RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][CLOSED] Event priority fix

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Lavadora Letal
<Event Priority Fix>
<6/January/2012>

Summary
I have a problem with priorities in RPGMVX. Basically, I use characters twice as tall as average ones (or even more) and since you can only choose one priority for an entire event (same as character, above the character, etc...) it shows only under or only above the player, no matter what part of the map you are.
Example:
Spoiler for:

What I want?
Just a way to change the priority in-game. I mean, if you step on a tile with an event, then, this or another event changes it's priority to show above the player. When you walk away, that event's priority returns to normal.

Features Desired
  • If player steps on an event, change the priority of desired event to show above the player
  • If player is no longer stepping on that event, return that event's priority to the previous value (that is, under the player)

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • rmrk.net database
  • other forums
  • about ten blogs

What did you search for?
  • priority script
  • event priority change
  • changing priorities in-game
  • cambiar prioridad eventos
  • and several combinations of the words listed above
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:52:45 PM by Wilkituska »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween

Lavadora Letal
Exhydra's Oversized Event Support

I think that's what you want.

Actually, not. I already have that script, but the problem is not the size of the event, it's rather the size of the character (and, unfortunately, the player's character is not an event). The error is that the character is tecnically under the event, but he is so tall that his head reaches the tile above that event, therefore, if event priority is under the character, the upper part of the event overlaps his head even when he is under the bottom of the event (only shows correctly when the player is above the event)... And if you do the opposite, and you set the character priority under the event, then it shows the player above it even when he is behind (in the screenshot, for example, the character is behind a chair, but it look like he is above) and, well, in short, if I can't modify the priority in-game, then I have to choose between showing the correct graphics only when player is above the event or only when player is under the event. Hence, the error.

Have I made myself understood?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What happens if you set the event priority to "Same as Character"?

Lavadora Letal
What happens if you set the event priority to "Same as Character"?

I will post some screenshots tomorrow. It's late in my country now.
But, basically, there is no much difference between same as character and under the character (depending on the case). As I said, the problem is that, technically, the character is not in the same tile as event, but two tiles down (character is three tiles tall), so it overlaps his head.

I have a limited english vocabulary, indeed. You will understand better tomorrow, with the screenshots.

P.S.- Sorry for that annoying emoticon, it displays automatically when you type that word.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:01:42 AM by Wilkituska »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I've attached two pictures that show what I got when testing with "Same as Character," where both the player and the event are 2 tiles wide by 3 tiles high. The player is the cat woman, and the other one is the event set to "Same as Player" Priority. It looks fine to me.

Lavadora Letal
Okay, when I saw your pictures I realized something. I've finally tried one thing, and it worked. When choosing graphics for the event, it only displays incorrectly if you choose graphics from a tileset. Graphics with it's own charset work different. What a dumb mistake... I only need to copy all that graphics to new files.

Well, thank you all. And sorry for the inconvenience.