RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
simple forest trail

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
hey this is my first tutorial on this site and i decided to show everone how to make
a simple forest trail.

step 1:
we start off with plain grass on the first layer

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

Step 2:
we then go to the second layer and we will use this autotile

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

we will start putting water on a random part of the map. we then take the grass tile and place it on certain parts of the water
to make it look more realistic

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

Step 3:
we then go to the third layer and start putting down trees in random places.

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

Step 4:
we then go back to the first layer and use the ground autotile and start drawing a path
we then start breaking up parts of the path so it doesn't look perfect and replace it with either the grass or the shadow autotile and it should look like this

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

Step 5:
we then put a little bit of those grass looking things and put them in the water on the third layer.
then you add a little detail and it will end up looking like this.

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

heres what it will look like in game

Spoiler for:

Shot at 2007-07-29

Is it perfect? no but it can count as an acceptable map.

if you want to make really good looking maps then you can add some undulation to make it look even more realistic. you can even add diffrent types of trees to make it look like a real forest

this is my first tutorial so i accept tips and constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:43:31 AM by mitoz »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Looks ok, and it's a good tutorial. Althought, I hadn't use these things on the water, but that's just me :D

Could be a little more detailed, but it looks good.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
yea its not very detailed but thats why i titled it as simple forest trail. also most people dont use those things on the water. I just like to.