RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Free Portal on Steam

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Yay is right. Only good until May 24 though.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20004938-58.html

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
way to not include a link moo, you cockass

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
But can you play it, Moo?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You may be joking, but I found out I can't. :mad: I forgot that the Orange Box requires pixel shader 2.0, and my computer is so f***ing old that its graphics card does not even have PIXEL SHADER 1.1.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Lol...*crickets* I don't know much about pixel shader versions, and their relation to DX, but try launching it with one of these advance launch options:
-dx7
-dx8

I would see if it runs with '-dx8' first. You can set launch options by right-clicking on Portal inside Steam and going to "Properties," and "Set Launch Options" should be near the bottom.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Moo, put the game in your library for whenever you get a better computer.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Jesus. By the time it's done updating, creating my account, and signing in, Portal 3 will be released.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I've beaten the game once..it's pretty awesome :D
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
It took me a long while to be able to figure out how to play it without being connected to the internet. Once you've downloaded it, you have to then download all the needed upgrades and set Steam to work offline. Which kinda screws you over if you want to use it that doesn't have internet in the first place. <_<

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've never completed it; I get stuck :(
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Stuck downloading or stuck playing?

Rep:
Level 96
I always get stuck at the part where you push the button and the wall pushes out away from you, up at an angle, into a new larger room with like 4 turrets and a revolving atom shooter thingy. That's where I am now. I've beaten the game like 2 times already, but I ALWAYS get hung up there...

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Stuck playing :|

I just suck at puzzles of this type ;9
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I always get stuck at the part where you push the button and the wall pushes out away from you, up at an angle, into a new larger room with like 4 turrets and a revolving atom shooter thingy. That's where I am now. I've beaten the game like 2 times already, but I ALWAYS get hung up there...

Spoiler for HINT:
use the ball bouncing around to knock out the turrets, it becomes much easier from there

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, I know. I get stuck AFTER I've knocked out all the turrets. I know there's an easy way to cross that void, but I'm obviously doing it the hard way.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I think that level is the level I always get stuck on. In the two or three times I've gotten to it, I've never been able to beat it. :-[

HEY I just beat it. It wasn't as hard as I remember it being, but I hate how short the gate in the big room is open for.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:56:10 AM by SirJackRex »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Oh, I know. I get stuck AFTER I've knocked out all the turrets. I know there's an easy way to cross that void, but I'm obviously doing it the hard way.

Spoiler for HINTER:
There's a platform you can jump down on to the right of the way you enter the room, what you do is activate the entrance wall platform's 45* angle, and put a portal there, then jump down and throw a second portal under yourself, launching you to the other side of the room.

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, of course. But what if you aren't fast enough, and end up getting trapped in the room like I always do. ._.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
pegasus boots yo

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yes, of course. But what if you aren't fast enough, and end up getting trapped in the room like I always do. ._.

Spoiler for I SHOULD JUST FIND A PLAYTHROUGH HUH?:
my bad, I was thinking of the wrong level, you have to get the core into the little receptor behind the door at the left side as you walk in.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_nsptZjio" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_nsptZjio</a>

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'm bumping this old topic again because PORTAL IS FREE until September 20th.

http://www.learnwithportals.com/