RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to buy skills in shop rm2k3

Rep:
Level 76
RM2K3 Studied Learner
How can you make an event so that when you buy a skill in the shop you get that skill for your character. Kinda like the ff1 magic system.
Everything is always exactly $10 more than you can afford... unless you can get somebody to loan you ten dollars.

Rep:
Level 91
Well 2 ways:
1. You buy scrolls from the shop, each scroll triggers an event, the event triggers a menu of "which character should get this skill?" (Assuming you have more than 1) and the event also reduce the amount of scrolls in your inventory by 1, hence erasing the scroll
OR
2. Parallel event in the shop map, checking every 1-2 seconds for the existence of said scroll in your inventory, upon finding one it deletes it and grants the skill to whoever you think should get it by default or pops a menu of options.

Option 1 is the better one.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 76
RM2K3 Studied Learner
Well, what I'm actually doing is making a gta game with rm2k3 for fun, and I dont intend to release it, so I'm not working to hard on making it good. So instead of finding weapon sprites for the different guns and weapons, I'm making them different skills.
Everything is always exactly $10 more than you can afford... unless you can get somebody to loan you ten dollars.

Rep:
Level 91
Well, what I'm actually doing is making a gta game with rm2k3 for fun, and I dont intend to release it, so I'm not working to hard on making it good. So instead of finding weapon sprites for the different guns and weapons, I'm making them different skills.
All the same, rather than scrolls use your weapons as your items and the rest is the same.
Further more since we are talking weapons now you could just you know... make them weapons, make it so that equipping a weapon will add the skill associated with the weapon and removing the weapon will remove the skill.
holy shit my sig was big!