RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ingame Cutscene

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jester of Chaos
How can I go about making a cutscene (Using the ingame graphics) ie: Someone in a different room (map) is talking to someone else (the hero nor any party members are not in the room) and some action happens (Blah Blah Blah) and then it goes back to the hero/party.

Thanks in advance.

Off to go slay Ganon AGAIN,
Oni Link
Off to slay Ganon AGAIN,
Oni Link

It takes a hell of a jester to deliver a burn like that and still stay alive to burn the king again tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
You must use the Teleport function as well as the move event command. Learn about switches to help control the times of these events.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
When I do this with 2k/2k3, I fade the screen, change the hero's graphic so that they look like one of the other characters, and then teleport to the cutscene location.  When the cutscene is over, I fade, change the character back, and then teleport them back.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
if its RMXP, then to make the main character go away during the scene and replace her/him with someone else, what I do is tint the screen black for a few seconds and then, change the character's sprite sheet to whoever you want and then teleport to where the cutscene will take place. Then the event takes place (make sure its auto run) and then tint the screen black again and repeat the steps.

~Winged