RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That looks beautiful Tez, nice work.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
I'm still fooling around with it a bit, but this is a little town I built nestled at the foot of a mountain. I know the area it's in looks a little too square-y to be natural, but you can't really tell in the game.

Spoiler for:

Let me know what you think  :)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Spoiler for The Houses have a balcony . . . and a new color:

Rep:
Level 87
@Caro: The only problem I notice is that the shadow (under the roof and balcony) is full opacity.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm still fooling around with it a bit, but this is a little town I built nestled at the foot of a mountain. I know the area it's in looks a little too square-y to be natural, but you can't really tell in the game.

Spoiler for:

Let me know what you think  :)

You're right that it feels too "square-y". You just need to loosen it up a bit and add more than one layer of mountain. Also, try adding more trees or trees in more random positions because at the moment they're evenly placed around the map. From the perspective, the buildings look really nice and I like what you did with the dirt ground.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I'll have to fix those Shadows then . . . D:

Thou, while I was at it:
Spoiler for Ruined Shrine & Ruu! <3:

D: God, that Ruu,(Small Floating Whale) was a pain to shade~

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Caro, I want your skill  :tpg:

Anyway, here's the mountaintop of that town I posted earlier (Which I fixed up a bit, thanks Grafikal), and the updated town itself:

Spoiler for Mountaintop:

Hmm, now that I look at it, some parts look a bit forced (I'm looking at you, bottom right corner)... Oh well, I'll get on it.

Spoiler for Updated Town:

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

Work in progress menu for my current project.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Very nice looking menu.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@Sirius:
Great sense of elevation, and I like the idea of a clearing in the middle of the town. c: Good stuff.

@Echopax:
Nice colours, looks pretty classy!

~~~

Here's something for fun:

~~~

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
found him lol.

amazing map by the way. one of the best i've seen.

pokeball JekOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 83
The Big Marshmallow Man

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks pretty nice. Im not a big fan of the 2k3 style, but other from that, it's a solid map.

There might be a small mapping error somewhere on this map, but I think the resultate ended up pretty well. Everything that's missing now is some fog effects and animals.(For those who have sharp eyes, you can see there's a cat in one of the windows.)

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that map looks great BS. Always amazing stuff.

Anyway, I figure I should show some of the maps I had made for that competition that I didn't finish. They're not that good, because I'm bad at mapping in VX, but hopefully people will give me some tips to improve.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Maybe put some items like barrels on the side of the streets in the last two screenshots, and add a few more NPCs. I'd also add more windows to the bottom part of the second screenshot. Maybe also add some pebbles to the grass and sand area. The grass area in the second screenshot is too symmetrical, but maybe that was intentional, I just don't like the way it looks. .-.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I hadn't added non-crucial NPCs yet to that scene, and the grass area is a park. I'll see what I can do about the pebbles and windows and crates.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

Hmm . . . practicing Dungeon making. Always wanted to touch that Tileset at least a few times >__>;;

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
Here are two ss's from my current game. The first is an unfinished version of one of my cities. The second one is a ss during game play in a small section of the city.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
@Caro: Heh, looks like a body's interior yet disfigured... =P

@Exer: Don't map all the buildings alike, it becomes rather dull.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:x If it looks disfigured, then it served it's purpose (lol)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
@Death: Thanks :D I'll keep that in mind!

@Dark: Ooh, nice map! Only thing I found odd was the angel statue on the far right facing a different way, but that's just me haha

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :mad: I'm a bit angry with it thou, I have been shown there's glitches in it!

Well, for the moment, fixed Modern World Tileset of Soul Reaver, testing the new School uniform characters. (Thus the lack of fog, NPCs & my favorite twiks)

same, but now retouched, added Fog & Tint, NPCs & details.

Celtic Gears Main Character invading a Occult's hideout/ritual/temple/whatever-you-call-it place of bad satanic rituals & stuff takes place D:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:06:42 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year

I'm working on remaking the graphics for my RMVX RTP project. This is the first big area in the game. Then it's scripts that gives me some troubles, but I'll try to figure it out.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Rep:
Level 97
That's a really cool style Ocean. I predict good things from that game. I can't commit myself too much, since I will be going away soon, but if you need any helpw with scripts feel free to ask and I will see if I am available to help.

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
Ah, thanks! :D I'm trying to figure out scripting in RGSS also so I don't have to rely on copy/pasting scripts.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/