RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TBS v 0.2

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Okay, I need a TBS for my game, so I started working on one today, and I decided that I might have more motivation to actually finish the thing if I posted it and people showed interest (this could of course totally demotivate me if nobody shows interest, but meh, that's a risk I'm willing to take). Anyway, basically what I have so far is a little deathmatch between three user-controlled guys. I basically have the movement stuff down except for one bug which will be elaborated on in the known bugs section. Also, the Attack System is simple and works as far as I can tell. As for items, don't bother selecting that because I haven't started anything with it yet, and it's sure to cause problems. Also, as far as movement goes, I don't have anything which shows your range yet, but you'll be stopped once you go too far (3 squares for the warrior, 4 squares for the others).

Known Bugs:
  • Sometimes the Southernmost square of your attack range won't show up in the right spot. It'll be easy to fix, but I don't want to go through it tonight.
  • Needs a deselect option.

Next version:
  • Enemy AI
  • Visible Movement Range
  • Characters with 5 movement Range
  • Items
  • Skills
  • Anything you guys suggest

Complementary Scripts:

f0tz!baerchen's Anti-Lag Script. It's not actually necessary for the small map in the demo, but for larger maps it will be.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think! And tell me about any bugs you encounter.

EDIT:

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:45:16 PM by modern algebra »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm gona have to check this out tommorow. (sleepy time) but wow...you continue to show your mastery of events in every way possible. Great job man, Great job!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It's looks good so far, only a couple of glitch I found.
The first round it all screwed up, they can attack with infinite range and the move cursor get stuck and I cant move it if the red is around it... bu then once everyone has moved once, it works fine their attacked have a limit and the cursor doesn't get stuck...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Wow i pretty like this,
Still some buggs and make an deselect option :p
But this can be good i think

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Wow, thats a pretty cool system, still a few buggs but im sure you will figure out how to fix this. I wish you good luck and know, i will be using this for the minigame in VO.
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Hey looks great! Ya a few bugs here and there but nothing can't be fixed. A couple of tweaks to the system and it will be awesome.
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
Pretty nice there ^-^ v

One point, in most of the TBS system the red tile surounded your character must be the attack range that they can hit too as you are using the white tile inbetween these red tile. I suggest you put the range your character is covering in red and those where the character cannot attack as it is(of course you still have to put a feild of even same level as character all around the red square to avoid it going further as you have just done in your version.

Overall: Very nice job ! Keep it up!

Elistios