RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gaia, Final Fantasy, real?

Rep:
Level 88
The Gaia Hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_theory_(science)

Although it seems at first glance from the title, that this thread is spam, I assure you it is not. It is a common theme in Final Fantasy, most notably Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and Final Fantasy VII.

What I mean by the Gaia Hpothesis is something proposed by the Geophysicist: James Lovelock. He theorised that the planet acts just like one giant organism, regulating everything about itself. A super organism if you prefer.

In Final Fantasy, this was taken a step further and called the Raifusturemu, or Life Stream. Forgive me if I made a spelling error there. Where the planet actively protects itself from invaders. Notably in Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, I mean the ghosts as the invaders, and similary in Final Fantasy VII when the meteor was about to sestroy the planet.

What I want to discuss, is who believes that the Gaia Hypothesis is true, or who is skeptical. What do people think of my proposed link, and how this influenced a number of Final Fantasy games if not more Roleplaying games.

I know that at first it seems far too good to be true, but, it does stand to reason looking back through time, and for me, it seems to have influenced Roleplaying Games quite significantly.

In Final Fantasy 9, the Life Stream, took a different form. Mist which was created from the earth and used to create monsters, however this might be a little too broad an example.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:54:27 PM by Chiakumu »
Kinsei kazoku no mottoo .

Seigi no mae no haamonii
heiwa no mae no barannsu
saigo no ha no mae no junjo ha kudaru

Translation:

Kinsei Family Motto

Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before the last leaf falls

Rep:
Level 88
I'm not quite sure what you mean. But I was told that almost all Final Fantasies originate from the Sephirotica or something. Is that what this is?

Rep:
Level 88
Well the Sephirotica is beyond me... and I think this discussion will be too. Understood the animation though, and what I got from it was that the plant healed itself - technically this happens in any Final Fantasy with the crystals. So they could be connected? I dunno. Yet to play VII but I was told of how it is very religious as is IX with a Tree and V with a Tree, I'd look for the link but it'd be spoiling V for you. Apparently all FF's somehow connect with this Sephirotica thing... and I was just curious as to if you knew. You obviously don't.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I think a part of me just died in laughter.
'LOL I PLEYD TIHS VG DU U GUISE THINK MEBBE ITZ TRU LOL'
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
Final Fantasy VII is not religious, not in the least

All Final Fantasies are somehow or somewhat, probably - it's fit in so well with the feel they give off, especially X. If you've played V... spoilers ahoy! The right part is rather obvious (think it's midsection): http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=66409

If you haven't played V don't bother. DON'T SPOIL THAT GAME OF ALL FINAL FANTASIES!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Secret of Mana on the SNES calls the sprit of the Earth Mana force...

I see the links your making...

Wickens think the Earth has its own Soul or Energy call Mannon or some thing like that, Native Indians also think the Earth has a Soul or Spirt...

We all know tree's, grass and other vegitation is alive so why not the Earth ?

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Look up the biological definition of 'life' and get back to me on that.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Interesting idea. If we actually all only constist out of energy, being atoms and mass is actually a side effect of "much energy", why shouldn't everything be alive in some way. It doesn't have to "think" or be intelligent. I mean, look at plants. Do they "think"? No, yet they are alive. Maybe, it doesn't have to be "biological" life.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Interesting idea. If we actually all only constist out of energy, being atoms and mass is actually a side effect of "much energy", why shouldn't everything be alive in some way. It doesn't have to "think" or be intelligent. I mean, look at plants. Do they "think"? No, yet they are alive. Maybe, it doesn't have to be "biological" life.

I think you need to look up the definition of "life".

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Have a read for yourself Jesus Hitler and Gono:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

Life, in its most generic definition, is a quality of matter. Matter that is 'alive' forms organisms of vast variety. Properties common to the known organisms found on Earth (plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea and bacteria) are that they are carbon-and-water-based, are cellular with complex organization, undergo metabolism, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt in succeeding generations.

An entity with the above properties is considered to be an organism. However, not every definition of life considers all of these properties to be essential. For example, the capacity for descent with modification is often taken as the only essential property of life. This definition notably includes viruses, which do not qualify under narrower definitions as they are acellular and do not metabolise. Broader definitions of life may also include theoretical non-carbon-based life and other alternative biology.

The Earth could be an Organism.  I am not saying its capable of thought or protecting it's self in the same way as described in the post first made by Chiakumu... But many idea's even that in Star Wars goes into the theory of a divine power that binds all LIVING things including planets together, like the Force / Mediclorants...

Dragon Ball Z, again all based on Energy KI...

Budisium is a faith based on Energy, and they also say the Planet has its own spirt.

It's not a stupid debtae to have started... It's fairly interesting unlike your Fictious Nation of inderpently ruled presidential states Topic... TOSH !!!

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Have a read for yourself Jesus Hitler and Gono:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

Blizzard seemed to be suggesting that something could be alive because it existed and that plant were not biological.

Life, in its most generic definition, is a quality of matter. Matter that is 'alive' forms organisms of vast variety. Properties common to the known organisms found on Earth (plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea and bacteria) are that they are carbon-and-water-based, are cellular with complex organization, undergo metabolism, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt in succeeding generations.

An entity with the above properties is considered to be an organism. However, not every definition of life considers all of these properties to be essential. For example, the capacity for descent with modification is often taken as the only essential property of life. This definition notably includes viruses, which do not qualify under narrower definitions as they are acellular and do not metabolise. Broader definitions of life may also include theoretical non-carbon-based life and other alternative biology.

The Earth could be an Organism.  I am not saying its capable of thought or protecting it's self in the same way as described in the post first made by Chiakumu... But many idea's even that in Star Wars goes into the theory of a divine power that binds all LIVING things including planets together, like the Force / Mediclorants...

What does it metabolize? When has it reproduced?

By the way, Star Wars is a soft science fiction movie, not something that should be discussed seriously.

Dragon Ball Z, again all based on Energy KI...

That goes triple for Dragonball Z.

Budisium is a faith based on Energy, and they also say the Planet has its own spirt.

Even if that were true, the definition of life does not include a "spirit".

It's not a stupid debtae to have started... It's fairly interesting unlike your Fictious Nation of inderpently ruled presidential states Topic... TOSH !!!

Fuck you you fucking twat. Your criticisms of a fictional government that I created off the top of my head were retarded because half of it was unreadable junk and you kept assuming that I was talking about the United States. I knew it didn't belong in this forum because there was nothing about it to debate but you were so eager to jump on me because it wasn't a utopian government that you ignored everything else.

By the way, this forum isn't made just for you. if a particular thread bores you then you can kindly fuck off.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:28:10 PM by Jesus Hitler »

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck you you fucking twat.

*breaks out into hysterical laughs*

I think I finally realised but are you suggesting the planet heals itself? That's a stretch and a half.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Fuck you you fucking twat. Your criticisms of a fictional government that I created off the top of my head were retarded because half of it was unreadable junk and you kept assuming that I was talking about the United States. I knew it didn't belong in this forum because there was nothing about it to debate but you were so eager to jump on me because it wasn't a utopian government that you ignored everything else.

By the way, this forum isn't made just for you. if a particular thread bores you then you can kindly fuck off.

LOL... Your so Funny... Thats Full on Flamming right there...

Lava comes out of Volcano's and makes more land... Thats one example of how the Earth Creates more Earth.

By the way, Star Wars is a soft science fiction movie, not something that should be discussed seriously.

So is Final Fantasy... This whole debate is based on could fanatsy be reality in this area.

Nobody can say if a spirt or soul exsists... But try telling that to some one who thinks God is ever darn place.  God is a live isn't he, and he is a spirt ?

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

LOL... Your so Funny... Thats Full on Flamming right there...

You're the one who brought it up. If I am wrong, feel free to report me.

Lava comes out of Volcano's and makes more land... Thats one example of how the Earth Creates more Earth.

It doesn't create more Earth, just more land for land dwelling creatures to inhabit instead of sea dwelling ones. And if that was how it grew then why is there not a lot more land? If this Gaia only inhabits the land then wouldn't there be thousands of these organisms instead of one?

So is Final Fantasy... This whole debate is based on could fanatsy be reality in this area.

but you're bringing up concept from those movies aas if they were evidence for something.

Nobody can say if a spirt or soul exsists... But try telling that to some one who thinks God is ever darn place.  God is a live isn't he, and he is a spirt ?

I think you need to reread that definition of life that you posted a few minutes ago. It doesn't mention spirits anywhere. Spirits, by the way, are in some cultures able to inhabit rocks, rings, houses, and corpses. Are any of these things alive?

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
This thread's lolarious.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
but you're bringing up concept from those movies aas if they were evidence for something.

I am trying to say FF is not the only example of the Planet having a life force, I am backing up the first posts claim with more evidence that other WELL known more main stream works of fantasy are also based on the same theory or simular.

I think I finally realised but are you suggesting the planet heals itself? That's a stretch and a half.

You do know there was an Ice Age once, and then the world slowly healed its self...

You're the one who brought it up. If I am wrong, feel free to report me.

LOL... I found it pretty funny you reacted like that... It was Gono who I aimed at he started that rubbish in Intelligent debate from what looks like your online Chat... And the only reason I mentioned it is Gono is Spamming in a pretty good topic:-

Why are you laughing... History shows the world has recovered from an Ice Age and hits from commets... And after the next Ice age will do again...

It doesn't create more Earth, just more land for land dwelling creatures to inhabit instead of sea dwelling ones. And if that was how it grew then why is there not a lot more land? If this Gaia only inhabits the land then wouldn't there be thousands of these organisms instead of one?

May be the Earth is keeping an Equalibrium... May be thats why its now attacking us by Warming its self to rid the earth of us Humans, in a way healing its self... After all if the Human race was to be wipped out by Global Warming (Earth Warming) then the only creatures to be here will be Sea life and sea life doesn't destroy the planet like us...

(PLEASE NOTE I USED THE WORDS MAY BE) - its another view on things thats all... I know its bolloxs but we are talking about Ghia and energy force and flow in the planet... So I am speaking hyperthically if the world is alive could all these Natural disasters be an Attack from the Earth against us ?

report me.

I like you... in away... I find you funny, when ever I have an answer for everything you get angry and attack rather than stay intelligent, and then tell me to leave intelligent debate...

It doesn't create more Earth, just more land

How are planets made ?... are planets born ?... Whats at the very centre of a planet ? What is their purpose ?

What if the Lava is like our blood and the Land is just a Scab, and one day will all be gone, What if the planet is supposed to be a Sea planet and we are a istake, and soon the planet will right that...?

There are so many unanswered Questions... If God didn't make the planets or the Big Bang what did...?  Heck planets could be Eggs for a massive planet laying beasty in the middle of space for all we know, and it may just choose to lay the Eggs (Planets) near Stars / Suns to encubate them....

There are loads of What if's... So why not What if the planet is alive ?

Why are you being so narrow minded ?... We are talking about a Fantasy, try using your imagination a bit.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 06:34:49 PM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 88

Why are you laughing... History shows the world has recovered from an Ice Age and hits from commets... And after the next Ice age will do again...

*shudders*

I was laughing at the guy who called you a twat...

And thanks for correcting me, I always forget about things like Ice Ages.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I was laughing at the guy who called you a twat...

Glad to hear you was laughing at him rather than with him...

I don't think this debate is the most serious ever... But its FUN, to think about

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

I am trying to say FF is not the only example of the Planet having a life force, I am backing up the first posts claim with more evidence that other WELL known more main stream works of fantasy are also based on the same theory or simular.

Once again, you are bringing it up as if it was evidence for something. I know there are ficticious accounts of planet-sized organisms. Have you ever heard of Solaris?

You do know there was an Ice Age once, and then the world slowly healed its self...

The Ice Ages weren't disasters.

May be the Earth is keeping an Equalibrium... May be thats why its now attacking us by Warming its self to rid the earth of us Humans, in a way healing its self... After all if the Human race was to be wipped out by Global Warming (Earth Warming) then the only creatures to be here will be Sea life and sea life doesn't destroy the planet like us...

If the entire planet was a living organism then it wouldn't be concerned with what we do at all since it would be so huge and we so small. We couldn't even be a disease since we can't knock it out of its orbig or solidify its core or anything like that.

(PLEASE NOTE I USED THE WORDS MAY BE) - its another view on things thats all... I know its bolloxs but we are talking about Ghia and energy force and flow in the planet... So I am speaking hyperthically if the world is alive could all these Natural disasters be an Attack from the Earth against us ?

report me.

I like you... in away... I find you funny, when ever I have an answer for everything you get angry and attack rather than stay intelligent, and then tell me to leave intelligent debate...

No, I told you to stay out of threads that bore you instead of bitching about it.

How are planets made ?... are planets born ?...

Planets form out of dust cloud that surround tars when they first form. They are not born.

Whats at the very centre of a planet ?

Depends on the planet. The Earth's core is a solid ball of nickel and iron.

What is their purpose ?

Planets don't have a purpose.

What if the Lava is like our blood and the Land is just a Scab, and one day will all be gone, What if the planet is supposed to be a Sea planet and we are a istake, and soon the planet will right that...?

If you knew anything about geology then you would know how stupid saying "What if lava is like blood?" sound. Planets aren't supposed to be anything.

There are so many unanswered Questions... If God didn't make the planets or the Big Bang what did...?  Heck planets could be Eggs for a massive planet laying beasty in the middle of space for all we know, and it may just choose to lay the Eggs (Planets) near Stars / Suns to encubate them....

Holy shit.

There are loads of What if's... So why not What if the planet is alive ?

We aren't having a fun "What if?" game here, we are discussing the possibility of the planet being alive. That government thread that you loved bashing was a "What if?" thread, though.

Why are you being so narrow minded ?

You lose.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
You lose.

What... You say this isn't a game, yet I lose...?

Why does every thing have to be about winning loosing...?

I am trying to put across a point, or a frame of thought, I am not trying to better you, you may have noticed I posted in this topic well before you decided to, I had an opinion then and it hasn't changed.... And I find using my Imagination Fun... I am a creative person.

You turn every DEBATE into some thing negative... I try and use a debate to better my mind... I don't do it to upset people.

Once again, you are bringing it up as if it was evidence for something.

What's your point ?... Is that against the rules or some thing...? To mention some thing that also has simualr foundings and ethics as some thing else... Hows that wrong... All I am saying is other fantasy writters have drawn on the same lines as FF... GET OVER IT... The more people that think along the same lines the more plausable the idea... GET IT NOW, or shall we repeat all this again ?, just cuz it rubs you up the wrong way...

Right so the start of the next one will be a normal day then ?... Thanks God for that, I will buy a brolly for the next occasion as a hand me down for the next generation. 

It was a Disaster for the Dinosaurs... if not a Disaster what the Hell would you call it ?

(Its not like on the Weather forcast, tomorrow there will be the start of an Ice age... Wrap up warm...!!!! of course its a Disaster, a very big natural one, if I was to claim on my House INS, they would say its a natural Disaster and an act of God...)

If the entire planet was a living organism then it wouldn't be concerned with what we do at all since it would be so huge and we so small. We couldn't even be a disease since we can't knock it out of its orbig or solidify its core or anything like that.

Think of us as a rash, one thats getting slightly to irritating... If you had a rash that you could cover you would know doubt put up with it, but when it starts itching then you would flush it off your-self I would imagine... just cuz we aint killing it doesn't mean we are not adversly hurting it.

No, I told you to stay out of threads that bore you instead of bitching about it.

All I said in the other thread is "I Had a Weird Thought" sounded interesting from the title and the content was a let down as its all based on a thought in your head and no refference material for any of us to comment on what so ever, how can we debate on a fictious nation thats in your head if we get shot down when comapring it to a real life nation like your home country...LOL

How do you know that for sure... Have we ever dug that far ?... And if you compress a rock hard enough doesn't it create a Gem ?, the pressure at the centre of the Earth must be massive... Oh and what causes Iron or Nickel to have Lava surround by rock and earth on the outter edge ?... I dunno... it all sounds like your working off of science and speculation to me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core
The inner core is the deepest of the distinct layers of the earth. The inner core is composed primarily of a nickel-iron alloy combined with some unknown elements[1].

Unkown elements, could they be organic... I mean some thing had to have created the Magama ?

Planets form out of dust cloud that surround tars when they first form. They are not born.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/10/hubble_dusts/
Immanuel Kant was right: planets are formed from disks of dusty debris swirling around stars. NASA says images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope finally confirm Kant's prediction, made over 200 years ago.

So how was the first planet made or the first star...?  Or come to think of it the dust, and what gave the dust momentum in the first place ? (This is very chicken and the Egg for a Topic about Gaia)

So why did God Bother making them, he could have given us Space wings and Special Space lungs instead I guess... Every thing has a Purpose...

(By the way I don't follow the bible or God... I am just using him to aid my needs in this Topic, well it is a Fantasy based topic, and God is the BIGGEST mythilogical creature there is)

What if just like the Dust Planets get drawn together to form some thing even bigger...? Then they may have a Purpose... "If some thing is... then they are, thus they have a purpose to belong" They you go I just made a Hi-cue type thingy...

Saying a planet has no purpose is like saying a rock has no purpose, saying that could be interpreted you know very little on geology... And some rocks like the Lime Stone serve great needs... So to does our planet to us it servers every thing we need so there by has a purpose...

What if every living thing has a Purpose and we all have Gaia running through us and when we die it joins the Gaia stream of every planet or the universe its self... WHat if Gaia is what creates the ddust that creates the planets that spawn and maintain life... What if we are a single link in that chain, we live we reproduce we die and add to the Gaia flow... LIFE CREATES LIFE...

Holy shit.

I think I got a little Terry Pratchet for a mo... soz... Nice choice of words... I wonder if God does Holy Turds ? & farts out a stonking Choir...LOL

As you can see I over think things... No need to attack me for having a mind or over active imagination.

One more thing:-

What does Lolarious mean ?... I have checked the English Dictionary site with no result...
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/lolarious
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:04:34 PM by landofshadows »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
How do you know planets dont have a purpose? im very curious.

EDIT: Also... The dust came from somewhere. But who knows where exacty?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:08:26 PM by Darico »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
How do you know planets dont have a purpose? im very curious.

EDIT: Also... The dust came from somewhere. But who knows where exacty?

(just upped your REP from a -1 to a 0) Nicely made points, it will be interesting to see how Jesus Hitler attacks you...LOL

My guess on the dust would be a planet that exploaded, by some means... But the very first paricles of dust, I have no idea... Nobody can say for sure what started the universe or the matter contained within it... If I had to guess I would say too much anti matter becomes a pressure like none other and that in turn created matter... Sounds slightly MENTAL, but so does the theory God made every thing, and he made the world and the stars before he made light, so effectivly he made the Earth in the Dark, thats some crazy works of Geniuss, either that or he can see i the Dark... (again I am now thinking to much)...

All I needs say is any thing is possible when it comes to energy based life, I mean we can't see GOD, we can't see most forms of energy, so if Gaia does exsist in some form (Like a Sprit, Soul, Life force, Gaia, Mana, Medicloriants etc... we wouldn't know about it) - So if we can't disprove a theory then its an open debate on plausability... Thus, why I am.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:33:36 PM by landofshadows »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
O.o; stop using long words... lol.

(just upped your REP from a -1 to a 0)
I wonder who put me to -1 anyway... *Stares at jesus hitler*

All I think I needs say is any thing is possible when it comes to energy based life, I mean we can't see GOD, we can't see most forms of energy, so if Gaia does exsist in some form (Like a Sprit, Soul, Life force, Gaia, Mana, Medicloriants etc... we wouldn't know about it) - So if we can't disprove a theory then its an open debate on plausability... Thus, why I am.
Agreed. Absolutly anything is possible. Who knows what tomorrow may bring? Wake up to find bright green stuff pouring out of the planet? Somehow doubtful. Some people can say they have spoken with the planet and stuff like that, and sure we can call them looneys and what-not. But who really knows? As far as I am concerned, if you can't prove something doesn't exsist, maybe it does exsist. Or maybe I am talking nonsence. How can prove something doesn't exsist?

I guess what I am trying to say is that you shouldn't dismiss something just because you don't believe in it or think it possible. Maybe, sub-consciously, we are all scared of the fact that something like the planets have a greater purpose then to just habour life.

Regards,
Darico

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I can see what your all saying, but I agree with Darico. Just because you don't believe in someting doesn't mean its not there. Just because you don't wont something to happen doesn't mean it won't happen. Darico's right.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
*Claps nods and agree's* - with Darico and nevfx (thats my point exactly)

So Gaia (or simular) could or couldn't exsist... it can't be proven either way so there fore it remains open as a plausable force.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Thanls LoS. I read this topic and thought, "I have to get my point across", thanks for your support.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
So, do you think we are just tools in a bigger, greater "plan"?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Sounds good, I think I will.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Probably not.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I have now read the link... its some pretty amazing stuff... VERY interesting... you could almost found a religion on some of that stuff...  I had no idea the idea evolved so early on...  Its a better theory than most, espically those envoling religion and higher powers...

If I was to base a faith on some thing it would be based loosly around that concept...

Many thanks for the link...

And again until disproven completely I wont rule it out as truth.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
It isn't even a theory, and it's barely recognized as a science at all. That seems like a poorly constructed argument there and actually quite pathetic, Laura.

Haven't you learned that constructing arguments based of poorly researched data is about as valid as saying left = right?
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
left = right?

If you go left long enough you will end up in the same places as if you went right, just takes a little longer.

Gaia is more acceptable to me than the thought of a higher power like a GOD or almighty enterty, and I have not ruled out that there is some sort of God, so Gaia falls in to the realm of holding some weight.  I am not saying its as solid as the keyboard I am using right now, its some thing that will sit at the back of my mind and I will ponder about every now and then, in my "What if" like senario's I like so much.

Also I think I would like to think the Earth is self aware to a degree, its an amazing planet that I have a great respect for.  Native American Indians and other religions, cults, sects etc, have worshipped the Earth and its spirt for years, who's to say what they worshipping all this time hasn't been Gaia or a form of.

I think we know very little about our planet and it will be unfair either way to say one thing is fact over the other.

What you have in this debate is:-

Is the Earth a Large Rock in Space with a Solid Core with all the elements to sustain human life and thats it.

Or

Is the Earth a collective organisium with a Gaia stream consently keeping an equalibrium of life.

My Choice is not to rule out the replacement of Or with an And:-

The Earth a Large Rock with a mass of collective organisiums in Space with a Solid Core and a Gaia stream consently keeping an equalibrium of life along with all the elements to sustain human life.

Why not... It's a nice thought. (May not be correct, by neither is the Bible, some would say)

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I am trying to put across a point, or a frame of thought, I am not trying to better you, you may have noticed I posted in this topic well before you decided to, I had an opinion then and it hasn't changed.... And I find using my Imagination Fun... I am a creative person.

When you are being creative you must turn off the part of your brain that says "hey, this isn't possible!" because all of your creative output (on this forum) is fucking goofy and full of impossibilities.

Once again, you are bringing it up as if it was evidence for something.

What's your point ?... Is that against the rules or some thing...? To mention some thing that also has simualr foundings and ethics as some thing else... Hows that wrong... All I am saying is other fantasy writters have drawn on the same lines as FF... GET OVER IT...

And once again, it has nothing to do with whether or not the idea of a globe-spanning organism is possible.

The more people that think along the same lines the more plausable the idea...

1) WRONG
2) Just because someone writes about it in a fucking story does not mean that they believe in it.

Right so the start of the next one will be a normal day then ?... Thanks God for that, I will buy a brolly for the next occasion as a hand me down for the next generation.

The ice ages were climatic changes that occurred slowly enough for creatures to adapt to the new environment. They were as disastrous as the breakup of Pangaea.

It was a Disaster for the Dinosaurs... if not a Disaster what the Hell would you call it ?

The dinosaurs weren't killed by an ice age you retard.

(Its not like on the Weather forcast, tomorrow there will be the start of an Ice age... Wrap up warm...!!!! of course its a Disaster, a very big natural one, if I was to claim on my House INS, they would say its a natural Disaster and an act of God...)

Do you even know what an ice age is?

Think of us as a rash, one thats getting slightly to irritating... If you had a rash that you could cover you would know doubt put up with it, but when it starts itching then you would flush it off your-self I would imagine... just cuz we aint killing it doesn't mean we are not adversly hurting it.

How are we affecting a giant molten ball of silicon and metal with some hardened bits on the outside?

All I said in the other thread is "I Had a Weird Thought" sounded interesting from the title and the content was a let down as its all based on a thought in your head and no refference material for any of us to comment on what so ever, how can we debate on a fictious nation thats in your head if we get shot down when comapring it to a real life nation like your home country...LOL

There was nothing to debate, you moron. How many times have I said it? What was posted was only part of a discussion about a fictional government which I hoped to use to further develop the idea. You didn't complain about the lack of information, you complained because the government wasn't perfect and then compared it to nations which are organized in a completely different way.

Also, I think it's funny how you couldn't understand the nation without using real life comparisons. I thought you were creative?

How do you know that for sure... Have we ever dug that far ?... And if you compress a rock hard enough doesn't it create a Gem ?, the pressure at the centre of the Earth must be massive... Oh and what causes Iron or Nickel to have Lava surround by rock and earth on the outter edge ?... I dunno... it all sounds like your working off of science and speculation to me...

No we haven't dug that far but we have these things called scientific instruments that allow us to detect things that would not otherwise be known to us.

Compressing "a rock" does not create a gem, it has to be a certain kind of element or mineral. A diamond, for example, is highly compressed carbon.

What causes iron and nickel to be surrounded by rock? Well, you know, iron and nickel is heavier than the common elements in our crust, such as silicon, and so they sink to the bottom and become solid at the core because of the enormous pressure. Further out the pressure is not as enormous and so the matter at that level remains liquid. Further out lighter elements such as silicon become more common, and eventually you come to the surface where the pressure and temperature is extremely low and where things solidify, creating a crust.

It all sounds like I am working off of science, eh? Well I am. You are working off of soft science fiction and speculation. Who is more likely to be right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core
The inner core is the deepest of the distinct layers of the earth. The inner core is composed primarily of a nickel-iron alloy combined with some unknown elements[1].

Unkown elements, could they be organic... I mean some thing had to have created the Magama ?

Perhaps you should have read the references of that. According to this site:

We conclude on the basis of these comparisons that the inner core contains a substantial fraction of elements lighter than iron.

That means that the iron-nickel core has more impurities than previously thought, not that there is some mysterious element in there. The temperature down there, by the way, is thousands of degrees.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/10/hubble_dusts/
Immanuel Kant was right: planets are formed from disks of dusty debris swirling around stars. NASA says images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope finally confirm Kant's prediction, made over 200 years ago.

So how was the first planet made or the first star...?  Or come to think of it the dust, and what gave the dust momentum in the first place ? (This is very chicken and the Egg for a Topic about Gaia)

That isn't a chicken or egg question, and the origin of the universe has is not pertinent in a topic about a hypothesized globe-spanning organism unless you believe that a divine being created everything the way it is, in which case the argument would end right there.

So why did God Bother making them, he could have given us Space wings and Special Space lungs instead I guess... Every thing has a Purpose...

Planets don't have a purpose. They are the result of physical laws that are also without purpose. They just are.

What if just like the Dust Planets get drawn together to form some thing even bigger...? Then they may have a Purpose... "If some thing is... then they are, thus they have a purpose to belong" They you go I just made a Hi-cue type thingy...

No you didn't. It is nonsensical babble. Dust planets don't form into anything but planets, unless you mean a brown dwarf.

Saying a planet has no purpose is like saying a rock has no purpose, saying that could be interpreted you know very little on geology... And some rocks like the Lime Stone serve great needs... So to does our planet to us it servers every thing we need so there by has a purpose...

A planet has no inherent purpose like a knife or a spoon does. Your comment about geology shows, well, how ignorant you are about the subject.

What if every living thing has a Purpose and we all have Gaia running through us and when we die it joins the Gaia stream of every planet or the universe its self... WHat if Gaia is what creates the ddust that creates the planets that spawn and maintain life... What if we are a single link in that chain, we live we reproduce we die and add to the Gaia flow... LIFE CREATES LIFE...

You like to ask a bunch of unanswerable what if questions? What if my cat was actually two cats that switched places with each other, and every time I let one out the other would come in later? What if Napoleon like Italian food? What if you left your kitchen light on last night?

What does Lolarious mean ?... I have checked the English Dictionary site with no result...
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/lolarious

:V
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:14:06 AM by Jesus Hitler »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
left = right?

If you go left long enough you will end up in the same places as if you went right, just takes a little longer.

Gaia is more acceptable to me than the thought of a higher power like a GOD or almighty enterty, and I have not ruled out that there is some sort of God, so Gaia falls in to the realm of holding some weight.  I am not saying its as solid as the keyboard I am using right now, its some thing that will sit at the back of my mind and I will ponder about every now and then, in my "What if" like senario's I like so much.

Also I think I would like to think the Earth is self aware to a degree, its an amazing planet that I have a great respect for.  Native American Indians and other religions, cults, sects etc, have worshipped the Earth and its spirt for years, who's to say what they worshipping all this time hasn't been Gaia or a form of.

I think we know very little about our planet and it will be unfair either way to say one thing is fact over the other.

What you have in this debate is:-

Is the Earth a Large Rock in Space with a Solid Core with all the elements to sustain human life and thats it.

Or

Is the Earth a collective organisium with a Gaia stream consently keeping an equalibrium of life.

My Choice is not to rule out the replacement of Or with an And:-

The Earth a Large Rock with a mass of collective organisiums in Space with a Solid Core and a Gaia stream consently keeping an equalibrium of life along with all the elements to sustain human life.

Why not... It's a nice thought. (May not be correct, by neither is the Bible, some would say)

I agree with you. I do believe in God, but, to be honest, Gaia seems more...erm...real?

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Going back to an earlier reply, Humans can be considered as more then a rash on the Earth. We are destroying the Ozone layer, heating up the planet and using up all the natural resources. All of these things are leading to the death of living organisms. I very much doubt the planet, if there is a Gaia, would want be a dead planet as such. Saying that, I doubt some great big 'gaia-created' monsters are going to come from the ground and stop us either.

Regards,
Darico

PS. Jesus Hitler, stay the hell out of the Intelligent Debate forum if you have nothing intelligent to say. And no, the words 'Retard' and 'fuck' arn't intelligent. Also, you shouldn't just out-right disagree with someone without giving a reason.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Going back to an earlier reply, Humans can be considered as more then a rash on the Earth. We are destroying the Ozone layer, heating up the planet and using up all the natural resources. All of these things are leading to the death of living organisms. I very much doubt the planet, if there is a Gaia, would want be a dead planet as such. Saying that, I doubt some great big 'gaia-created' monsters are going to come from the ground and stop us either.

Regards,
Darico

PS. Jesus Hitler, stay the hell out of the Intelligent Debate forum if you have nothing intelligent to say. And no, the words 'Retard' and 'fuck' arn't intelligent. Also, you shouldn't just out-right disagree with someone without giving a reason.

I agree with that. Not neccesarily the P.S(lol) but the first paragraph.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

My posts are more intelligent than yours.

PS kill yourself

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
No there not. You just quote people and tell them to fuck off.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, you never actually add anything to any thread.

Rep:
Level 88

My posts are more intelligent than yours.

PS kill yourself

*bursts into hysterical laughter*

He did say this was all speculation did he not? So shruging it off as fake is somewhat out of place... considering LoS said it probably is, like he said God.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Do you geniuses ever read anything I write or do you skim it until you come to an insult? You are the ones who add nothing to a thread because all you do is post horse shit and jerk each other off with agreements. You are offended because I crash your fuck fest with the truth, not because I curse.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
You don't offend me, I just ignore you. Your insults aren't hard to find, as there everywhere.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
You don't offend me, I just ignore you. Your insults aren't hard to find, as there everywhere.

WHy di you ignore me if you aren't offended?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I ignore you because you completley dismiss other peoples ideas without saying why. You don't offend me personnaly.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Maybe he just thinks of you as a
retard
. Afterall, why shouldn't he?

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I ignore you because you completley dismiss other peoples ideas without saying why. You don't offend me personnaly.

If you would read my posts instead of scrolling past them looking for posts that say "I agree!" you would see that I don't dismiss them without saying why.

Maybe he just thinks of you as a
retard
. Afterall, why shouldn't he?

:D

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
That means that the iron-nickel core has more impurities than previously thought, not that there is some mysterious element in there. The temperature down there, by the way, is thousands of degrees.

Iron melts at approx 1535... SO if the centre of the Earth is that hot then how comes the centre is solid ?

I can question Science for as long as you can post FACTS when you admitted your self we have not been down that far, its all speculation based on common laws, but who's to say common laws should apply.

And if you are using Common Law then why isn't the centre of the Earth a Giant Gem, I mean a crystal or Gem is more likely to withstand those temperatures.

Just for the reason of me questioning Scinece and whats documented as Fact does not make me a Retard.

When you are being creative you must turn off the part of your brain that says "hey, this isn't possible!" because all of your creative output (on this forum) is fucking goofy and full of impossibilities.

Your following whats written again to be FACT and swallowing it... All I am doing is giving What if's... Yes those Facts you read are more plausable and founded/grounded than my Cloudy little dreams, but who's to know for sure about the planet.

This is how I look at it, every thing that comes out of the ground / Earth has some propities of life, Life creates life, so is the planet alive ?

You say a Rock cannot live... Well done.  You could be right, but how borring is that.

And once again, it has nothing to do with whether or not the idea of a globe-spanning organism is possible.

I am actually saying why stop at the Globe... why not consider Gaia is in every thing, the whole Universe.  A Divine Energy stream that binds every thing together.

Just because someone writes about it in a fucking story does not mean that they believe in it.

No... But its still a thought many have had... I have always had a niggle in my mind saying there is a reason for living and dieing, and my gut tells me there is no one God... I think every body has the same niggle that there is more than we can actually see and touch to this world.  And what if just one of those things is Gaia.

The ice ages were climatic changes that occurred slowly enough for creatures to adapt to the new environment.

What does Massive Climate change bring with it ?... A whole heap of natural disaters, fair enough the Ice age may not be classed as a Natural Disaster in terms written in doctrin, but to us, as a Human Race its going to see the end of many of our days.  Try watching the day after tomorrow, much of that film is based loosely on Climate change and the effects a few degree's could make to the golf stream.

Debate-able... Some say it was a commet...  Some say their own Farts killed them:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/855813.stm
Climate change is also some thing thats being debated:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dino_prog_summary.shtml

So who's to know, again your basing what is written on speculation... Nobody was about at that time, nobody knows for sure... Dinosaurs are Cold blooded, just like other reptiles they need heat to live, and to keep body sizes of their size warm mass heat would be needed, just 10degree's less than normal (for a prolonged period of time) could have killed them off.

Also, I think it's funny how you couldn't understand the nation without using real life comparisons. I thought you were creative?

I think I did make up a race of I Octi-Ped people, and based your idea on that and said Yes inderpendant leaders are needed...LOL

Thats a Loinanqualtrual site and can't be trusted... (See I can make up stupid words that mean bugger all in favour of my arguement)... To be honest I don't do Equations based on common physics to predict what the Earth is made out of on a daily basis, so to read it and try to understand it and then treat it as gospel would be wrong, and to take their word as correct based on speculation would also be wrong.

It all sounds like I am working off of science, eh? Well I am. You are working off of soft science fiction and speculation. Who is more likely to be right?

The Human Brain has not been fully explored, may be we are preprogrammed to know there is more to life than we can see or touch, hence why we endure life rather than walk around think there is no point.  So I would go with the power of the Human mind over scince any day.

Planets don't have a purpose. They are the result of physical laws that are also without purpose. They just are.

Oh... really... thats your opinion, there-fore it is... I don't care if thats common laws of the universe or what ever else your going to throw at us... The Planet Serves a need there fore it has a purpose, may be not to the great grand scheeme of things if we blink into nothingness, but if we go on as an energy force who is to say the planets and the cosmos is pointless.

Your comment about geology shows, well, how ignorant you are about the subject.

Merh...My dogs bigger than yours and my Dad's harder... Blah... Whatever... If your saying add great pressure to a rock and you get a Gem, but for some reason allpy the same to the Earth and you get solid Iron, I don't see how I am being at all Ignorant for contradicting the phyisics behind that equation.

You like to ask a bunch of unanswerable what if questions? What if my cat was actually two cats that switched places with each other, and every time I let one out the other would come in later? What if Napoleon like Italian food? What if you left your kitchen light on last night?

At least my What if's are Topic matter... And can you prove them otherwise, no, thats why your being so narrow minded about the whole thing and trying to give me a scinece lesson... Scince is always being disproven and re-written... One day, when we drill to the centre of the Earth and no for sure whats there then and only then will I know for sure whats at the centre... I am not going to take some ones word for it, thats just being a plain Lemming.

Challenge Every thing... Thats what the PS2 and Sony taught me... LOL

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:09:26 AM by landofshadows »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
ataraxy2 - One + REP point for you...LOL

Jesus Hitler... I can see your point of view on the whole thing and many of the arguements you rasied have more backing than my half baked ones... Your more right than me... But at the same time to close your mind to any thing other than documented ideas is in its self Ignorant.

Igrnorant is being Narrow minded.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Anywhom...

Maybe we should look into the whole 'Ice-age' thing a bit further. As the planet warms up, the ice caps melt. This rising water will put many cities underwater. Places like London, New York and other places next to water, be it the sea or a river, will be flooded on a mass scale. Almost 60% of life of the planet will die. Even aqautic creatures because of the rise in temperature. Then what happens? Well, the gulf stream needs salt in it to 'work' as such. Such a high level of non-salty water being released into the oceans will disrupt the water-salt balance and the gulf stream will stop.

This would result in the east of america and the whole of England and also many parts of Europe having a sharp temperature drop. The temperatures will continue to drop rapidly and the planet falls into a ice-age world wide. The heat will take many centuries to melt the ice and 'restore' the balance. Many people think this is a way of the planet healing its self. It is speculated that after a ice-age that the planet will be 'clean'. Meaning that things like the Ozone layer would be repaired, and CO2 would be back to it's natural levels. Gaia at work? Who knows. This would happen with or without human involvment in the form of CO2, but we manage to greatly speed it up. Many scientists have proven that ice-ages happen every so often in an almost exact difference in years between one ice-age and the next. We are already late for our next one.

Regards,
Darico

Rep:
Level 88
You beat me to it Darico. I was about to mention that and there isn't anything Jesus Hitler can really argue against it as scientists agree - and him refusing to ever ponder if they are wrong will instantly take it as fact.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Maybe if you retards did anything but skim my posts you would know that I wasn't talking about a hypothetical result of global warming, but the ice ages in the past which were the result of natural changes in the climate.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Maybe if you retards did anything but skim my posts you would know that I wasn't talking about a hypothetical result of global warming, but the ice ages in the past which were the result of natural changes in the climate.

What relevance does this have? I have already explained abut Ice-ages not 4 posts ago.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

What relevance does this have? I have already explained abut Ice-ages not 4 posts ago.

LoS insists that the previous ice ages were disasters when they were obviously not and I felt I had to make a distinction between those and one that might happen because of global warming.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
So when the next one hits and loads of people die you wont cosider it a disaster...

And I think I explained myself some what...

What does Massive Climate change bring with it ?... A whole heap of natural disaters, fair enough the Ice age may not be classed as a Natural Disaster in terms written in doctrin, but to us, as a Human Race its going to see the end of many of our days.  Try watching the day after tomorrow, much of that film is based loosely on Climate change and the effects a few degree's could make to the golf stream.

I hate quoting my-self...

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

Iron melts at approx 1535... SO if the centre of the Earth is that hot then how comes the centre is solid ?

As I said before, the pressure keeps it solid.

I can question Science for as long as you can post FACTS when you admitted your self we have not been down that far, its all speculation based on common laws, but who's to say common laws should apply.

What is a common law?

And if you are using Common Law then why isn't the centre of the Earth a Giant Gem, I mean a crystal or Gem is more likely to withstand those temperatures.

Because iron and nickel don't form gems when they are compressed.

Just for the reason of me questioning Scinece and whats documented as Fact does not make me a Retard.

But your questions are stupid and the answers are obvious to anyone who is really looking for an answer instead of just being stupid.

Your following whats written again to be FACT and swallowing it... All I am doing is giving What if's... Yes those Facts you read are more plausable and founded/grounded than my Cloudy little dreams, but who's to know for sure about the planet.

Physicists, astronomers, geologists, biologists.

This is how I look at it, every thing that comes out of the ground / Earth has some propities of life, Life creates life, so is the planet alive ?

You say a Rock cannot live... Well done.  You could be right, but how borring is that.

So we should create a dream world because the real one is boring/

I am actually saying why stop at the Globe... why not consider Gaia is in every thing, the whole Universe.  A Divine Energy stream that binds every thing together.

What is a "divine energy stream" and what evidence is there for one?

Just because someone writes about it in a fucking story does not mean that they believe in it.

No... But its still a thought many have had... I have always had a niggle in my mind saying there is a reason for living and dieing, and my gut tells me there is no one God... I think every body has the same niggle that there is more than we can actually see and touch to this world.  And what if just one of those things is Gaia.

Your gut feelings must be the worst in the world.

The ice ages were climatic changes that occurred slowly enough for creatures to adapt to the new environment.

What does Massive Climate change bring with it ?... A whole heap of natural disaters, fair enough the Ice age may not be classed as a Natural Disaster in terms written in doctrin, but to us, as a Human Race its going to see the end of many of our days.  Try watching the day after tomorrow, much of that film is based loosely on Climate change and the effects a few degree's could make to the golf stream.

The Intuitor shows how bogus that movie was, and like I said before the ice ages of the past were natural, slow, and were in no was disastrous.

Debate-able... Some say it was a commet...  Some say their own Farts killed them:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/855813.stm
Climate change is also some thing thats being debated:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dino_prog_summary.shtml

That does not mention an ice age, only "climate change", which could mean anything.

So who's to know, again your basing what is written on speculation... Nobody was about at that time, nobody knows for sure... Dinosaurs are Cold blooded, just like other reptiles they need heat to live, and to keep body sizes of their size warm mass heat would be needed, just 10degree's less than normal (for a prolonged period of time) could have killed them off.

Just because nobody is 100% sure does not mean that they can't be fairly certain. Also, some dinosaurs were warm-blooded.

I think I did make up a race of I Octi-Ped people, and based your idea on that and said Yes inderpendant leaders are needed...LOL

Did you just press random keys?

Thats a Loinanqualtrual site and can't be trusted... (See I can make up stupid words that mean bugger all in favour of my arguement)...

I use real words and I use them properly, you cunt. Use a dictionary if you don't know a word.

To be honest I don't do Equations based on common physics to predict what the Earth is made out of on a daily basis, so to read it and try to understand it and then treat it as gospel would be wrong, and to take their word as correct based on speculation would also be wrong.

I got that site from the Wikipedia page you linked to, so don't dismiss a site that you yourself indirectly referenced just because the information is inconvenient.

The Human Brain has not been fully explored, may be we are preprogrammed to know there is more to life than we can see or touch, hence why we endure life rather than walk around think there is no point.  So I would go with the power of the Human mind over scince any day.

Even if the human brain was programmed to believe there was life anywhere it would not affect the truth of the matter.

Oh... really... thats your opinion, there-fore it is... I don't care if thats common laws of the universe or what ever else your going to throw at us... The Planet Serves a need there fore it has a purpose, may be not to the great grand scheeme of things if we blink into nothingness, but if we go on as an energy force who is to say the planets and the cosmos is pointless.

A knife has an inherent purpose. It cuts. A planet does not have an inherent purpose. It just exists.

Your comment about geology shows, well, how ignorant you are about the subject.

Merh...My dogs bigger than yours and my Dad's harder... Blah... Whatever... If your saying add great pressure to a rock and you get a Gem, but for some reason allpy the same to the Earth and you get solid Iron, I don't see how I am being at all Ignorant for contradicting the phyisics behind that equation.

Gems are not made of iron or nickel.

At least my What if's are Topic matter... And can you prove them otherwise, no, thats why your being so narrow minded about the whole thing and trying to give me a scinece lesson... Scince is always being disproven and re-written... One day, when we drill to the centre of the Earth and no for sure whats there then and only then will I know for sure whats at the centre... I am not going to take some ones word for it, thats just being a plain Lemming.

If you think that you can't depend on science then why are you posting in a scientific discussion?

So when the next one hits and loads of people die you wont cosider it a disaster...

And I think I explained myself some what...

I hate quoting my-self...

As I said before, there is a difference between ice ages that occurred in the past, which were so slow that animals were able to adapt to the new climate, and one caused by humanity which would be sudden and throw ecosystems out of whack.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:36:41 PM by Jesus Hitler »

Rep:
Level 88
A knife has an inherent purpose. It cuts. A planet does not have an inherent purpose. It just exists.

You would have to be God to say that though. I think this thread is getting kind of ridiculous now it's strayed...

Rep:
Level 88
Hey, Jesus, I want you to bring conclusive proof that the centre of the earth, is solid. We also have no conclusive proof, that the earth's centre is made of Iron and Nickel, we do know however, that the mantle, is. Physicisists, possibly. Astronomers?

JH, Astronomers look at the sky. Not the ground. Biologists do not study the earth, only the biomes that exist as part of the earth. Namely, on the surface.

As for a divine energy stream...what exactly is life? That's the question you have to think about, everyone has their own views. LoS points out an interesting point, and I think is more plausible than any other debate about what life is and where it comes from.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Actually the center of the earth is solid. Its cause its actually so hot its gone past 'Liquid' forms and seems to have condensed again. There is plenty of prove of this out there, I had to personally cover this in a pyshics lesson a few years ago.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: Ravenshade
JH, Astronomers look at the sky. Not the ground.
Damn, I'm not sure whether or not I should rep you for giving me lols or derep you for saying something utterly stupid. Really, think about it, why WOULDN'T astronomers be interested in earth's core? Since they do study planets and all, and earth is kind of conveniently close for study and observation. So yeah, -1 rep for you.

Darico, did you even read JH's posts? Oh, right, probably not since he obviously isn't intelligent enough to point out that the core is solid due to pressure, not an insane level of heat.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 05:15:20 PM by gonorrhoea »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
They don't just study planets, but stars and moons. They don't soley study planets. This means they wouldn't study the core of the Earth.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Jesus Hitler
I use real words and I use them properly, you cunt. Use a dictionary if you don't know a word.

I hate the word you just used, more than any other in the world, for good reason.

You may see this a bonus but I am no longer going to read your posts.

____________________Back to Topic________________

Actually the center of the earth is solid. Its cause its actually so hot its gone past 'Liquid' forms and seems to have condensed again. There is plenty of prove of this out there, I had to personally cover this in a pyshics lesson a few years ago.

Once some thing goes past a Liquid it becomes a Gas, I dunno if Iron would turn into a Gas ?... Imagine breathing some of that in, JEZZUS...

Gaia, Life force, energy flow... Could the Earth be an Ogranisum... Its hard to say for sure we don't have the facts, not hard solid Cast Iron Soild Proof like that Alledgedly at the centre of the Earth... LOL

So until the theory has been disproven I don't think it can be written off, so it remains possiable.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
They don't just study planets, but stars and moons. They don't soley study planets. This means they wouldn't study the core of the Earth.
Right, I didn't say 'btw astronomers study planets and nothing else', but I fail to see your point 'This means they wouldn't study the core of the Earth.' Also, JH was trying to establish that it would take scientists from various fields to make any conclusions. But then again you guys don't really care about science or proof of any sort.

LoS- 'You may see this a bonus but I am no longer going to read your posts.'
I read this as 'btw I can't refute your points so I'm just going to say I'm not reading your posts anymore because you're a JERKFACE.'

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
To be fair, Jesus Hilter really is a jerkface.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
You may see this a bonus but I am no longer going to read your posts.

So what you're saying is that everything I say is right and you won't try to refute me anymore? I'll still be responding to your posts, by the way.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
That means he wont answer your question.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
That means that I win the debate. In fact, I have won every debate I ever engaged in with him.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Is that cause you make him ignore your posts all the time?

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, you don't seem plesant or inviting enougth to be listened to. *Waits for the flamming to begin*

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, you don't seem plesant or inviting enougth to be listened to. *Waits for the flamming to begin*

But besides the flames, when have I said anything that was wrong? I contribute to the debate by wiping away idiocy, unlike you and others who add to it.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why can't you, you know, not be condescending twat? You don't have to be so rude.

If you don't agree with somebody's certain view, you don't have to be so insulting.

You even outright admit you're flaming, and you can expect another and longer ban if you don't quit it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:38:05 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Was that aimed at JH or someone else?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I think Silver just got angry.

I think it was aimed at JH by the way. He is a twat, after all.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
JH is all right sometimes, but he seems to be testing his limits as of late.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That or he just doesn't give a shit.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
I dont like to think negitivly about people, so i wouldnt go that far. However if he cut out the insults I feel this place would be a step towards one whole community instead of divided groups of people. I mean, at the moment its a case of pick a side and stick with it. But, i'm not up for picking sides...

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
That or he just doesn't give a shit.

For once, I agree with you.

I dont like to think negitivly about people, so i wouldnt go that far. However if he cut out the insults I feel this place would be a step towards one whole community instead of divided groups of people. I mean, at the moment its a case of pick a side and stick with it. But, i'm not up for picking sides...
If I had to, I would pick a side.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:44:38 PM by nevfx »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Well, I'm  really the kinda guy who will remain neutral unless something... evil? happens on one of the sides or more. Then I sorta join the side it was aimed at and counter balance it. Then go back to being neutral... :P

But, really, back on topic...

The center of the earth is solid from the imense heat and pressure. You wouldn't be able to see even a spot for the fattest man if he was subjected to this kinda pressure.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
So far JH has called me a Retard and a twat and a few other things, sent me hate mail like a Black Gut being hung by the KKK... and now this... I hate the Word more than any other.

People that use it in my eye's in an offencive way are SCUM...

Don't mind a stand up comic using it or if its used as common slang...

But if its aimed at me or a mate in town in the same way JH just used it, there is usually a mass brawl...

__________(just to clear a few things up)____________

Common Law = Common Law of Physics
Loinanqualtrual & the word Gono uses loads Lolarious are both made up words http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/lolarious

_________Am I a CUNT_____________

I guess this threads been moved as the word JH used brought it down a peg and like any other thread he posts in he never adds to a debate he only subtracts from it.  If we all kept refering to scinece and written facts then there would be very little to debate on this topic.  We could have all done simular to JH.  I learnt at school when I was 12 the centre of the Earth was Metal, but I asked the same questions I asked while on here "What we dug that far then "the teacher said "no, but Scientists know that its is Metal..."  Just cuz I don't want to base my thoughts and way of thiking on other peoples conclutions does not make me a CUNT.

I have already said in this thread these are just idea's, not that I am saying they are FACTS, I know the facts, they have been forced into my head when I was a Kid... Know could that be a form of brain washing, yes it could, if school taught you the planet was flat back in the 14 hundreds you would have thaught it as Fact... things get disproven all the time.  Scinetists are no more than modren day philospers in most cases.

I shouldn't have to justify myself as to why I posted what I have, I have said as this is mainly geared around fantasy then we may aswell fanatsize, and raise a few what iff's...

And the What iff's are interesting...

For example I could have answered, No the Earth is a big lump of Rock in space and then put loads of links showing thats all it is based on the common laws of Pyhisics.

But instead I ran with the idea, and based idea's on the debate to stregthen it to give it more meaning.

If any one is a CUNT, I would say its those who don't keep an open mind and contribute rather then slagg some one off for being free thinking.  After all Freedom of thaught comes before a freedom of speach.

_______Could there be such a thing as Gaia ?______

Type that or simular into Google "Earth Alive" you get many links showing argueements for and against:-

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/app/Gaia.htm
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1511/is_10_20/ai_55926980
http://web.mac.com/catucker/iWeb/artifacts/Books/F2685864-FA4C-4C62-B308-9B8AEB117356.html
http://www.adishakti.org/our_conscious_earth.htm

Another stong backer of the Earth having its own Energy flow is the Wiccan faith.  Some Wiccans hold the Goddess to be pre-eminent, since she contains and conceives all (Gaea or Mother Earth is one of her more commonly revered aspects)... Mother Earth or Gaea is also kown as Gaia:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_%28mythology%29

The Term Mother Earth suggests the World is alive and refered to and looked at as a higher power:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Nature

Now the above is backing up the argueemnet with written scripture and views and inner feelings of human life.  Not Science...

Scinece tends to shred Faiths and religions and forces numbers and equations into peoples heads... Without faith we would have no rules or measures for Good and Bad, we wouldn't have made it as a race.

What I am saying in short is if some faiths and fictional writers have looked at this in away they thought remotely possible then who's to say it does not exsist... I mean whats the Cemical equation for Fire ?... Fire exsists, yet we can't stick it under a microscope and see what it is made from... Scince would say its a Chemical reaction rather than a Chemical it's self.  Yet its has to have structure, we can see it, and even if it is a Gas a Gas is only Molecules moving faster than those of a soild... so what does soild Fire look like ?... (There is no such thing as Soild Fire... But what if we placed fire under the same constrictions as that of the Iron at the centre of the Earth, would it then become a soild...?) You can say the same with light, its an energy source we can convert it into power, so what is light, UV... Well yeah, but what is its chemical structure...?  If ever thing has to be made out of atoms and moleclues then Fire, Light, Elecricity... etc all should follow the same rules as other elements like Water and Air... yet they don't... We all know Water is H2O... parts hydrogen and oxygen... there are many things that are puree speculation even when it comes to the simplest of elements so why should we just take for gospel whats on offer as commonly know facts proven by scince ?

All I am saying is Gaia could be another energy like pattern we can't see or put a chemical equation to, it could be like Micro waves or some thing... But as we can't harness it or use it to our needs we are just ignorant to it being there.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:54:26 AM by landofshadows »

Rep:
Level 88
An excellent stand point there and I agree, with the way you put it across, your disagreement with JH is also well founded in my opinion.

I did like the way you have found out about the wiccan religion however and its relationship to this topic, that was amusing.

So Gaia could be another energy pattern, like light, or fire? Microwaves? That's an interesting way of viewing it. Energy is commonly viewed as electricity, well, high concentrations of energy, perhaps if we looked at in the right view, perhaps electricity could be this life, this Gaia.

It is held in the planet, stored in minerals, and when we use these minerals, we find that we can generate this electricity to empower our lives. Also, electricity, runs through our brains. That at least is common knowledge. Proven beyond doubt. (We can get ampage and voltage from our brains). So, if electricity is what is keeping us alive, is this not our life? Is this not something we have to protect. When humans go into Cardiac arrest, aren't they jolted with insertions of electricity to bring them back to life.

It would also fit with the theory that they could operate in waves. Lately i've been thinking about this. Light is faster than sound, but what if this electricity moved at certain frequencies, pulses, and wavelengths. Could this not be the waves that LandofShadows was talking about?

As a side note, the french did some experiments with the resonating sound of humans, on the theory that everything in the world has it's own resonating frequency. Well they were trying to find the resonating frequency of humans, however...they discovered, that achieving a similar frequency, will kill the person...they killed at least three before clocking on to the fact that achieving the same frequency as a human will tear them apart. You know that vibrating feeling you get when you listen to very deep bass music, like punk or rock...well it's the same thing. I thought of this because when LandofShadows made a comment on wavelengths, I instantly thought of sound.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I wish it was real...

Rep:
Level 88
Who says it isn't real? Gaia is real!

The fact that Final Fantasy is put in there, (in the title), is because it is commonly put into games more physically than it should be, but the Gaia Hypothesis has yet to be disproven.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Maybe it should be taken out of the title then?

Rep:
Level 88
I'll have Chiakumu alter the title once I get home.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.