RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problem installing Rpg Maker XP on Vista

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Was wondering if anyone else had a problem installing Rpg Maker XP on Vista, I can't seem to even get a trial serial number from the nTitles server so I can put in my purchase code.
There is no signature.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Just run it as an administrator. This question has been answered before, you know~
:taco: :taco: :taco:

I got Windows Vista Professional, and have tried running as an Administrator, but still wont connect to get the trial serial number. Anyone else have an idea?
There is no signature.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Try messing around with Windows Firewall.
It could easily be blocking RMXP without your knowledge.

very true, never took that into consideration.

[Edit] Even allowing RPG Maker Xp access didn't work. I even tried turning off the firewall entirely. Still, no dice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:30:34 PM by lostamongmortals »
There is no signature.

Rep:
Level 87
????
lol i have the same problem,plus the problem i dont want to pay for rpg maker xp again

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
If you have purchased RMXP and truly can't use RMXP because of troubles with connecting to the authentication server then you may be allowed to circumvent the protection.
I know there were some countries where you by law could circumvent (or crack) an artificial restraint on a legally bought software product such as a copyright protection should it be the only thing preventing you from using the software.

It has been over a year though, so it could easily have been changed and it is probably very much country specific. Something worths checking ;)
Oh, and this works even if otherwise is stated in the EULA. It is a consumer protection law. ^_^
Just make sure you check because this could easily be some grayzone shizzle as well.

~  Zeriab

Rep:
Level 86
Now that its over this weight is off my shoulder
There is a patch now available on the Enterbrain site.  It's in Japanese, so google translators ahoy.  The patch supposedly works, I'm going to try it out this afternoon.
Now that it's over I love you more and more.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Its called XP for a reason i think  ::)

Rep:
Level 87
Until they come out with RPG Maker Vista, XP will have to do I'm afraid  ::)  A bit of a worry, 'cause I just got myself a laptop and I'm giving Vista a VERY small chance to prove itself.  Hope I don't have great hassles putting RMXP on it!
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.