RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ps3 or xbox 360

Rep:
Level 88
have you guys even heard of Home? if so, you should know by now, once Home is actually released in a few months, Sony will own the online community.

Sony has the games. Killzone 2, Lair, Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank...do i need to say more?

And to a previous post, Sony IS more original than Nintendo...now. They werent back in the day when Nintendo actually produced NEW and ORIGINAL games, now all they are doing is recycling old stupid games. Look at mario party...super smash(still an awesome game), mario kart...come on now...

Rep:
Level 88

Sony has the games. Killzone 2, Lair, Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank...do i need to say more?

Everybody knows Xbox will have the best games this Gen'.

:froghat:

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88
^was that supposed to be sarcastic? cuz i took it sarcasticly...

Rep:
Level 88
^was that supposed to be sarcastic? cuz i took it sarcasticly...

No.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
I'm not going to read all the pages here, because thers a lot of going back an forth post that say nothing, bt I'd thought I'd throw in some thoughts.

PS3:
Pros:
- Large libray, PS1 & PS2
- Still a number of good exclusives
- More powerful system than 360 or Wii
- Hard drive in every system, which means developers can make games to take advantage of it
- Now that controllers are wireless, will see more mutilplayer games that are not sports game (FPS, and multiplayer fighters, and such)
- Blueray format for games and player
- Still some loyal fans
Cons:
- Heavy pricetag
- Weak game line up right now, hopfully will pick up by the end of the year
- Weaker online that 360

XBox 360:
Pros:
- Had a year head start, so developers are more familer with the system than PS3 or Wii (for the time being)
- Gaining more exclusives
- Gaining more multi system games that used to be PS exclusives
- Better online network (may change if Sony ever gets it together
- Halo and other multiplayer fps
-
Cons:
- Did not launch with harddrive in every system, so developers are less likely to take advantage of it
- cannot outmusle PS anymore with graphics
- Weak presence in Japan
- I've read system only plays DVDs with a $100 attachment, which would make it the same price as buying a PS3, but I've aslo been told it plays DVDs out of box too
- HD-DVD does not hold as much data as Blueray
- Not backwards compatable with all XBox games

Wii:
Pros:
- Largest libray
- New controler may shake things up if developers really take adavatage of the opprotunity
- Nintendo's posistion has always been consoles are for games, which gives them some videogamer loyalty points
- lower price for the bugit gamer
- Price and Nintendo's posistion seems to be attractin people who use to not be gamers
- Many PS3 and 360 owners I have talked to in real life and online say they also own a Wii because they love the types of games and new controller
Cons:
- No dvd or blueray
- No hardrive
- I don't know about online play but I can;t imaginge it is better than 360
- Fewer exclusives

Thats all I can think of at the moment. You can kill me for saying this, but I think PS3 will come out on top in a year to year in a half. All the things that XBox had over ps2 (with the exception of online experience), PS3 now has over 360 (graphics power, 4 controlers, harddrive). I do not own one of the new gen consoles but I do have a PS2 and a CG. I will be saving my money until this fall to buy a PS3, to let them work out the bugs in the hardware and let the better games have time to come out gearing up for christmas.  I genually think it is a better gaming experience for me with some of the PS3 exclusives like Killzone and FF13 and I can still play all my PS1 & PS2 games when my PS2 finnaly dies. If I ever et me a good enough job to afford it, I may buy a Wii as well, some day.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Finally someone who agrees. PS3 will come out on top. It has the power, the talent, and games. I know right now, it doesn't look to hot, but remember Sony admits that the PS3 had come out PRE-MATURELY! I don't think games will be a deciding factor in buy games. Many exclusive games are going multi-platform because there isn't enough profit with one console with rising production costs. PS3 has the hardware. It can and will do it in a few months. Also, I think the Wii remote is retarted. Sure you can loose a couple of pounds and swing your arm up and down, side to side. But that basically is it. The games for the Wii are limited and not worth your time. After you play Red Steel, you will get bored. But you can't do anything else or replay because the graphics and quality suck, not enough content because the damn disc can't hold huge amounts of data. Wii is for strictly for the noobs,kids,and non-gamers. Real gaming are the X Box 360 and PS3.

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Well, I think the Wiimote could do more, and Red Steel, from what I have read, is not the best game to offer up as an example. The target audiance for Wii is just different is all. And a number of multi platform games will be coming out for Wii as well.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...