person to use the word "nigger" towards a Negroid, it is perfectly okay for a Negroid to refer to a Caucasian as a "cracka."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I would say that's probably because almost every white person doesn't take offense when they're called a cracker.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
And that's because it's a lame insult. We don't call them pretzels, for chrissake.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Shudup Cracka.

Wee's talks like we wants too, you feelin' me?

We don't care bought you motha, so leave us alone beyoch.

^ I know quite a few people that would react this way to this thread lolz.

Anywho... like all words nigger can be used in multiple ways. If a person learns the word from a dictionary, has no clue slavery ever existed, and called a black man being stupid a nigger, should he be to blame? No.

History is to blame, mankind in general is to blame. Nigger has been associated to slavery just as ghetto has been associated to the small areas the Germans forced the Jews to live in.

EX: Cue tip. We all know what this is correct? However, cue tip is merely a brand, the product name is cotton swab. But no matter what the brand we still call it a cue tip, why? Because we have associated cue tip with cotton swab.

So, I guess it doesn't really matter.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
kleenex

rollerblades

weedwhacker

coke

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This topic has reminded me of my old days in highschool where the word 'niglet' was tossed around with out regard. Now back at The Mathoms (Seriously, my highschool was named that), we had a healthy attitude towards this kind of stuff. We called EVERY ONE a nigger or niglet. hell I got called Niglet ten times a day on average, and I called even more the delightfull term Niglet. We did this becuse honestly, the word nigger has lost all meaning. Hip Hop 'culture' has proven that. I'm actually waiting for the rest of society to realise that it's an obsolite expression that no longer has any value. But with my luck, it'll be a long time beofre the rest of society realises that its a word that has no meaning any more.

Hell, I think I should just randomly call people Niglet now. Just to prove the frivilous shit behind that word.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
In school, our lunch has a menu made out of one of those wipable white boards, and one day we had little ice cream sandwiches called Mighty Bites. A friend of mine who was with me in line promptly changed it to say Nig Bits. =D

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
He sounds like a funny niglet.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
well the longer people are offended by the word the longer it will hold power.  Fuck used to be extremely shunned and u were considered a horrible person if u used it.  But as people have come to accept it, it holds much less power.  When people are done being offended by nigger it will no longer hold power.  god knows how long that will take in today's politically correct society.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
well the longer people are offended by the word the longer it will hold power.  Fuck used to be extremely shunned and u were considered a horrible person if u used it.  But as people have come to accept it, it holds much less power.  When people are done being offended by nigger it will no longer hold power.  god knows how long that will take in today's politically correct society.

I like how this niglet thinks.

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
hey in the 1500's, you could be burned at the stake for calling someone a "fool" nowadays, we dont even use that word. The people perpetuating slavery saying "nigger" and actually meaning, they knew of the power of that racist insult. However, the word nigger has devolved nowadays to the point where I see geeky white people calling eachother nigger. If they were to do that three hundred years ago, they'd probably be killed. I'm just saying all swear words lose they're abilities to affect us. Nowadays, (and by nowadays i mean about 8 years ago on Oprah) A Klu Klux Klan member said there were niggers and black people. Oprah was horribly offended. he said it was okay, cause she wasn't a nigger. And when the whites took over, she wouldn't be killed. Like Halo said, all swear words depend on the context. If someone casually uses nigger, theres nothing wrong with it. If they mean it with racist hate, well, hell, i'll punch em a few times. there's no reason to hate people based on how they look.
Most people, listening to me, wouldn't believe this because i'm whiter than sour cream. but thats my opinion on the subject. And yes, i pretty much said what other people said in a condensed form. And i managed to call myself white.