RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh right, thanks for the headsup Crunk. I made that file mp3 now, it's here: http://www.savefile.com/files/744118 :)

And here are some preview screenshots for Chapter 2; which will be largely played in flash backs.

Halfway done. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:21:45 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looking pretty good!

I can't wait for the demo.

Rep:
Level 87
i really enjoyed the mp3 you posted, its very pretty and calm. i just finished the demo ( i think) , I was told to to go tell Kardian to pick up food for Klaire but Kardian just says the same thing he did before. am i missing something? the intro was amazing, i love the music. the story seems very well thought out and interesting. i found a few small (very small) map errors that I can send you if you haven't already fixed them. I was very impressed with all the facesets, that really brings the characters to life and they were done well. even just the movement as they talked added in to making in more real. I will be watching this thread and I can't wait to see the next installment! I am gonna check out the battle system later today and I will post later again.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Eh, the demo is finished when the credits scroll:

I think you are at the part where they just said that Aerian soldiers were coming in the kitchen? If so, you are supposed to go get Vikon/Salory/Serai, not go to Kardian. Vikon and Salory's place is the southeastern exit of the village.  :)

Glad you enjoyed it 'till this point though, and glad that you like the new title theme preview. :D Try the rest of the demo if you have time, I think the later parts are better done than the early parts.

Rep:
Level 89
Please see first post; Chap. 1-3 v. 1.0 are now up.  :)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
The link won't work for me... can't find server :(
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:23:37 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Oooh thanks :D
Will test now ;D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
Enjoy.  :) Chapter 2 might be a little slow though, but Chapter 3 is much better.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Yeah, I see why you released 2 chapters in one go :D Awesome so far :) Keep it up!
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
Trulu a great RPG in terms of professianal. This is could almost be compared to Dark Eternal...though, Dark Eternal has fighting in the beginning.
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 89
Trulu a great RPG in terms of professianal. This is could almost be compared to Dark Eternal...though, Dark Eternal has fighting in the beginning.
Mm, if you mean on-map fighting, there are some in the beginning as well. However if you mean game-play battle, there won't be any until Chapter 3; as Quintessence was originally intended to be a story-only project. However, the battle system is 100% original and created from scratch with events, so I hope to make up with that.

Overall, however, I believe that Q and DE are somewhat different in terms of genre. I do have great respect for DE though, as it's one of the first projects to truly inspire me.

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
This is really a great game!  I just made it to Chapter 2 but I think my computer messed up or something and the game crashed but I saved it so I'll return soon.  I did see a few errors though.  For example I was able to walk on tables and desks etc. when I was playing as the alchemist what's his name. lol  But great game! Top notch!  Should be an anime! HAHA  Great job. 
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks Mangadude. And ty for the heads up on those passability bugs, I'll try to fix them. :) Hope ya can get through the rest sometimes without it crashing again, heheh.

---------------------------

In other news, I'm starting to get some work done on Chapter 4, now. At the moment, my expectations of it is rather high; to be better than the first 3 in most aspect (and so far, it's going as intended).

The chapter has a primary focus on Lunair. It, like chapter 3, will be story oriented with game-play. I am aiming for a better quality game-play experience than chapter 3. For example, you will be required to solve a puzzle during the on-map (first) boss fight; which will require much more than just spamming shoot arrow.

I am also utilizing more and more picture special effects, inspired by an intro demo I saw a while ago and Rye's new intro for MV. New original BGMs are also being composed to add some refreshing touch, I finished writing 2 so far.

And while Kardian, Vikon and Salory are no longer with the main cast at this moment, they will still be featured through short cut-scenes to their part of progress at times.

This will take some time though, I'm just starting. :) But expect improvements  from the past!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Just played it...And loved it  :tpg: Music and the details goes so well...

(>_<) Now I want to start again with my project. This brought my spirit back to life   ;8

Rep:
Level 89
Glad it made you start again! :) Good luck with teh project~

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Just finished the demo, and omg o_o I loved it! I like games where there is a deep storyline and it's not so much about the battling, but battling is always nice too. I like the battle system in your game and the storyline. Through the chapters I really got to know the characters and their personalities. Games like these are hard to come by so if I was to score this I'd give it a 100/10.

keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I'm not too sure on the battle system... seemed a bit difficult for me :-\
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
@Howling:
Thanks! I try my best to keep the story and characters in good quality. :) Will try to keep up the standard with the following chapters.

@Rune:
Heheh, point taken. Although, I've been getting feedbacks on the CBS from "can you please send me a save file to skip the battles, I can't win." to "this doesn't even need strategy, you can just spam shoot arrows and they die." (not exact wording but :p ). However, I believe the main problem at the moment is learning how to function; and that it quite hard to do with such a new action system without an in-game tutorial at the moment. I will be sure to include one next release, I'm sure that'll help a lot. :D

Currently mapping new town; Chap 4 is expected to come out later this month. Wish me luck!

Current town exterior:

And here's a short crappy comic strip I drew regarding the battle system:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:26:18 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Town looks sweet :D
And about the battle tutorial, I was about to suggest that :D

@comic strip - wtf? I don't get it :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
And here's a short crappy comic strip I drew regarding the battle system:

I don't quite get it, that doesn't remind of your awesome system. I still laughed  :o
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
It just pokes fun at the unlimited ammo aspect. :p

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
i like the comic strip  :lol:. downloading new chapters now

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I "lol"ed at the comic xD "What about me?! I don't even have a quiver...."

Rep:
Level 89
 :) Wewt.

I've another comic strip here, but it's subjected to change; apparently very hard to understand and worse than the first one (should've kept things short and simple :p ). But I guess I'll post it here for now for the hell of it.

[Spoilers to Chapter 1/Requires Chapter 1 to understand (and even then probably not)]
(A few months before Chapter 1)