RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Heheh, thanks! It's been a year already, there's no point in giving up now. :p

I just finished composing a resource trade song, but the evil me requested the permission to use it in Quintessence too. :p I was actually quite happy with how it turned out, probably one of my better compositions.

Fleeting Hearts:
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/Fleeting%20Hearts.mp3

Feedback welcomed, and thanks for your time. :> The song is exclusive to/(c) <Interim> and <Quintessence - The Blighted Venom>, so can't be used, sorry. :<

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I HIGHLY recommend Q-TVB!  This is, to me, the best RM game out there.  The story is so great, that you can hardly imagine what happens next.  I still have no clue of how this is going to end.  :)

I have yet to write a review for this.  When I do, I'll post a link. ^_^

Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Thanks a lot Arwym. :>

I've been working slowly on a side-grade to Quintessence's game-play side. It is actually an exterior feature outside of story - VS mode with unlockable characters. Here are two screens so far:

I am in need of opinions on how the battles should be formatted, though. Right now I am thinking between the current CBS with better AI and special abilities for each character, and a side-scroll KoF style battle system. Any suggestions/feedback would be very appreciated! D:

Thanks in advance for yer time.

Edit: Also updated first post, including a few Youtube clips.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 04:44:54 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
Vikon's special ability should be to make someone fall asleep by telling an extremely long and untrue tale, with an area effect about 3 squares in every direction, with an extremely long and boring casting time...I'm serious!!!!!! Kinda. Ok, not really, but it would be funny! (and apropriate)

As well, in relation the second screen, I'm bettin' on the cat.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
haven't had a chance too finish the game, but what I have played is awesomeness

BTW, agemennon... I have heard your name from something... I can't remember though...

Rep:
Level 89
Hahah, ideas noted. :> It could work, actually. Thanks for the feedback ya two! :)

Chapter VI is still going well, although I believe it's being cut short from its original plan in terms of the amount of material covered. Still should be 30-45 minutes, though, and I will try to get it out around Christmas. Although, just a disclaimer; this chapter may not have much game-play again - though the importance of its plot in the whole story should make-up for it.
[SIZE="4"]
Just a few screenshots from the first part of it in following spoiler:
[/SIZE]
Spoiler for:

Currently working on some tileset editing for Vikon/Kardian/Salory's setting.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:07:17 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks good Reives. I'm looking forward to it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks. I am still going to try to aim for around Christmas for the release time, not sure if I can make it though.

Just a few more screenies:

Tileset is combined/edited from: Mack, Venetia, ZanyZora.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Lovely and Awesome Game & Screenshots. Good luck with it, has to be a handful from what i've seen so far.

Awesome ending for Chapter V.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:06:26 PM by Ruzu »
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks. :)

Chapter VI is about 3/5 done, and should be released around Christmas time in a few weeks.

For now, here's a drawing I started today for fun:
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:01:38 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looking nice. Cool picture for a credits scene or something.

Rep:
Level 89
Ah, I wasn't going to, but now that you mention it, it does seem viable. :>

Edit: A more refined version:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:01:22 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
The battle system is so hard to control.
Otherwise, this is like God. In the form of an RMXP game.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
The battle system is so hard to control.
Otherwise, this is like God. In the form of an RMXP game.

I think it gets easy over the time you play. 
But i agree the other thing XD.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
How the fuck do I get this wooden plank?

Rep:
Level 89
Edit2: Oh, and thanks guys! :) I just got all my exams done too; chapter 6 is going to be released in about 2 weeks.

Edit: Ugh, the JPG compression made the text barely readable. Here's what it says:

1. Go in a cave from any entrance.

2. Find a rope to climb down one level lower.

3. From that lower level, keep going south-west until you reach the end with a rope to climb up.

4. Climb up that rope, kick the snake that's blocking the way's ass, and keep going until you climb up outside to that elevated exterior mount where the plank is at.

Remember to save, as there is a mini-boss fight between you and the plank somewhere. :>
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:02:48 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I've gotten to the big snake like six times. It keeps kicking MY ass. And it doesn't even have feet to do it with!

Rep:
Level 89
D:

Here's a video of that fight:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7JMpjIg58k

In the video description there are tips and etc. Should help a lot.

Rep:
Level 89
Merry Christmas!

Download link:
www.quintessence-tbv.com/Quintessence_Chap1-6.rar

For dear returning players:
Please use the save file:

www.quintessence-tbv.com/End_of_C5.rar
(Password: played5 )

to continue; it is saved right before the last scene of Chapter 5. It is best to use this save file instead of your own, since there *might* be some slight changes that I have forgotten.

Please only use the save file if you have legidly played through all the prior chapters.

Enjoy!! :> This is the best chapter so far, especially the second half of it.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Merry Christmas to you too.
And Hip Hip Hooray for the New Chapter!!!!  ;8
I'll download as soon as i get on my XP computer santa.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks. :) All the game files are RTP-independent, by the way; so there's no need to have RTP installed to run it.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well, i've got a bug i guess to report. It seems to be a bug anyway.

Spoiler for:
After the part where Reivier finds that Serai is dead(or you want us to belive that), after going outside for the guards and fighting the two archer and the melee knights. I've beaten them but i just get stuck there after killing all three. I went to the way to the city but that didn't and i don't see a arrow telling me where to go or anything, so i'm pretty stuck here, i don't know if "You Win" thing is suppose to pop up either.

Rep:
Level 89
Spoiler for:
What's supposed to happen is that after you kill the first three, another three will come. I will look into the bug, much thanks for the report - for now, try loading the save file before that event and go through that part again. It shouldn't happen every time, since this is the first report of it happening.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Alright, i'll get right on it. And i have to agree this is the best chapter of the series so far. :D

Spoiler for:
I got it to work, i think i might've missed a archer last time around.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:23:32 AM by Ruzu »