RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
haha, that was funny too.

and that's not hard to understand at all. Who's been lying to you?

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ze Martians.  :-X

In other news, Quintessence's website is now up: www.quintessence-tbv.com 

(Not that any links there work yet, though.  :tpg: ) Any feedback on the basic outlooks for it would be appreciated though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:49:01 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hrrm.. I will speak to Zeriab about this. He needs a serious talking to if these allegations are true.

Also, the site looks great. It'd help if the links worked, and I'll give you more feedback once they do, but the homepage looks good.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Heheh, I'll get to it in the near future. :)

In the mean time, here are some teaser screenshots for the first half of Chapter 4 (the action parts are in second half).

(Zomg special effects)

(One of my favourite cut scenes in-game so far, mostly due to the music)

(Gaurav Town)

(Item Implementation)

Rep:
Level 97
Where did you find those sideway ramps for the mountain? I made them for my game. If I had known someone else already had I wouldn't have bothered :(

Rep:
Level 89
Might be from hbgames.org's downloads, can't remember for sure. :| I can send you them if you still need it though.

Rep:
Level 87
I eat babies :o
There's a CH 4 coming out? o_o

Rep:
Level 89
Eh, of course. :p This is far from finished.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
 :) Can't Wait for Chapter 4...

:=: I wanz Moar...This is too good.

(If it weren't for Quintessence TBV, I probably wouldn't continue my own ;__;)

Rep:
Level 87
I think I just orgasmd when I found out that there's a Ch 4 comin out :o ;8

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Same here :)

<2 Reives

Not in a gay way
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
I just love the battle system... It's nice seeing hack/slash sometimes in an RPG instead of the turn based stuff :o I've heard that this is done through eventing? And I've also heard that there are scripts... @.@ It's so confusing...

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Its shocking just what you can do with events :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm impressed. Great work.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks guys!

I just love the battle system... It's nice seeing hack/slash sometimes in an RPG instead of the turn based stuff Shocked I've heard that this is done through eventing? And I've also heard that there are scripts... @.@ It's so confusing...
I did use scripts for the game, but not for the battle system. Everything you see in the battle system, from the gradient bars to battle intro animation to the actual combating, is purely 100% eventing. :) (edit: oh, minus the caterpillar system)

Oh and here's a video for battle system sample play (but the video is laggy as hell due to recording process - it doesn't lag in game-play):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinX3wA4f1w

The list of script I used for the whole game so far:
-Advanced Message Script by Dubealex
-Caterpillar script by fukuyama
-Menu system by Raziel
-and skip-title-screen script by anonymous. :p
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:14:46 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
Chapter 4 is finally up, but I'm too tired to type much info on it anymore. See the top of the first post for brief info and download link. ;)

Enjoy! Story-wise, this chapter (well, near the end rather, at Lunair's full flash backs) is my favorite so far.

Rep:
Level 97
Awesome, will dl tomorrow!\
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:57:41 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
holy crap! chapter 4 is out! yea! I really need to set some time aside to play  ;8

Rep:
Level 89
:> Wewt. Hope ya like it.

I am currently constructing the website, should be ready in a few days.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
I love your game. The cutscenes are great, but there are way too many of them. I'm normally pretty patient with cutscenes, but the amount of them is so unappealing. I'm not saying that they are bad, but there are just too many.

I really like your storyline, it seems so professional, and the diolog is great. I do think that you overuse the "..." animation though.

The mapping is absolutely beautiful. Your skills are simply amazing. The lighting and wild life make the maps seem so real. It's almost like you're in the game. The red arrows are a great addition when trying to find your way out of the map. They are very helpful, and make the game even more unique.

Overall, I really like this game. I didn't play the entire demo, but judging by what I've seen, you've done a great job.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
I'm sorry, but this is boring. I agree with Irock, good cutscenes, they are too long, and theres too many, try to shorten with the rest of the game, m'kay?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
This game looks sweet!

Rep:
Level 89
Ultimately I guess this isn't really a "game"-game. Thanks for the pointers, I do definitely understand where they are coming from; but if you are looking for game-play, this simply isn't something for ya, heheh. :) The entire game is basically a semi-interactive cut-scene, so it's irrelevant to deal with its length, to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:57:49 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Ultimately I guess this isn't really a "game"-game. Thanks for the pointers, I do definitely understand where they are coming from; but if you are looking for game-play, this simply isn't something for ya, heheh. :) The entire game is basically a semi-interactive cut-scene, so it's irrelevant to deal with its length, to be honest.

I love this game, it is really good. The story is just amazing, I can't wait for more, I'm addicted to this game. I am not a big fan of the battle system, but the way the entire game is made is just so well done. What you said about the story gluing you to the screen is so true.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Revis, screw what I said, this game OWNS I just got to the end of the demo, battle system, OWN3D.