RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Character specific events (2k)[Delete me >.<]

Rep:
Level 87
I'm using RPGmaker 2k and want to know how to make events work specific to the character. The running theme of my game is that different options become available depending on what character you choose. I guess the best example of what I mean is what I'm currently stuck on.

Once you pick a character you are teleported to your home, rather than make a new home map for each character I want just the basement of the home to be different (That would cut down on 6 maps so far, and 12 once I finish all the characters). I plan on doing this by having an event (stairs) that teleports to a different basement map based on the character.

Any tips on how to do this?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:01:02 AM by Toxxy »

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Well you could make a huge map with basemenets on different corners so that they can't be seen from the others. Then you could just teleport to the different basements depending on characters.

On the stairs event make a conditional branch checking for a hero 1, else check for hero 2, and so on and so forth. If hero 1 is there, teleport to basement map, but in the top left corner room. 2 to the bottom corner, or something. I hope that helps.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 87
I had thought of that but I want to use different chipsets. I suppose I could do that and just have an event change the chipset huh? I'd still rather do seperate maps if anyone has any ideas.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
You could do seperate maps, just that if your chipset matches your house one, it looks better.

And you can just instead of teleporting to the far corners, teleport to the different maps.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 87
...just that if your chipset matches your house one, it looks better.
I know that, I mean I'm not an idiot. :P
But the walls in a basement alchemy lab, or engineering lab tend to look a tad different than the rest of the house...that's why I'm using a different chipset.

Ok so here's what I got so far...

There's probably gonna be about four more but as long as I follow that general outlin it'll be all gravy right?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:11:23 AM by Toxxy »