RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trivia Time

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
One day when I was 9 I discovered the internet. It had the cure to boredom. That was, until I saw everything useful and relevant on it.
Now, I come to bring a collection of the most useless and irrelevant pieces of factual information! Should you happen to know something ridiculous, factual and useless to any situation, please post it here to add to the collection! Post a question you know the ridiculous answer to, and the collection will grow further! For more rules, see this post by Strike. I'll start us off...

1. Flamingos, contrary to popular belief, are not pink because they eat shrimp; it is because they eat a specific blue-green algae.
2. Polar bears are not white, nor do they have white fur. Their fur is reflective.
3. Alfred Nobel invented dynamite.
4. Ursus Arctos is not, as one might suspect, the polar bear; it is the brown bear.
5. Alan Burns, contrary to Arrow's belief, did not invent the modern steam engine; Thomas Savery invented it.
6. Lance Barr was responsible for the design of the NES gamepad.
7. Zylos' penis is big enough to impress, but small enough to have fun.
8. Molybdenum is the 42nd element on the periodic table.
9. Jacques E. Brandenberger invented cellophane.
10. Koji Kondo wrote the music for Super Mario Bros.
11. The word "Hello" came from the Hungarian word "Hallo?" meaning "Can you hear me?". It became "Hello" through the first telephone call made between Alexander Bell and his assistant.
12. The first prototype alarm clock belonged to Plato and it was powered by water.
13. A syzygy is a well-coordinated alignment, especially in astronomy. The more well-known side effect of syzygy is an eclipse.
14. The first ever UFO sighting was a 47,000 year old rock carving in the Hunan province of China.
15. War and Peace was written by Leo Tolstoy. It was originally going to be called "War, what is it good for?"
16. A threshold is called a threshold because in the old days, people would put husks from grain (thresh) in the doorways of their houses, to keep mud from being spread into the house. Sort of a primitive welcome mat. Thus, every doorway into a place is called the threshold.
17. Wikipedia cannot solve everything.
18. They key difference between apples and pears is that apples float and pears sink.
19. Granny Smith apples were first cultivated by Maria Ann ('Granny') and Thomas Smith in 1868 in their orchard in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
20. Adolf Hitler made the though behind the Volkswagen.
21. Mewtwo's birthday is at time-to-strangle-Johnny-English o'clock. (Well done Arrow - See 26 for the real answer.)
22. Big Ben was completed on April 10, 1858.
23. We (well, most of us) share 40%-60% DNA with animals like rats, pigs and felines as well as chimpanzees. Hence we use them as lab animals.
24. Medorthophobia is fear of an erect penis.
25. Pepsi Max has maximum kick, no sugar.
26. Mewtwo's birthday is on February 6.
27. Bhutan is the world's only carbon sink, meaning it takes in more carbon that it emits. It's national sport is darts.
28. If not for its disproportionate hind legs, the hyena would most likely dominate a large part of Africa.
29. A giraffe's tongue is at least 18 inches (45 cm) because it needs to clean its ears with its tongue.
30. A monotreme is a mammal that lays eggs. All known monotremes are also marsupials and found only in Australia mainland, Tasmania or New Guinea; all platypus and echidna species.
31. The first explorer to land on Antarctica was not this -
Spoiler for wtf?:
- it was the American Captain John Davis. Roald Amundsen was the first to reach the south pole.
32. The Large Hadron Collider was built for the purpose of testing various predictions of high-energy physics, including the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetry.
33. Daniel arap Moi is depicted on the twenty Kenyan Shilling note.
34. Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae) is the brightest star in the Andromeda Galaxy.
35. Bananas grow on herbs that look suspiciously like trees.
36. The animal that has killed the most people in the world is the mosquito.
37. Frankenstein killed nobody. Frankenstein's monster killed plenty enough for the both of them.
38. Bamboos are grass. Deal with it.
39. The colour of water is blue. In large amounts without anything to reflect, it has been shown that water is almost clear, but with a barely noticeable blue tint.
40. If humans were to disappear, dolphins would most likely replace humans as the earths most sentient being.
41. Keiji Inafune's career with Capcom ended on October 29, 2010.
42. Pete Best was the drummer for the Beatles before Ringo Starr.
43. Vile (Mega Man X) was originally designed a little differently. One of his arms was a melee weapon; a spinning blade.
44. The Pygmy Jerboa is the world's smallest rodent.
45. Eros is the Greek analogue of the Roman god Cupid.
46. In Irish gypsy culture, the first man a girl kisses is their partner for life. The process is called grabbing. A man literally picks up a girl he wants and carries her away in attempt to kiss her. If she does, even by mistake, shes his for life.
47. Doogie Howser voiced Dr. Blowhole in the tv series, "Penguins of Madagascar".
48. This.
49. The Atanasoff-Berry computer is considered the first electronic computer to ever be made, and was made in 1937.
50. If you had 32 white socks and 51 black socks, and it was put in a bag, the minimum number of socks to be pulled out to get one matching pair is 3. (That's not trivia, Johnny.)
51. Muscles use the chemical compound Adenosine Triphosphate.
52. The tallest mountain on Earth is bloody well not Mount Everest; it is Mauna Kea in Hawaii that goes over 10 kilometers from the bottom of the sea floor. The furthest point from the center of the Earth that is part of Earth is Mt. Chimborazo, because the Earth is a partially oblate spheroid.
53. Dioclesian and Dido and Aeneas were both written by Henry Purcell, our "Uncle Henry".
54. John is Big Boss's first name from MGS.
55. Gracie doesn't like it when you get her super-hard questions right. It was "Dust in the wind" by Kansas.
56. The Huntsman spider is the only type that has lungs. Remember to listen to its breathing next time you have one on your ear.
57. Gazpacho soup is popular in the Seville region of Spain, but probably originated either in Arab countries where it was taken by the invading Moors to Spain, or as a similarly introduced Roman dish, albeit with the addition of vinegar.
58. The common earthworm has 5 "brains", or, more specifically, "ganglia". Incidentally, ganglia sounds dirty. Hehe.
59. 680 kilograms (1500 pounds) is the accepted lethal dose of THC, the compound in Marijuana that gets you high.
60. The thought of time travel came from India in 700 BCE-300 CE, in the book Mahabrata.
61. Kadhafi must leave his country in March 1992 (which is a bit time prehensile, but ok.)
62. The country that has the least use for Jeremy Clarkson is Bhutan.
63. James Cameron did not invent Avatars, Hinduism did it.
64. The 1st Moscow McDonalds opened on January 31, 1990.
65. Kadhafi is the oldest dic(tator) still in power.
66. Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. Try telling that to jmtb02.
67. Tipping a waiter in Iceland is considered an insult.
68. In Romeo and Juliet, _ kills Mercutio, _ kills Mercutio's killer and is punished with _.

And the first question of the thread; what species of bear has the taxonomic binomial name of Ursus Arctos?

Most Learned in the Art of Useless Knowledge: - 1st: Arrow. 2nd: Gracie/Acolyte. 3rd: Johnny.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:17:10 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
brown bear

Who invented the modern steam engine?

Also I'd suggest a topic change to something along the lines of "Trivia Time" or something that reflects the person who posts next has to go find the answer and post it. I suppose it's just an effort in googling but I like the idea of a thread where you pose and interesting question and the next person has to find the answer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:44:22 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Alan Burns. Right?

Who was responsible for the design of the NES gamepad?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Lance Barr.

How big is my penis?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Big enough to impress, small enough to be fun.

What element is numbered 42 on the Periodic Table?
:tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Molybdenum

Who invented cellophane?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Jacques E. Brandenberger

Who did the music for Super Mario Bros?

Alan Burns. Right?
that's the steam-jet engine. the first modern steam engine was Thomas Savery in 1689.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Koji Kondo, no?

Where did the word 'hello' come from?

Rep:
Level 75
Thomas Edison! as a telephone greating.

Who invented the alarm clock?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Wrong, it was derived from Hola, but Edison chose it as a possible telephone greeting, along with others such as Ahoy.

The first prototype alarm clock in history was owned by Plato. It was powered by water, and it was used to signal the time for his speeches.

What does the word syzygy mean, and what is the more well-known side effect?

Rep:
Level 96
A coordinated alignment, especially astronomically. As for "side effect"s, I couldn't find anything. :S

When and where was the first recorded sighting of a UFO?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The more well-known side effect of syzygy is an eclipse.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Wrong, it was derived from Hola, but Edison chose it as a possible telephone greeting, along with others such as Ahoy.
I believe you'll find that it derives from the Hungarian phrase "Hallo?" meaning "Can you hear me?" And it was developed from Alexander Bell's first ever telephone call with his Hungarian assistant. He, as you mentioned, preferred to say either "Ahoy" or "Ahoy-hoy".
I think. That's what I'm writing anyway.

Rep:
Level 96
Answering my own question, lest it be lost:

A 47,000 year old rock carving in the Hunan province of China.

Who wrote War and Peace?

Rep:
Level 94
Tolstoy, bro! It was originally going to be called "War, what is it good for?"

(Seinfeld joke)

Why is a threshold called a threshold?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Threshold is a very old word, dating to at least 1000. The word thresh originally meant to stamp on or trample and survives today in the verb to thresh and in thrash. The hold portion is of unknown origin. The threshold is the first place in a building you step and has also branched off to mean any gateway.

How can you tell the difference between an apple and a pear without any prior knowledge, scientific apparatus or training in the field?

Rep:
Level 94
Wrong. A threshold is called a threshold because in the old days, people would put husks from grain (thresh) in the doorways of their houses, to keep mud from being spread into the house. Sort of a primitive welcome mat. Thus, every doorway into a place is called the threshold.

Wikipedia can't solve everything!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:24:15 AM by Goolkeye »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
My sincerest apologies for my incorrect answer.
I didn't use Wikipedia though. Perhaps my answer is correct, just not what you were looking for.

Any light to be shed on my question?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

How can you tell the difference between an apple and a pear without any prior knowledge, scientific apparatus or training in the field?
apples float, pears don't

Who cultivated Granny Smith apples when and where. (bonus trivia: Granny Smith apples were not a natural apple type)

also can we have a new rule right now? being If you are going to respond to a question that was incorrectly answered or whatever you still need to give an answer and another question.
ANSWER

NEW QUESTION

COMMENTS ON AN EARLIER INCORRECT ANSWER OR A QUOTE AND COMMENT OR WHATEVER ELSE

like this

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Granny Smith apples were first cultivated by Maria Ann ('Granny') and Thomas Smith in 1868 in their orchard in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Who put forward the idea for the Volkswagon?

Also, a very good idea. Well done, sir.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Hitler, i think.(i read it in history... or did i?)
when is mewto's Bday??

Rep:
Level 96
Time-to-strangle-Johnny-English o'clock.

When was Big Ben erected?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Hehe... erected. April 10, 1858 was when it was finished. I think that's what you wanted.

What... is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Also Johnny was right.

Rep:
Level 96
African or European?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
What? I don't know tha-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
an unladen swallow, it seems is an optimization branch of CPython, intended to be fully compatible and significantly faster. It aimed to achieve its goals by supplementing CPython's custom virtual machine with a JIT built using LLVM. The project had stated a goal of a five-times speed improvement over CPython.This goal was not met.
what is Medorthophobia?

and nobody knows mewto'sBday?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Its a little known fact that we share 40%-60% DNA with animals like rats, pigs and felines as well as chimpanzees. Hence we use them as lab animals.

Not very funny but er... its trivia?

AND NO I DON'T

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Please, Jonathon, one question at a time. Medorthophobia is... *groan*... fear of an erect penis.
Ugh.
What has maximum kick but no sugar?

That's quite interesting, dear Grace. On the board it goes.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Pepsi?
and still no mewto's birthday?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Fine. February 6th. Happy?

What is the only country in the world that is a carbon sink? (You figure it out.)

Pepsi Max, don't you know.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Incorrect.
CLUE:
Spoiler for CLUE:
This country's national sport is darts. That's whacked.

Corollary: We can now add clues; one for each incorrect answer given.

Rep:
Level 96
Bhutan!

If not for its disproportionate hind legs, what animal would most likely dominate a large part of Africa?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Wow, tough one. I don't know, but I'll guess it's a rhino.

What was Ludwid van Beethoven's response to the success of his Piano Sonata No. 14 in C# minor "Quasi una fantasia", op. 27, No. 2?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:34:52 PM by EvilM00s »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
"This'll really fuckup their trivia win streak! HAHAHA!"

I don't know, but in gypsy culture (irish), the first man a girl kisses is their partner for life. The process is called grabbing. A man literally picks up a girl he wants and carries her away in attempt to kiss her. If she does, even by mistake, shes his for life.

Rep:
Level 96
Wow, tough one. I don't know, but I'll guess it's a rhino.

What was Ludwid van Beethoven's response to the success of his Piano Sonata No. 14 in C ? minor "Quasi una fantasia", op. 27, No. 2?

Hyena, actually, vicious little bastards.

I can't actually answer yours though. o_o

How long is a giraffe's tongue?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:15:51 PM by Chicken Boo »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
18 + Inches. BLue back.

Rep:
Level 96
Much like I did about an hour ago, you forgot to add a new question~

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
What was Ludwid van Beethoven's response to the success of his Piano Sonata No. 14 in C ? minor "Quasi una fantasia", op. 27, No. 2?

Hint:
Spoiler for:
He did not see the piece as one of his best.

Hyenas, eh? Bastards, indeed.

Okay, try this one: What single characteristic defines an animal as a monotreme? Big fat hint, it's in the etymology of the name.

Rep:
Level 75
"From the Greek monos "single" + trema "hole", referring to the cloaca, are mammals that lay eggs."

Who was the first explorer to land in Antarctica?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 96

What is the purpose of the Large Hadron Collider?

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
To find out why there is matter as opposed to anti-matter, I believe. Just off the top of my head.

What language was Cumbric a branch of?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Celtic I believe?

And speaking of the Celts, which Celtic leader took on the Greeks at Thermopylae?

Rep:
Level 75
Brennus.

Who is depicted on the twenty Kenyan Shilling note?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What is the purpose of the Large Hadron Collider?
I don't think this one was properly answered, so I'll use a snippet from the wiki page.
The Large Hadron Collider was built for the purpose of testing various predictions of high-energy physics, including the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetry.

Who is depicted on the twenty Kenyan Shilling note?

Daniel arap Moi

What is the brightest star in the Andromeda Galaxy?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae).

What do bananas grow on?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
they grow on shoots, rather than trees

the most dangerous animal in the world?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I assume that by dangerous you mean "has killed the most people in history."
Therefore, the answer is the malaria-carrying mosquito.

How many people did Frankenstein kill?

Also, they grow on herbs. They are fucking massive and look a lot like trees =0

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
None, since the name of the monster is not frankenstein, its the name of it's creator.
what type of plants are bamboos?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Grass.

What colour is water?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Water has no colour, it reflects light so it appears to be blue-green or brown in certain situations.

What animal would most likely replace humans as the earths most sentient being if humans were to dissapear?

Rep:
Level 96
Gonna guess Dolphins. :O

When did Keiji Inafune's career with Capcom end?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
October 29, 2010

These are all kind of pointless when everyone has ready access to Google. :V

Easy one: Who was the drummer for the Beatles before Ringo?

Rep:
Level 96
Right, but you're supposed to TRY to guess first. :P

Pete Best.

Lessee... Vile (Mega Man X) was originally designed a little differently. One of his arms was a melee weapon. What was that weapon?

Rep:
Level 75
Spinning Blade

What is he world's smallest rodent?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Pygmy Jerboa. I think.

In mythology, what is the name given to the Roman analogue of Eros, a Greek god?

EDIT: Water is actually very slightly blue.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:22:15 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
What was Ludwid van Beethoven's response to the success of his Piano Sonata No. 14 in C# minor "Quasi una fantasia", op. 27, No. 2?

He said "Surely I have written better music!"

I want to say the answer to the previous query is Cupid. Yeah, final answer.

Rep:
Level 96
Spinning Blade

What is he world's smallest rodent?

Ball and chain, actually. It was a sick-ass looking thing, but it made him look a little to medieval.

Moose didn't post a new query, so...

Who voiced Dr. Blowhole in the tv series, "Penguins of Madagascar?"

If you don't already know, it's worth looking up. You'll laugh.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Oh, no shit! Doogie Howser, MD!

Wow.

Okay, who is the first character in the Metal Gear series to say the word "fuck" in either the JP or US versions, and who was the voice actor/actress? For bonus points, tell me the Squeenix character this actor/actress has voiced in a Final Fantasy Game.

There, made up for forgetting a question.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:36:22 PM by EvilM00s »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Laughing Octopus in MGS4 for the English version. She said something like "It's fucking hysterical". Voiced by Paula Tiso.

In the Japanese series, it was EVA in MGS3. Voiced by Suzetta Miñet.

Derp, forgot the question.

What is considered the first electronic computer to ever be made, and what year was it made in?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:01:17 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
The Atanasoff–Berry Computer, 1937(or so says Wikipedia)
if you had 32 white socks and 51 black socks, and it was put in a bag, what is the minimum number of socks to be pulled out to get one matching pair?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Uh, my math is rubbish so I'll guess.
7?

What song title have I jumbled up?

"It Dwds Unnte Thid"
The correct layout is:
---- -- --- ----
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:51:51 AM by Gracie the Bitey »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
ooh hard.... ???
clue for my question
Spoiler for:
you need one pair. either white or black. play out the scenarios in your mind
eg, if the answer was 5, what are the possibilities?
wwwww
wwwwb
wwwbw
wwbww
wbwww
bwwww
wwwbb
wwbbw
wbbww
bbwww
bwwwb
bwwbw
bwbww
bbbww
wbbbw
wwbbb
and so on

Rep:
Level 96
The Atanasoff–Berry Computer, 1937(or so says Wikipedia)
if you had 32 white socks and 51 black socks, and it was put in a bag, what is the minimum number of socks to be pulled out to get one matching pair?

Two. (I won't post a question because I couldn't decipher gracie's)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Clue then:

---- in --- ----

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
still wrong.
you can get w/b or b/w
@ gracie:
---- in the ----?
wait... that leaves 12 letters but only 8 spaces ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:35:26 AM by Johnny English »

Rep:
Level 96
still wrong.
you can get w/b or b/w
@ gracie:
---- in the ----?
wait... that leaves 12 letters but only 8 spaces ???

Hm? You said the minimum. To say that that is wrong implies that no one in a hundred years will ever pull two of one color sock in a row on their first try.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
what i meant was to be sure you would get a pair :P

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Fixed the jumbled song name, it had one or two letters too many :)

Yup, ---- in the ---- is right!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Alright, jewels of humanity, I want to update this a little, but...
My laptop's broken and I have very little time to be on the internet at all these days. So, I give permission for Arrow to edit the top post and be the co-curator for this thread. This may seem biased, but he is winning the thread, and he is also a mod. However, I will be checking from time to time to see if I can answer a question and contribute a little. 69 replies in 6 days. Impressive, RMRK.
Adieu.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Acolyte, I am impressed.

So then, since WDP left without a question, I'll go next.

What chemical compund is the energy that muscles use?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Do you mean Adenosine Triphosphate or Lactic Acid?
*compound

What is the tallest mountain on Earth?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Everest, second highest is K2.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
What is Big Boss's first name from MGS?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Tallest. Everest is the highest. Try again.

Adamska?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
ooh! ooh!
some underwater mountain
*thinks*

the answer is Mauna Kea
unless you take in the fact that the earth is not a complete sphere,
in which case the answer is mt. chimborazo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:20:32 AM by Johnny English »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Absolutely correct. However, you didn't post another question. *sigh*

Name an opera by Henry Purcell.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
i didn't post another one cause i still didn't solve gracie's :P
any ways , Dioclesian

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'll try to get rid of Gracie's question then. Hmm...
"Dust in the wind" by Kansas.

What is the only type of spider that has lungs?

I was looking for Dido and Aeneas, but that's because it's my favourite. Correct.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
You absolute penis.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Never heard of that spider. And I'm Australian; I've heard of all of them. But it was Dust in the Wind.

Rep:
Level 98
Adamska is wrong. ;o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
John, of course.

What is the only type of spider that has lungs?

Uh...harvestmen?

Where did Gazpacho soup originate from?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:24:42 AM by Acolyte »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
John Doe, specifically.

As for the soup, it is popular in the Seville region of Spain, but probably originated either in Arab countries where it was taken by the invading Moors to Spain, or as a similarly introduced Roman dish, albeit with the addition of vinegar.

How many brains does an earthworm have?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
either none or 2 (i don't remember)
nobody is still answering my sock question, so I'm gonna answer:
Spoiler for:
are you sure you want to know?
Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
5, silly. And I guess they're not technically brains, just neural ganglia. That sounds dirty, "ganglia".

What is the accepted lethal dose of THC, the compound in Marijuana (pot, cush, weed, leaf, herb, grass, Guido Sarducci) that gets you high?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
680 kgs (1500 lbs) in 14 minutes or something. I dunno.

Where did the thought of time travel come from? (I.e., who thought of it and when?)

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
700s BCE to 300s CE - Mahabharata

When will Kadhafi leave his country? Or when will the USA and NATO drop bombs?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
March 1992.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
That second question isn't asking for a fact, it's looking for subjective.

What country has the least usage for Jeremy Clarkson? Or rather, which country doesn't have cars and television?

Also,
who thought of it and when?
I know who it is, rather rather what they were, but you have to share it with the rest of the class.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:19:16 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
how old is this \/
List of 28 countries w/o television
19. Nauru

20. Nepal

21. Papua New Guinea (TV service expected to begin 1982)

22. Rwanda

23. San Marino

24. Seychelles [\quote]

Are there websites before 1982?
I'd thought i'd search fora list of countries w/o cars and another w/o tv and find the common country
that failed, i guess :-\
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:52:52 AM by Johnny English »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yes, it did fail. Have your second try on my desk tomorrow morning.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
 :hmmm: i'm gonna take a wild guess and say Sierra Leone!
on the other hand Zimbabwe is the poorest country in the world...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'll just tell you that the answer is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
I'll just tell you that the answer is mentioned earlier in this thread.
hmmm...
the places mentioned earlier:
1 earth
2 Spain
3 Australia
4 Greece
5 Rome
6 Ecuador
7 Bhutan
8 Arabia

9 Madagascar
it isn't earth(duh...)
it isn't australia, greece or rome
not spain.
I know there are cars in Bhutan. maybe in Ecuador too. And arabia, obviously.
so, Madagascar?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:17:59 AM by Johnny English »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I was, indeed, looking for the kingdom of Bhutan. Until 1999, there was a ban on the internet and television in Bhutan and cars are seldom seen. So, in a way you are right. But I don't care.
Go on, ask your question.

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Oh that's why. I Cause i saw a recent pic in Bhutan with cars
What is the origin of the word 'Avatar'?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
James Cameron came up with them!
Jokes, quite sure it's Hinduism. Not sure what they were and what they did, but preety sure Hindu.

When did the first Moscow McDonald's open?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
On January 31 year 1990.

Who's the oldest dictator still in power?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Queen Elizabeth the Second. Or, more correctly and seriously, Kadhafi?

What is the only animal that cannot jump?

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
An elephant?
The only place where tipping a waiter is considered an insult??

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I know that tips are most certainly not customary here, but it is Iceland you're looking for. Can't remember why, however.

In Romeo and Juliet, who kills Mercutio, who kills Mercutio's killer and what is his punishment?