RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Super necrobump to put out the news that Dissidia is now getting a sequel called Dissidia 012. The entire cast from the original Dissidia will be returning, along with some newer recruits. The only confirmed ones so far are Lightning from FFXIII, Kain Highwind from FFIV, and Tifa Lockhart from FFVII. The character designer has also hinted that he may be including Gilgamesh from FFV and Sazh Katzroy from FFXIII. Can't find too much information yet, but it sounds like more fan service is in the works for sometime next Spring.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Personally I wanna see Seymour and Seifer get in there. Then again, I've not played FFXIII yet to see what characters there are for it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm looking forward to this 8D Hopefully they'll balance out the battle system a bit more so it's more than just "break them until you get 9999 and go for the HP attack" and add some more depth to the game. It'd be so much more fun that way D8

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I hope they add Zack from crisis core  ;8

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Basch...it needs Basch

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Terra needs to be better in this game. Way better.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I hope they add Zack from crisis core  ;8

No. Square-Enix is already tempted to throw in all of the FF7 characters as is. <.<

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Terra needs to be better in this game. Way better.
Pfft might as well put Terranort in the game, too, and save the graphics artists some time - Just recolour him 8D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I just wanna see Beatrix in. Not really hyped for the sequel since I hear they're complaining about space issues on the PSP again. Cut out those fucking useless cutscenes that nobody watches and add in another character or two. Also, in celebration of the coming release of The 3rd Birthday they gave Lightning an Aya Brea costume (In T3B they gave Aya a Lightning costume). Cross-promotion yay
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Two more confirmed characters: Vaan (FFXII), and Laguna (FFVIII).

Gotta say though, I'm not happy with how they're selecting characters to put in. In the original Dissidia, it was the main hero from each game and their main villain counterparts. It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour. With 012 though, it feels like they're just putting in their favorite characters now. Perhaps its just me, but Seifer would have made a much better choice than Laguna, due to not only having a bigger role in the story, but having a more understandable battle set-up compared to Laguna's machine gun. They also openly stated that they wouldn't even make the game if they couldn't add in Tifa (and we all know why Square Enix loves her), and are adding in extra characters before even deciding on the villain counterparts for FFXI or FFXIII. They were considering dropping Vaan altogether originally, due to voice actor issues.

Willing to bet right now that Auron from FFX gets added in because of how popular he is for Square.

Rep:
Level 75
It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour
I think they ditched Seymour because he was more of Yuna rival, while Jecht is more connected to Tidus.
And as much as I prefer Laguna as character, Seifer, or even Rinoa would make more sense.
I'm pretty neutral about Tifa. I like her, but dunno, I always saw her as someone who's tagging along with Cloud.

I don't know if they're gonna add Auron or Yuna, they're both pretty popular.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour
I think they ditched Seymour because he was more of Yuna rival, while Jecht is more connected to Tidus.
And as much as I prefer Laguna as character, Seifer, or even Rinoa would make more sense.
I'm pretty neutral about Tifa. I like her, but dunno, I always saw her as someone who's tagging along with Cloud.

I don't know if they're gonna add Auron or Yuna, they're both pretty popular.

Oh, I understand why they added in Jecht. They needed someone connected to Tidus, and it made more sense to use his father over Seymour since the latter was more connected to Yuna than Tidus. Seymour just feels more prominent of a villain and comes first to mind when you think of antagonists in the game. Kinda like Golbez with FFIV, since he's technically not the main villain of the game but certainly takes the spotlight as the most prominent villain.

But seriously, now they're just going with their favorites and doing the "Oh, we gotta throw this guy in, everyone will looooooove him!" routine.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Square is horrible for that. No really, it's disgusting. I hate that they ate up Enix, I LOVED Enix games before Square consumed them and I'm still terribly bitter about it.

WHERE ARE THE REMAKES OF THE SOULBLAZER TRILOGY, HUH? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GAMES LIKE BRAINLORD?

Anyhow I'm done. But I'm just saying I'm not remotely surprised at this turn of events.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
More characters! Yuna from FFX, Prishe from FFXI (who?), and finally... GILGAMESH! ...from FFV. Finally a new villain!

The new gameplay seems pretty interesting though. Instead of a "game board" story mode, it's an actual world map and stuff. Not sure how it works yet, but it sounds more like an actual Final Fantasy feel this time. In addition to the summons from last time, there's also a new Assist system where whoever's with you at the time chips in briefly to help you in the fight. The demo shows aeris using a move that momentarily halts the opponent's movement.

They're throwing in a lot of new arena's and music tracks, too. Prima Vista from IX, Phantom Train from VI, the Crystal Tower from III... pretty cool stuff.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I don't know how they're gonna make everything fit on one UMD though. They had space issues last time, and now they're practically doubling the content.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Are you sure its a UMD release?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I just now realized that this is MY thread, but someone changed the title. :p

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It comes out this month :o

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I tried out the japanese version's demo, it feels...really fast? Lightning happens to be a beast, shes kinda broken.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm going to wait for the US version. They made balance patches from the JP to US version in the original Dissidia, and I expect it to happen for 012 as well. And Lightning being a beast is probably just for now, if anything. :P If not, then she'll probably get patched lol

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
COMES OUT IN 11 MINUTES LOL. Well, just starting tomorrow.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?