RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Now available.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:15:45 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool. Downloading now

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Thanks. c: Don't forget to start from the beginning first! And if you want to challenge yourself, there is a possibly difficult puzzle in Chapter 2.

P.S. Reuploaded a new version which over-written this one to fix some minor glitches. The old link shouldn't have any biggie too, although there seems to be some glitches for slower computers (or faster ones, not sure which) that are rather strange. Generally not, though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've beaten chapter one, and so far I absolutely love the game.

however: face set issue.

his mouth.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks guy. :) But eh, I think I'm a little slow at the moment. . . What's with the mouth? D:

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
It appears the teeth are a bit brownish instead of clean whitish.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
Hm, I doubt that's what he was referring to. Or is it?

Rep:
Level 87
I think he meant that no one can speak with that kind of facial pose or that the face set doesn't fit with the emotion he was in when he said those words.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The mouth has like...the same color as his skin...
Whereas in every other mouth set, they don't have the same color as their respective faces >_>

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Got to finally play it (well, at least up to Chapter 1: Familiar Stranger). .___. The new intro left me speechless. Eshe is full of win. <3

Rep:
Level 89
@Andrew:
Ooh I see; my screen was rather dim and it didn't come through. Will fix that up, thanks for the heads up.

@Caro:
Hey, thanks and thanks for your time. :)

Here's some eye-candy:
Quote from: Reives
Here's a recent fanart by Sakura Phoenix/Kieara Phoenix; wow, many many thanks to her!:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@Andrew:
Ooh I see; my screen was rather dim and it didn't come through. Will fix that up, thanks for the heads up.

glad I could be of assistance :)

edit: also that is beautiful

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Downloaded, played it, reached Chapter IX... fell in love with the game. Just... beautiful. I love the storyline. Very interesting and will keep you thinking alot.

Also Vikon to the Max! (I love his stupidness!)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, this is awesome Reives. Great work as always.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks guys! :)
Glad ya enjoyed it.

I'm currently in the process of making a tiny side project in the form of a short non-interactive story; will be done with it very soon and get back to finishing the next chapter!

Rep:
Level 89
New release:
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 97
Woot, let the drooling commence

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I got around to testing it. The game freezes essentially at the very first save. Right after I do that wall puzzle with those crescent shapes. For a while I just figured it was saving... a lot of things. But it's still stuck. Music is still playing though.

Rep:
Level 89
Hm, that's strange. I just ran through that part again and it went through fine, and haven't gotten any other reports on that glitch. At which point did it occur? Right after saving (if so, is a save file generated)? Did the screen's colour go back to normal from the desaturated tint?

Since it's just a couple of minutes from the start, if you could run through that part again from the beginning and see if it happens again, that'd be very appreciated. Thanks for your time! c:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
The screen's color stayed tinted and I was unable to access any menus or move. Also, I don't see any save files in the folder. I'll run through again here in a minute.

Rep:
Level 89
Okay, thanks a lot. I'll take a look at it in the mean time and see if I can figure anything out.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ok, so I got it to work that time. It apparently did create a save file. When I noticed it I tried loading it and it just started at the freeze. So then I just started anew. I got past that and got to Agatha and right after Eshe said something about go get a haircut the next textbox popped up blanks and froze my entire computer. ._.   lol, this isn't working out too well for me. I could try and run that part again, it's only right after the last save.

Edit~
Yup, the game definitely freezes there. I can't even close it properly.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:16:41 AM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 89
Hm, me and others just went through that place and it was fine. That's really strange. . . Have you tried restarting comp? Perhaps it's a memory leak or whatnot.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:15:00 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I've downloaded it and am starting playing now.

The intro is absolutely stunning.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.