RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Probably a noob question but...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Need help with rpgmaker xp...>.<;;
Is there a way to use the in-message "delays" in rpgmaker xp? ??? (Like the ones in rpgmaker 2k and 2.3k, such as \. or \|) Or is it not possible? I can't seem to find out how, and I couldn't find any thread on this using the search.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
In message delays....Hmm, a less favorable solution might be to section the message, and create the action,"Wait" before finishing.
~Banned~

I'm not exactly sure what you mean...does section-ing keep the message displayed while the wait is happening?

(Well, I kinda want something like how this "show message" would work in rpgmaker 2k/2.3k:

"If you want to find out how to activate IT,\|
you must go ask the elder.\..\..\..\.....
but he wants a cookie first, of course."

but in rpgmaker xp, "show message" doesn't accept the \ commands used within the "show message", so I can't use those delays in rpgmaker xp, but I don't know how to use delays like that in rpgmaker xp...or do I need a script maybe?)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It does if you use a script. Look for letter by letter in the database.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
I'm not exactly sure what you mean...does section-ing keep the message displayed while the wait is happening?

(Well, I kinda want something like how this "show message" would work in rpgmaker 2k/2.3k:

but in rpgmaker xp, "show message" doesn't accept the \ commands used within the "show message", so I can't use those delays in rpgmaker xp, but I don't know how to use delays like that in rpgmaker xp...or do I need a script maybe?)

*1st Part Of Phrase*
Wait Event
*2nd Part Of Event*
~Banned~

It does if you use a script. Look for letter by letter in the database.

...aw poopy.

*1st Part Of Phrase*
Wait Event
*2nd Part Of Event*

The problem with that is that is gets rid of the dialogue

Well...thanks both of you. I'm not really into scripting or anything yet...so I guess maybe I'll just figure out this later.

Rep:
Level 89
The problem with that is that is gets rid of the dialogue
except you could set it to
first message: hello....
wait
second message: hello......son
or something like that

or just get a letter by letter message system
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way