RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do you get your ideas ??

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Just wandering how everyone gets there Brilliant ideas from ^^ .
I am bad at making up ideas to begin a game but after that it will write itself  ;)

How you get your's ?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I got mine in language arts...that class is so dam boring. But that day we were in our star wars unit  ;D ;D ;D, and he talked about many classic hero storys, and then we had to make our own unique one as homework
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'm just naturally brilliant.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
for me, me and my two closest friends and my brother, sit down and play melee for a couple of hours while we toss ideas at each other.  after a few hours a basic plot has been fleshed out.  then we turn of the game and talk specifics.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I just put myself into a position I would want to be in.

So, I'm making a game with people turning into monsters :).

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I literally just wake up in the morning with an amazing idea.

Not unlike Gilgamesh.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I'm just naturally brilliant. Seriously.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Heh, way to say exactly what Gilga said.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Seriously.

Example:

I go to the bathroom and as soon as I have myself off the PC (I was playing Tiberian Sun) I start getting ideas, because my mind isn't busy with the enemy anymore it starts doing things on its own. Some are useful, some are crap. The trick is to know what is good and what crap.
That applies to any moment where my mind isn't busy. :O Usually I have to keep it busy as much as I can or I would go crazy. :O
Visit our website.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
AH I see everybody is just getting there ideas when doing something else :P
I think I'm gonna draw my maps in an extra Notebook i'll take it to school tomorrow..
Boring classes... >.>

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Seriously.

Example:

I go to the bathroom and as soon as I have myself off the PC (I was playing Tiberian Sun) I start getting ideas, because my mind isn't busy with the enemy anymore it starts doing things on its own. Some are useful, some are crap. The trick is to know what is good and what crap.
That applies to any moment where my mind isn't busy. :O Usually I have to keep it busy as much as I can or I would go crazy. :O

Thats pretty much exactly the same as me. Unless I keep my mind constantly occupied I am overwhelmed by ideas.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I just sit there doing my daily crap on the computer, picking up random songs and what-not... and forge my ideas off of random songs. Like... I'll take a brother war from the song 'Brother, My Brother' by Blessid Union, and add a dark sinister main neutral character like from 'Aura' from .hack//sign, mix it all up with a confused main character who's always afraid and someone's trying to help them out- Stop Crying by Oasis... that kinda deal.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Rep:
Level 88
Yes, the brain. I search the vast archive for information, of course with the risk of insanity every time I delve into the brain. Seeing that, I use instinct and impulse, along with some other useless organs in my body converted into brain matter. You've got 3 things in my brain: an archive of factual knowledge, the idea center, and the room of insanity (which is between the archive and idea center.).
RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Seriously.

Example:

Thats pretty much exactly the same as me. Unless I keep my mind constantly occupied I am overwhelmed by ideas.

I guess the border REALLY IS very blurry between genius and insanity. xD
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:37:23 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I would like to join this "naturally brilliant" club.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Are you nuts enough? Or better: Would you go nuts if you wouldn't occupy your mind with anything?
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yeah, I'd probably go batshit insane.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Ok, you're in. :=
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Whats the club name?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:18:25 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Seriously.

Example:

I guess the border REALLY IS very blurry between genius and insanity. xD

I have this very same problem... if you can call it a "problem."  Mayhaps it is a blessing in some form.