RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Are The Public of America Slightly out of Touch with the world

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
because the bad presidents didn't like it?
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The Womans Views at the time she tried to air them was insensitive even if they echo a hint of truth... I think she should have been cut off of live TV, but the video saved for people that felt simular to her to have at least heard he out... After all its freedom of speach.

What I am trying to do is show why people are thinking as they are... It only took me 5 mins to find those films...Media and perception may be geared at destroying America's image... I don't know why people would do that, with out, as I am saying an ill Air about the USA...

This sort of thing just didn't go on in Clintons time as president...

I think getting rid of Bush will do America a World of Good... He is bad wood, cut him out.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
The Womans Views at the time she tried to air them was insensitive even if they echo a hint of truth...

By no means do I agree with it. But how dare they cut her off. Freedom of speech? How ignorant of them to get her on the show to just push her away.

I think she should have been cut off of live TV

I say she shouldn't have, but the media probably would've tried to, to brainwash people. It's what the media do best.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
The Womans Views at the time she tried to air them was insensitive even if they echo a hint of truth...

By no means do I agree with it. But how dare they cut her off. Freedom of speech? How ignorant of them to get her on the show to just push her away.

This woman is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, which thinks that Americans deserve to die because they are supporting a government that protects homosexuals. There is no hind of truth in there; she's just nuts.

by the way, we do have freedom of speech, but that does not mean that we are obligated to provide a venue for someone. She is free to rant and rave somewhere else.

I think she should have been cut off of live TV

I say she shouldn't have, but the media probably would've tried to, to brainwash people. It's what the media do best.

what does she have to say that is of any value? She was going to rant until she was cut off anyway, there wasn't going to be any intelligent discourse.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:17:37 PM by Jesus Hitler »

Rep:
Level 88
what does she have to say that is of any value?

Nothing, but she thinks she does. So why did these stupid Americans (the reporters) bother to get her on the news in the first place?! Just made them look like ignorant assholes.

She is free to rant and rave somewhere else.

Then why did they put her on the news in the friggin' first place...

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Ever heard of a freak show? That's all Fox News is.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Then why did they put her on the news in the friggin' first place...

I am going to quote Forrest Gump

"Stupid Is As Stupid Does"

Fox News always shows America in it's true-est light, a right mix of odd balls.

But then again for every one Odd Ball America has 5 Saine people... It's just easyer to find the odd balls.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:24:44 PM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 88
[offtopic]LMAO! This is uncanny. My friend watched that movie and wants me to watch it. It keeps popping up in my life, via people mentioning it - pictures of it. I may watch it! :P

Same happened to Mulholland Drive (trailers... ads... people recommending it for me... somehow getting to the IMDb page for it...) for a few years till I sat down and watched it, and it's my favourite movie. I won't ignore the signs this time!  ;D

Okay... now this is spooking me out. Same happened with Donnie Darko - Director's Cut (hears a song using samples from Donnie Darko, friend rents Donnie Darko, then I give in and rent it too).[/offtopic]

Most of those YouTube videos didn't say much, especially the flame war.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Nah... the Flame War one just highlights a divid even on the most simplest level of Who's Dogs bigger that Who's...

I think it's very Childish to be fair...

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
If you are American, I suggest you shut up about stereotypes. Considering Americans have made an extremely inaccurate one for us Australians (which only Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin have followed).
You know most people don't buy into stereotypes, right?

I'm not in Europe. Here is a grand example of trying to judge me by the way I act and putting me in a country. You're just as bad as Saucy and LOS.
Australia is just Europe transplanted into the Pacific.

I'm not arrogant and I don't think Americans are all idiots. Read my posts before you decide for yourself whether I am arrogant or not.
That's directed at the other two.

Thank you for the only intelligent post. :)
:(

Quote from: Largo Usagi
they only intended the rich to have power any ways because only those who owned land could vote.
Every land owner's rich?

i live in Michigan, near Detroit and i hear people all the time fsk Canada, Canada is not a real country etc, in my stating this it allows me to disprove the point that American is over patriotic, when half the people i know didn't know it was veterans day and Canada's equivalent they all wear popie blossoms on their shirt to show respect, we cant even remember the day that it occurs
People tend to love joking about Canada even more than New Jersey. They especially enjoy calling it 'the suburbs of America'.

our country from what it was 40 years ago is pretty FUBAR, we used to be the most powerful nation in the world, now we are just second rate, we couldn't even continue on our own if china placed a trade embargo on us
The US would handle it better than China, which is as dependent on the US as a 4 year old on his mother.

Quote from: landofshadows
(May be I am taking things to far... and reading into this too much, but I fear the USA will end the world as we know it one day)...
I can't breathe.

Quote from: Largo Usagi
what i want to happen with us, the US is to completely remove ourselves from Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa (All Places) leave private charities to helping the people over there, stop giving the EU lots of cash (sorry you have a stable economy you don't need us to give you extra money), and basically get the fuck out of everyone else business.
The US isn't going to pull out of these places yet because it has strong interests there. It's what superpowers do. And the US is really giving the EU money? Somebody that's more intelligent verify this. If so, that's... :/

Quote from: ataraxy2
How about you post something worth reading.
I still don't get how JH's posts aren't worth reading but LoS' and Largo Usagi's are. These guys don't even use evidence, the former just uses dumb YouTube videos and says 'LOL TIHS IS AMERIKA'. The latter doesn't really know as much about politics as he seems to think he does.

Quote from: landofshadows
I don't read any of Jesus Hitlers Posts... its not worth reading them... Not after he called me a twat and a Cunt.
Yeah, what a good excuse to dismiss posts you can't address.

Quote from: Ravenshade
Sorry, but I have to agree with LoS on his view of reading JH's posts. They're just offensive.
How sheltered were you as a child? JH isn't even being moderately offensive.

Quote from: ataraxy2
The smartest thing you've said so far.  Smiley It's so obvious you're not sure. I was starting to think you were just here to troll. The solution is to read my posts though.
Ha, that flew so far above your head. :D Classic.
also- he said 'fancy' instead of 'fantasy' as a joke directed at LoS.

Most people outside of America seem to hate them due to: wanting money and power.
Aw, so do people hate every other nation, too? How about that China everyone here's so obsessed with? Or North Korea? Do people post flame threads about the evils of the UK?

Quote from: Ravenshade
Perhaps when Bush stands down and lets what's his name take the lead for a while will people like the americans...
Glad to know that we're hated because our President sucks. Do the Europeans hate England because of Tony Blair?

Oh, and I love how you guys don't know that Fox News is basically, as JH said,a freak show. It's also heavily biased and caters to the average dumb Christian Republican. The group that's losing its influence.

Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
yes America is giving the EU money to subsidize some government projects, we have been doing it since the end of WWII but it was only supposed to be a temporary thing
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Rep:
Level 88
People tend to love joking about Canada even more than New Jersey. They especially enjoy calling it 'the suburbs of America'.

It's an old Hollywood joke. "Making a movie in Canada means being dead."

Ha, that flew so far above your head.  :D Classic.
also- he said 'fancy' instead of 'fantasy' as a joke directed at LoS.

Leave me alone! >:(

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I still don't get how JH's posts aren't worth reading but LoS' and Largo Usagi's are. These guys don't even use evidence, the former just uses dumb YouTube videos and says 'LOL TIHS IS AMERIKA'. The latter doesn't really know as much about politics as he seems to think he does.

The reason I post You-Tube video's is most of what I am trying to put across is addressed in them.  I know I SUCK at spelling and your-self and JH always Mock me for it.

I am not trying to run America down all I am doing is trying to show Americans how people see them.  The opinion of the USA has fallen at about the same times as the towers did. Not cuz of the towers but the Events shortly after... And this War on terror thats being taken to the terrorists, rather than fighting from home.

At least thats why my view has gone down... and then to watch video's of people backing that sort of action and not knowing the difference between France and Austrilia is just a little off.

Do the Europeans hate England because of Tony Blair?

I think a vast majority do hate England for going against the UN and helping the War on Terror, I think Blair was wrong to make that choice, I don't think going to Iraq was a good idea.  I hate the English Goverment and Blair my-self... And I think many others who can see the Goverment for what it is, MONEY GRABBING LEACHES then they do too.

I am not saying all Americans are Dumb... I have tried explaining this Topic time after time...

Can you blame me for the topic after watching:-
Jerry Springer (LETS SHOW THE WORLD A REAL FREAK SHOW)
Cops (YEP, LETS SHOW LOADS OF RACIAL ARRESTS)
Dog the Bounty Hunter (HOW MANY TRAILER PARKS DO YOU HAVE)
America's Dumbest Crimanals (WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE)
Extream Make Over (OVER EMOTIONAL)

Need I go on... The Media America is out-putting is putting their own nation to shame... If I am generalizing your nation Blame Sky One... Blame your own Media... Blame the Gun Culture thats growing in our country thanks to your media interest... You are a world leader, and an example to follow, if all countries end up like America I am all for moving to Mars...

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
LoS, I didn't accuse you of being against Americans in general, I guess I didn't make myself clear in this respect.
Also, TV is stupid as fuck. What do they show in Europe? As I recall they have many spin-off shows, and vice versa.

Jerry Springer (LETS SHOW THE WORLD A REAL FREAK SHOW)
- I can't comprehend this show either.

Cops (YEP, LETS SHOW LOADS OF RACIAL ARRESTS)
- That's because the majority of criminals in these situations are inner-city blacks. There are very many reasons for this, mostly stemming from past actions against blacks and them being restricted to ghettos with few rights until recently. Many blacks have made something of themselves, many haven't. That's why you see them getting arrested on Cops so much.
Dog the Bounty Hunter (HOW MANY TRAILER PARKS DO YOU HAVE)
- Heh.
America's Dumbest Crimanals (WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE)
- Dumb criminals are the BEST though. They get caught more easily.
Extream Make Over (OVER EMOTIONAL)
- Isn't that show on Lifetime?

edit: And you didn't see dumb shows like the kind you link to in Clinton's era because they weren't popular yet. It has nothing to do with the President, he doesn't define America or its media.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
In Europe they show 'The IT Crowd'!  ;D

'Some Mothers Do Ave Em' and 'Mother and Son'!  :tpg:

UK TV is the best for comedy gonorrhoea!

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I saw an old British comedy once.
The naked cashier chick and the German with a name that never ends were the best parts.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
LoS, I didn't accuse you of being against Americans in general, I guess I didn't make myself clear in this respect.
Also, TV is stupid as fuck. What do they show in Europe? As I recall they have many spin-off shows, and vice versa.

Cool... and I like the way you sort of see my point about the media thats out put... And yes we do have spin off shows, but nothing in the same extream as the American shows.

My fav Comedy Is Bottom... In the below clip Richie and Eddy find a Video Camera and deside to send it to a Funny Home video spoof show called Beadles about... And many Flat dewling folk can relate to some of the clips in Bottom... I also like the Office and Extra's David Brent rocks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0_qwb1PwY

Now I like some American shows like Malcom in the Middle and Friends, BRILLIANT SHOWS... Malcom in the Middle has me in stitches... Oh Simpsons and South Park are Kick Arse too... Its just the reality shows I think do America no favours...

I know in England right now with have some stigma due to Jade Goody... I guess me trying to equate AMerica to being like the people on Jerry SPringer would be like Americans equating us to Jade.  Jade is thicker than any of those people shown in the 1st Video I posted...

Here's some of her stupidest moments:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJt5nMOsEM

This is one of the funnyest video's you will ever see cuz she is being serious...LOL... She one MENTAL example of a Britt...LOL
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:19:33 PM by landofshadows »

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Eskimos will be the dominant nation during the next Ice Age.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
OK! STOP! The people in the big brother house should not be used to represent britain! THEY ARE IDIOTS! People go on the show to get famous for doing f*** all! All the people who actually watch this sad program should get a live, or at least another one! In conclusion, Big Brother = worst shit ever concieved by channel4

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
worst shit ever concieved by channel4

I agree... But look at the ratings...

I used that show to back up the USA... every nation has their fair share of Thick people, and I guess going by the 1st posts video was a little unfair...

I admit I was a little out of order for posting it, it made me laugh ALMOST as much as the Jade Goody video, until the end part, the bit that worry's me slightly, and rasies concern about the USA invading other countries.

But in general I do think the majority of the public in America don't want to know about the outside world, Many people in England don't either...

Its nothing major, that some people just don't watch the news, and who can blame them, there's never any good news.

Makes you wonder what a world will be like with no Media or News...

To save any ill feeling I will lock the topic.
(If any one wants it open please ask me or a MOD)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:08:43 PM by landofshadows »