RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Character Class problem

Rep:
Level 88
*Cluck cluck*
Ok, I want my characters to change class whenever they equip an accessory. I tried(as a common event):
 <>Conditional Branch hero [X] [Fire Ring] equipped
  <>Change hero class [X], [Fire Fighter].
  Else handler
  <>Conditional Branch hero [X] [Thunder Ring] equipped
    <>Change hero class [X], [Thunder Fighter].
and so on.
It doesn't work.
BTW, I did set it to parallel process and used the trigger at the opening cutscene. When that didn't work, I switched it to go off whenever I used a skill, and that didn't work either. Then I set a debug guy in the first map and tried stuff, and it  started not working once I used
<>Conditional Branch hero [X] [Fire Ring] equipped
as the condition.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:37:20 AM by Snake712 »

Rep:
Level 88
Try not using the else handlers.  And just making them all seperate.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Have you made possible for every class to equip these rings?

And actually using else is fine, but the "event code" gets harder to read if you have many conditions.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Actually it's still easy...just tiresome...

you could split it up a bit more a suppose though.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
*Cluck cluck*
Yes, every class can equip the rings.
And I already tried having one without an else, and it didn't work.

EDIT: I found the problem by using the debug guy again. It's just not checking for the accessory.
So any idea how to fix this, or do I just change this system to other pieces of armor?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:24:04 AM by Snake712 »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I done mine using a common event handler linked to the Connditional Branch... Like skill in away...

Once I equipe the Item I made it so it gave the Char a Skill, like fire fighter, if you activate the skill then I had a conditional branch assign loads of new skills to the Char, change the sprite and all sorts... it even works in battle...

I know it may not be exactly what you want, but it breaks up what your trying to do, makes it much more simple.

If CHar has Fire ring equipied, give skill fire ring Activate... on the skill fire ring add the common event to assign the skills, like Inferno, or summon the God of Hell fire...Etc... once the battle ends or a certain amount of steps are taken turn the skill back off... Make it minus what ever MP you like also...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
*Cluck cluck*
Thanks, but that's not what I want.
So I guess I'm stuck using other pieces of armor for this system. Oh well.
But as long as I'm here, what script should tell the game to check for accessories and how do I see if mine isn't the same for some reason?