RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underrated Video Games

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Im not of high quality,more of A odd quality.
Reseructing a dead thread here....
Phantom Dust
I consider it one of the gods of all game.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:08:54 AM by knox11 »

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
FINAL FANTASY!
FINAL FANTASY!
SUIKODEN!
SUIKODEN!!
METAL GEAR!
METAL GEAR!
ETC..

THESE GAMES ARE ALWAYS ON OUR MIND AND IN THE COMMERCIALS. THE GAME DEVELOPERS WERE ALWAYS ADVERTISING THEIR BIGGEST GAMES.

SO HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD GAMES THAT WE THINK THEY DIDNT REALLY ADVERTISED OR MADE A NEW SEQUEL?

POST SOME GAMES THAT YOU THINK THAT ARE GOOD BUT YET,

Here is mine:

Like where the hell is the next sequel? its a good game i guess. saddly, it only took for like 2-3 months after they released it.. and then the game died.

Rep:
Level 85

My first RPG game that i played on PS1.. Great story line and the combo attacks..

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Here is mine:

Like where the hell is the next sequel? its a good game i guess. saddly, it only took for like 2-3 months after they released it.. and then the game died.

the game is widely respected as one of the greatest PSOne games ever
I fail to see how it's underrated.

also, SquareEnix has repeatedly stated that there will be NO sequel to Legend of Dragoon.
I agree with this motion.
If they tried to continue milking the game, it wouldn't be as amazing as it is.

My first RPG game that i played on PS1.. Great story line and the combo attacks..

also considered one of the best PSOne games ever.
At least in my opinion.
That one could have gotten more publicity than it did.

Also, dont' double post, there's an 'edit' button
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:11:52 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85

Oh hell yes. Chrono trigger is way better than this game. But i think this game should get good credit too
for a unique gameplay.

Yeah one of the most under rated game.. Even though you go back to level one if you go to a different dungeon..
Well thats where the challenge is. The tamed monster are cool too ^_^
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:10:15 PM by ezel »

Rep:
Level 85
Yes that is your opinion. And my opinion.
Legend of Legaia is a good game for us. But not for others.
That is why i am sharing this games to others.
I love legend of legaia too you know  :D  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
again, please don't double post.

Yeah, I didn't really play much of Chrono Cross, it just seemed to be riding on Chrono Trigger's wake.  The battle system was kinda neat though.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Amen to Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, and Azure Dreams..  Glad to see this community has great taste in video games...

I'm going to add to the list with....

Monster Hunter..

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah. Mystic quest are sooooOO under rated. It was one of the lowest earnings on final fantasy game history. But i think it is a very interesting game..

monster hunter is awesome! cant wait to play the next sequel on PS3 (i heared they are making one). =))

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Yeah. Mystic quest are sooooOO under rated. It was one of the lowest earnings on final fantasy game history. But i think it is a very interesting game..

monster hunter is awesome! cant wait to play the next sequel on PS3 (i heared they are making one). =))

Unfortunately Monster Hunter 3 was canceled on the PS3 and is now being made on Wii..

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Apparently nobody but NAMKCOR has any semblance of what an underrated game is. (i.e. Not Super Mario games, not Chrono Cross, no Legend of Dragoon)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
Gyromite
Shatterhand
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Phantom Brave/Makai Kingdom <3

Their always over shadowed by disgaea

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Here is mine:

the game is widely respected as one of the greatest PSOne games ever
I fail to see how it's overrated.

Underrated.

Virtual Hydlide. This game is so bad, it's legendary.
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

One of the greatest.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85
Oh man..
I like castlevania but i never heard of circle of the moon.. I guess that one was underrated if it is a good game.
OR I guess im not a good castlevania fan after all  :mex:

Rep:
Level 90
Superman 64 is so bad that it is legendary. Superman gets locked in a virtual world.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Flying through floating rings is Superman's greatest super power.

Anyway, I've said this like in every underrated video games thread, but:

Betrayal at Krondor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal_at_Krondor

Now, it's not actually underrated per se by reviewers, but practically nobody I know has played it, so it classifies as underrated in my books.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This thread fails because:

Underrated means something that didn't get the attention that it deserved. Therefore, Mario RPG and Castlevania are not underrated.

Overrated means that something got more attention than it deserved. Unfortunately, the topic isn't about overrated games.

Mystic Quest is not in the "Final Fantasy Universe". Square just slapped the Final Fantasy moniker on it to sell more copies.

Legend of Legaia sucked ass.

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, we are talking about some games that didnt get the attention that it deserves.
And post that game that they believe that it is underrated.

hmmm..

In the end, it really depends on the perception and beliefs of every gamer.  :pw:

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Phantom Brave/Makai Kingdom <3

Their always over shadowed by disgaea

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Underrated means something that didn't get the attention that it deserved. Therefore, Mario RPG and Castlevania are not underrated.

Oh so an over looked game in the series totally means it's disqualified just because of the other games, that makes perfect sense.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I didn't say that, but since you want to get into a tiff on the subject, Circle of the Moon wasn't underrated. In fact, it's considered by most to be the best GBA Castlevania.

But seriously, here are some of my underrated games, and I'll tell you a little about why they're underrated:

Wild Arms: Alter Code: F (PS2) -

This game was actually panned by most critics as being stale and not very well done graphically. I was a huge fan of the original game, (the rest in the series sucked pretty bad,) and to see the magnificent story and soundtrack fully realized in 3d was wonderful. It's one of the few console RPGs that I can actually play the whole way through without getting bored.

Dark Law: The Meaning Of Death (SNES) -

While it was only released in Japan, Gideon Zhi of AGTP put out a translation of it a while back. It's technically an RPG, but it has a lot of interactive adventure aspects, pushing it up to the next level of entertainment. A lot of people don't like it, but I find it strangely addictive.

Fusion Frenzy (XBox) -

Critics hate this game. The whole mini/party game genre is usually looked down upon by them, and most of it is justified. I have some great memories of playing this game with my old band in hotel rooms though, and sometimes I wish I could get everyone together to play it again. I never played the sequel, but I've seen some horrible reviews for it as well.

Extermination (PS2) -

Before the days of Metal Gear Solid 2 and other 3rd person formulaic shooters, there was a game called Extermination, where the hero is roaming the halls of an abandoned military base in a violent snowstorm. It was kind of rigid storywise, and these days I don't even think someone would develop or produce this game, but it was pretty sick when it first came out, all those years ago. I think it was the first PS2 game I bought, actually.

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (PSX) -

Hoshigami is a tactical strategy game, in the vein of FF Tactics and Disgaea. This game was excellent for its time, utilizing such features as chained attacks, and the ability to literally bounce an enemy back and forth on the battlefield with a succession of attacks. It was very heady stuff at the time, but NIS games came along and rendered it irrelevant.

Solar Jetman (NES) -

Ahh, Solar Jetman. The tales of a space-age treasure hunter trying to amass wealth on a variety of planets. Complete with independent ship and jetpack controls, planetary gravity, and insane difficulty.

Jackal (NES) -

Konami. Jeeps. Four-Way Rockets. Power Metal Soundtrack. I need say no more.