RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The War on Terror

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
     It's a matter of that isn't what it's about anymore. Why the fuck are we in Somalia? Why are we sending twenty-thousand more troops when logically it will only make it more difficult to complete each operation succesfully? These are the questions I want answered.

Oh HERE'S a good one! WHO THE FUCK DO WE THINK WE ARE?! I totally understand trying to help people in other countries, but you know what? You can have too much of anything, and this whole thing is a prime example. WE have people all over the middle east, Africa, Vietnam, Asia, and a host of other places. I want to know what's REALLY going on damn it!

This isn't about me yelling at Bush, this isn't about me yelling at our government, or anyone else's. I just want the fucking truth about this whole thing. So far, everything we've been told is a lie. Hell, even the fucking NEWS gets disproven within a week of an article being released! How much do you wat to bet that "150" insurgents turns out to be 15? Or even 5?! Furthermore, I'll even wager they were civilians that we SUSPECTED were insurgents!

Not only are we hurting the people we are supposed to be helping, we are hurting ourselves. Men on OUR SIDE are killing OUR PEOPLE at what seems to be completely random! Something is obviously rotten up with brass, and it's starting to get worse. Someone needs to do the weeding around here.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
     It's a matter of that isn't what it's about anymore. Why the fuck are we in Somalia? Why are we sending twenty-thousand more troops when logically it will only make it more difficult to complete each operation succesfully? These are the questions I want answered.

Oh HERE'S a good one! WHO THE FUCK DO WE THINK WE ARE?! I totally understand trying to help people in other countries, but you know what? You can have too much of anything, and this whole thing is a prime example. WE have people all over the middle east, Africa, Vietnam, Asia, and a host of other places. I want to know what's REALLY going on damn it!

This isn't about me yelling at Bush, this isn't about me yelling at our government, or anyone else's. I just want the fucking truth about this whole thing. So far, everything we've been told is a lie. Hell, even the fucking NEWS gets disproven within a week of an article being released! How much do you wat to bet that "150" insurgents turns out to be 15? Or even 5?! Furthermore, I'll even wager they were civilians that we SUSPECTED were insurgents!

Not only are we hurting the people we are supposed to be helping, we are hurting ourselves. Men on OUR SIDE are killing OUR PEOPLE at what seems to be completely random! Something is obviously rotten up with brass, and it's starting to get worse. Someone needs to do the weeding around here.

I agree with you. But thats what were doing (according to Bush) but he's doing great for having an IQ of 16. I can't wait until 2008.
EDIT: He needs to focus more on protecting our borders.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

I agree with you. But thats what were doing (according to Bush) but he's doing great for having an IQ of 16. I can't wait until 2008.
EDIT: He needs to focus more on protecting our borders.

Why? Because the Mexicans might come over here and do the jobs no one else wants to do? Or is it that you're just afraid the Canadians are going to take over?
:tinysmile:

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I still think any War is wrong and depending on the side your on depends on if your a Good Guy or a Bad Guy... Every one who starts a War, feels what they are doing is for the better Good, and Irronically thats Bad... I doubt the Human kind will change for many years when it comes to War...
Humanity will never change.

If its going to work the way its being pushed now it needs more backing, especially from neighbouring states, we need the support of the people Around the terrorist factions an attack from all sides or at least a few.
We have as much support in that area as we'll be getting for a while.

I still also think Bush is a Prick...
Most everyone does.

May be thats why, people see them as intelligent a threat to their way of life and a push over to over throw... Not sure... But I do agree they need defending as they are placed in a very militant Islamic area...
People hate Jews because Jews are different.

It's a matter of that isn't what it's about anymore. Why the fuck are we in Somalia?
Our troop levels in the Horn of Africa are pretty low, but those troops are basically hunting for terrorist factions and the such.

Why are we sending twenty-thousand more troops when logically it will only make it more difficult to complete each operation succesfully?
Huh?

Oh HERE'S a good one! WHO THE FUCK DO WE THINK WE ARE?!
A powerful nation trying to expand its influence and eliminate threats to itself and its allies. I don't see the problem, really, I'd rather have America doing this than it's good pals China, Russia, and Iran.

I totally understand trying to help people in other countries
You think the US is really going to go into a Third World shithole and try to fix it up with no gain?

WE have people all over the middle east, Africa, Vietnam, Asia, and a host of other places. I want to know what's REALLY going on damn it!
Vietnam? Stragglers from the mid-70s?

A handful of insurgents can cause quite a bit of damage. Also, calm the fuck down man.

Not only are we hurting the people we are supposed to be helping, we are hurting ourselves. Men on OUR SIDE are killing OUR PEOPLE at what seems to be completely random!
Huh?
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 96
That's exactly my point. If you are saying stuff like "huh?" annd you think those guys are stragglers, than youdon't NEARLY as much as you should. Not that I know much more. And that's exactly the fucking problem. I'm going to keep studying this shit, just because I'm fucking pissed.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Why don't you explain yourself better?
Also, calm down. People tend to make idiots of themselves when they get angry in a debate.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 96
True...I should calm down, you are 100% correct.

I don't have the link, as I don't subscribe to his news source, but Silver once gve a link in IRC to a story about an American soldier getting mowed down by other Americans.

What happened was, he was speaking to an Iraqi woman, when three men in a vehicle pulled up- American troops. They pulled weapons on him, and demanded he put his hands up. Before he could even open his mouth, he was tazered. Understand that when you are tazered, you are utterly debilitated for a short time. Before the effects wore off, he was commanded to put his hands behind his head once more, and promptly tazered. This time, his hand flailed back towards his side-arm, and one of the men took this opportunity to blast him with his rifle. Upon questioning, the man who ordered them out there stated: "He could be considered dangerous, as he chose not to follow the orders given to him."

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Ok, let's not go to any war with any instances of intentional friendly fire or even the most minor of atrocity.
We'll get a lot done.
Seriously though, that's bad, and I hope those responsible (assuming the story is even true) were promptly punished, but it's hardly an excuse to pull out because of a small number of isolated incidents of human right's abuses and the such. Really, those exist in every war.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh no, that's not what I was saying. If we have to be there, fine, we have to be there. But I want to know WHY we have to be there.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If we was to pull out now, It would leave Iraq in a bad way, the police there are not eqiped to deal with the factions and resistance.

I don't think the full scale of what they would have been facing was fully realised beofre the invaision... and now its all about saving face and trying to get a certain level of peace before withdrawing.

Bush does not want to have a lose, so adding more troops to add to the conflict... This could be a good move, it should help keep the enemy pinned down, boost morral amoungst the troops already there, and show the Iraq people the USA are trying their best to help.  But on the bad side, if a lose still occurs a few months after the re-enforcements get there, its going to be a very big lose, and no doubt gain respect for the factions.  Even if the USA leaves troops there until a new head of Iraq is appointed, and then withdraws the troops, it wont take long before the police there and the goverment army get knocked out of power.

I hope some good other than Saddam being over-thrown comes out of this conflict...

On another note... WHO keeps lowering my REP ?... LOL (I was 80 the Friday just past, and I have not been online to upset anyone...)

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
If we was to pull out now, It would leave Iraq in a bad way, the police there are not eqiped to deal with the factions and resistance.

I don't think the full scale of what they would have been facing was fully realised beofre the invaision... and now its all about saving face and trying to get a certain level of peace before withdrawing.

Bush does not want to have a lose, so adding more troops to add to the conflict... This could be a good move, it should help keep the enemy pinned down, boost morral amoungst the troops already there, and show the Iraq people the USA are trying their best to help.  But on the bad side, if a lose still occurs a few months after the re-enforcements get there, its going to be a very big lose, and no doubt gain respect for the factions.
I agree with much of this. That I say this to one of your points is new and it's kind of scary.

Even if the USA leaves troops there until a new head of Iraq is appointed, and then withdraws the troops, it wont take long before the police there and the goverment army get knocked out of power.
I imagine the US would keep bases in Iraq, not leaving at least one or two bases in South Vietnam was a mistake that shouldn't be repeated.

I hope some good other than Saddam being over-thrown comes out of this conflict...
In the long run, it's quite likely.

On another note... WHO keeps lowering my REP ?... LOL (I was 80 the Friday just past, and I have not been online to upset anyone...)
What's that?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
What's that?

You see under peoples AVA's they have + & - signs... you can click them to add REP or take it away from them... I loose around 4 points a day.

And you seem to gain about 2 a day.

I agree with much of this. That I say this to one of your points is new and it's kind of scary.

I have been doing some home work...LOL  Reading loads on Wiki, the argueement both ways still stands, but at the end of the day, only history will be able to tell whats for the better good and what is not.  And as we can't see the fututre we shouldn't speculate too much.  So rather then me commenting on some thing that has not happened I figure I may aswell comment om stuff that is happening and give a slight view into each way this conflict could turn, rather than Painting it Black "as the Rolling stones would say"...

I imagine the US would keep bases in Iraq, not leaving at least one or two bases in South Vietnam was a mistake that shouldn't be repeated.

If they don't leave some sort of Support the people of Iraq may just see it as the USA is cutting and running, bit like in the film 3 kings I guess.

In the long run, it's quite likely.

I suppose its given the people there a different view, and some of the restrictions around their lives have been lifted, even those that don't like forign troops in their country will no doubt still want to hold on to a few of the changes the conflict brought, I guess it gives them building blocks to work from.

Its a shame though that so much Human life had to be wasted to gain these results.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows