RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Short Ruins Tutorial

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
Ok, this is the second tutorial by me, so if it is bad...I'm new! For this tutorial you'll need Hypershadow180's tall grass autotile:
Now go ahead and start a new map. Like always you see this:

Make a few not so neat paths(It is ruins after all!):

And Immediatly go to layer 2, where the grass autotile comes into play Remember to make it nice and messy!:

Now for the buildings! Go on to layer 3. I've always done the front of my ruins first, but that is my personal opinion:

Finish up the basic shapes of your buildings:

Now, start on the details, such as cracks in the building, breaks in the walls, all that good stuff:

We are in the last few stages of our ruins now. Go ahead and add some trees, use the layers to your advantage!:

The final step, the broken pots:

I hope this helped anyone out there with their mapping, and there will be another tutorial coming soon!
Next time: The Cave

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Do you mind uploading them on photobucket.com? The images will be bigger that way. :P Pretty good, though.

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
Yeah, sure. I use this site because it lets you upload 10 images at once.

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, sure. I use this site because it lets you upload 10 images at once.
Photobucket can do 10 at a time to.>_>
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
Huh, I might try it then!