RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chest's

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
how do i make a chest open when i click the action button,search it when i click it again, and shut when i click it again?

Edit 1:I meen what do i need to do so when i click the action button it opens ive put it as action button i just need to know how i set up the switches

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 06:43:42 PM by Kuranji »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Should one be able to walk away during a phase and come back later?

is ther a code so after u open it check it and close it and get an item you can check it again and you dont get an item and it ses you find nothin

<3
Rep:
Level 90
heres a little thingy about switches...

Switches are basicly used to link events with other ones (well thats what I use them for). So for example, you have an event with some guy standing and you want him to sit when you talk to him. You make a switch called anything you wanna, for nowits man1. Make a new page and change the graphic to the man sitting and then go to the pre something at the top left hand corner and in the switches put man1. Ok, g2g dinner, I'll reply later

~Winged

First go into the event layer and make a new event then you choose the evan graphic, (and if you look for it there is already an sprite of a closed, open and opening chest, its at the bottom in a file called "Chest01" or 02,03)

Once you have chosen the closed chest graphic make a command called "Move event" makes sure you look in the top corner of the box that pops up, and change it to "This event" then click "Change graphic" change it to the icon of it opening, then click wait, make it wait 2 frames and this will stop it from moving to fast. And keep repeating this proces untill the chest is open

Now when you walk up to the chest and click the action button the chest will open! And this is basicly all i know so far im not sure how to make it so you can search it yet but i've messed around with it abit and i think if you make the first command "Show choices" and name choice 1 "Open" and the other "Close" then you put the command of it opening into the "open" section and do it with the close one, and hopefully you can now close it aswell, not 100% sure on that one  :-\

Hmmm i made it so theirs a choice of open and leave it when you click action button it opens but when i click action button again it closes then a menu come up saying search and close hmmm

I got the same problem here lol

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Try clicking on my sig and read the tutorial there.