RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Short Mountains Tutorial

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
What you need:
A Basic understanding of mapping in RMXP
RMXP(duh.)

Obviously, make a new map with the mountain tileset, You will see this.

Start off by making a jagged rock facing at the bottom, like this:

You have to remember, there is no straight lines in nature.
After that make a stream and a rock facing that looks like this:

I would have given you a screenshot of the process, but I messed up :(
Anyways, go to layer 2 and start on some of the plants and trees and add the bridge, but don't go overboard on the trees, we need some space for the hard part!

Now, go to layer 3 and finish the bridge rails, and if you like, overlap some trees to give it a cool effect.

Now for the hard part. Make two or more rock facings in the blanks you left in the trees. Remember, no straight lines in nature!!

Now that you are done wth that, finish up the mountainy feel by adding some more foliage such as flowers, more trees, and possibly a spring and then you have your mountain!
-----
Tips
-----
You might improve your bridge by adding some river Sound effects, it works like this:
Code: [Select]
Play BGS: '010-River01'. 80. 100.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:42:35 PM by Mapper »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That looks pretty good, except I think that the screenshots should be a bit bigger and that the dirt road shouldn't just be a straight line because if you put patches in certain places, it looks like people were walking across it or something and wore it out. ;D Gj, though.

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
Yeah, the pics do suck, but you can click on them to make them bigger! As for the road, I wasn't aiming for straight, but not quite...Scrambled...Like a road that is only traveled on once every two days. Not a perfect road, but not a scribbled-on-to-the-map road

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
for a mountain tut sure looks like perfectly made by human hands

just a comment, you could either ignore what i just said.

wont it be better if you make it more disoriented its a mountain right? so it should not have a perfect curve on the edges well to have a more touch of nature on to it.

any way you did say short tut.

Rep:
Level 87
The name says it all!
for a mountain tut sure looks like perfectly made by human hands
There are a few ways to solve the "made by human hands" problem. You could put some storyline behind it, like "The dwarves made it." or "A magic spell was cast over them." I think that sound a bit better than "Humans worked their asses off carving out these mountains, God knows why..."