RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
If those pics are real then it looks like FFXI has a few in it. Probably as a few of the secret ones or something. If it's true, then I'll be getting this game. Otherwise, I might still be getting it. See how it progresses.

Yay for Kefka  :tpg:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
"Square Enix made a little surprise announcement for Dissidia Final Fantasy at their FFXI event “Vana Fes 2008 in Korakuen” last Saturday. Final Fantasy XI’s black mage Shantotto was confirmed to make her appearance in the battle between Cosmos and Chaos with Megumi Hayashibara as the voice actor. Expect more information about her from the Japanese mags soon."

Having never played XI, would there be a main villain to counter Shantotto, or is Shantotto a stand-alone character?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I hope kefka is like the joker from The Dark Knight.

It was not by my hands that I was once again given gay sex.
It was men, who wised to pay me tribute.
TRIBUTE? You suck men's dicks and eat their cum.
That could be said about all gay guys.
Man ill needs a gay man such as you.
Enough talk, lets do it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Why? You want him to be horribly bad?

Enough talk, lets do it.

That's Castlevania you oaf. :mad:
:tinysmile:

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Having never played XI, would there be a main villain to counter Shantotto, or is Shantotto a stand-alone character?

She's kinda part of a coalition of lots of people from the 4 'main' cities (where you originate from). They all act against a variety of bad guys due to the nature of mmorpgs but I guess the main ones would be the Shadow Lord (original, huh?) or the Zilart Princes who are just plain evilness. I played ffxi for a few years so I speak from some kind of experience  :D

Looking forward to the game even more now!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Why? You want him to be horribly bad?

>_>
I liked him fage.

Enough talk, lets do it.

No, it's from Final Fantasy 2.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Enough talk, lets do it.

No, it's from Final Fantasy 2.

No, it's from Castlevania
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260785/quotes

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008

She's kinda part of a coalition of lots of people from the 4 'main' cities (where you originate from). They all act against a variety of bad guys due to the nature of mmorpgs but I guess the main ones would be the Shadow Lord (original, huh?) or the Zilart Princes who are just plain evilness. I played ffxi for a few years so I speak from some kind of experience  :D

Looking forward to the game even more now!

It makes sence that they picked shantotto from FFXI as she does spring up time and time again in almost every storyline. I don't think she will be up aggenst the Zilart or anything to do with the Zilart mission since she never shows up in them. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a completely new match for her, seeing as there is an expantion coming out that is completely revolved around her (Probably due to her appearence in FF: Dissidia) which will explain more about her, because all we know now is that she trained from her father and came from a long line of black mages (I'm not 100% sure as I'm not Windurstian so there could be more background to her in those missions vs the random snippets I found on FFXIwiki) Then again, SE might just throw Khimaira 13 in FF: Dissidia since that really is the only monster you fight along side with her. Though nothing logical seem practical, because due to the combat speed of FF: Dissidia I doubt she is going to fight this:

Flying lions, no thanks~
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:15:44 AM by HowlingWinds »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
It makes sence that they picked shantotto from FFXI as she does spring up time and time again in almost every storyline. I don't think she will be up aggenst the Zilart or anything to do with the Zilart mission since she never shows up in them. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a completely new match for her, seeing as there is an expantion coming out that is completely revolved around her (Probably due to her appearence in FF: Dissidia) which will explain more about her, because all we know now is that she trained from her father and came from a long line of black mages (I'm not 100% sure as I'm not Windurstian so there could be more background to her in those missions vs the random snippets I found on FFXIwiki) Then again, SE might just throw Khimaira 13 in FF: Dissidia since that really is the only monster you fight along side with her. Though nothing logical seem practical, because due to the combat speed of FF: Dissidia I doubt she is going to fight this:

Flying lions, no thanks~

Well, if that picture is anything to go by then she has upwards of 9999 (hp?) and can probably take quite a beating from the lion with wings before she goes down. Perhaps long enough to beat it? And there's a new expansion for it coming out? Omg :O Too bad I don't play anymore...

Besides, if SE is anything to go by, they will just shove the biggest bad guy from ffxi in it whether or not Shantotto helps fight it!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'll be the first to say it: The novelty of Dissidia will wear off quickly.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
But Roph said it several months ago.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Then I'll be the second.

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Videos have been released

Her special move is Chainspell/Manafonting Ancient Magic (Tier I), She can melee with her staff and can use the weapon skill "Retribution" but just like in FFXI, you are better off having her spam Tier I magic, because she can slaughter anyone pretty quickly.

Spoiler for:
Just a few fun facts for those who don't play FFXI

Chainspell: Allows rapid spellcasting. (Red Mage's 2 hour ability)
Manafont: Eliminates the cost of magic spells (Black Mage's 2 hour ability, just assuming she uses it since she is a Black Mage)
Ancient Magic: Ancient magic spells are Black Mage spells that deal large amounts of damage at the cost of large amounts of MP and long cast times.
Retribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_b3vEM-iaI
Spells used in her special move: Flare, Tornado, Quake, Flood, Burst, and Freeze

Then I'll be the second.

True, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts

Fixed your links.

Edit: Thank you for fixing my links
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:13:28 PM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Then I'll be the second.

True, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts

See, I'm not sure if I agree. One could easily have said the same thing about Super Smash Bros. when it first released, and now it's one of Nintendo's most popular franchises.

Rep:
Level 94
Smash Brothers is boring.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
You're boring. :mad:

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Smash Brothers is boring.

The general public seems to disagree, which was my point anyway C=

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
bumping this for a really awesome video I found.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
One year bump because I love this game. Even though it's a one-year bump, this game's only been out in the US for 4 months or so. Despite that, I've only had this game for a month or so. The worst part of this game is that I want a PS3 :mad: Then I could play online with other people. I'm only limited to the few people who have a PSP who live near me.

If you guys completely neglected looking at this game ever since this thread was made, I have opinions about it if you feel like reading:

Spoiler for:
Yeah, this game is a lot like Super Smash to me. It's a lot like SSB in many ways, actually. For one, I've played only two to four of the games the characters are from, yet I enjoy the characters equally. There is a tier-list for this game, but that's obvious because it's a fighter game. However, just like SSB, the tiers are arguable, and they really don't account for much if the player sucks anyways.

Pros and Cons
  • Skills and Attacks - With the exception of Bartz (who's meant to have copies of others' moves), everyone has unique skills (despite being classified as "close," "mid," or "long" range) that are appealing to the eye. Even for Bartz, he doesn't completely rip off moves and instead takes two moves or so and combines them together.
  • Extra Content - Lots of stuff to do. There's the "Duel Colosseum" where you get items for exclusive weapons (which take forever to get ;9) and for your better equips. The PP shop also has lots of stuff to do. One bad part is that nobody really knows how to get 100% completion in the Destiny Odysseys... lol... It's said that it's actually impossible in a few of them.
  • Exclusive Weapons - Speaking of exclusive weapons in the Extra Content, you're actually able to SELL them. And never get them back again. That means that, unless they were regular weapons to begin with, you have to restart your save file to get them.
    • Damage System - The BRV and HP attack thing makes sense, but it's kinda weird knowing you can basically OHKO anybody with the right strategy (which is how people easily power level to 100, but that's really unimportant because levels aren't too important). However, despite this, even if you get BRV break'd (you hit the enemy to below 0 BRV and you take the stage bravery (hard to explain ;-; )), stage BRV isn't always too much, and it's very possible to win.
    • Combos - You can basically spam a favored combo and easily win. This isn't actually too bad, either, because you'll need to be able to block efficiently and time everything correctly. There's still a bit of skill involved with this.
    • Fighting System - Some people really have a problem with the fact that the characters are flying all over the place. The thing is that this game was apparently based quite a bit on Advent Children (or so I've heard) and even Cloud's alternate look is his AC attire.
    • Character Choice - This isn't a complaint I have, but it's one I've seen quite a bit. Some people complain saying "why that character... why not this one?" For the sake of story (despite the story's near-uselessness described in the next bullet), they chose people who were related to each other. They didn't necessarily have to completely oppose each other (such as Jecht and Tidus). Also, if people put... some some dude from Shinra like Reno or something instead of Sephiroth for FFVII and the fangirls complained, people would just scoff and say, "pfft, Sephiroth fangirls are retarded." That could go for the whole Gilgamesh-ExDeath people.
      • Story - Even I can tell the story's awful. We got some dude named Chaos (from previous FF) and Cosmos who're in an obvious good vs. evil battle. Something happens and I personally didn't care because the story was really fractured. You see the same thing over and over because each Destiny Odyssey (story for good guys) has a few guys walking together.
      As you can see, most of these are actually cons. However, the cons aren't all too bad (except for the story, but story's been going downhill for the FF series since the beginning from what I've heard). Also, I didn't list the greatest pro of all: The multiplayer.

Playing with others is so much fun. Although delay and lag are obvious in the chase parts, it's overall fine if you're playing ad hoc. It just becomes as fun as any other fighter game, and this one's unique. There's a whole bunch more I can say about DFF, but I actually have to sleep so g'night.
Also, I found this thread because I was looking for the used-DS site thread. :P

Also, to be correct, the game's actually "Dissidia: Final Fantasy." :P[/list][/list]

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
You can play online with xlink kai, no need to have up close friends for online. Anyway, the game is pretty cool but single player gets really boring after a while. You can finish the full story mode in about 30-40 hours and that's that.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
It's just fan service. The only really good thing about it is the soundtrack. The story is stupid, and the gameplay is alright for a bit, but like Skanks said, it gets monotonous. I played it for a few hours and then deleted it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, XLink Kai, but that still requires specific routers. :P

And yeah, Single Player is pretty meh. However, multiplayer, I feel, is what makes this game worth it. It can get competitive (at least it does/did for me :P), and it can get really fun if you have a friend to play with. But, yeah, if you don't have anyone to play with, this game gets really old really fast. If my friend didn't play it, I wouldn't have gone through all the stories (which was just to unlock content so I could get better stuff).

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Yeah, XLink Kai, but that still requires specific routers. :P

Aslong as you have a mid-spec (b/g standard) wireless adapter and a wireless router, it's pretty much guaranteed to work.  :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Really? I've seen a list where it says "it won't work unless you have these routers" and there's some .bat program or something that checks if it works or not. Idk what b/g standard is, but I think my router's a pretty decent one. Idk :P

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Xlink used to use a router hacking technique, so you could have been reading up on that. Xlink now uses a new technique, where you use a PC with a wired (or wireless if you have two adapters) and a wireless adapter.

The way it works is that when you make an Ad Hoc lobby, it gives off a wireless signal (as usual) which most modern wireless adapters can pick up, you just need to find the signal as you would do with any other connection with an adapter on the PC the wireless adapter is connected to (like finding a router or access point signal). What Xlink does then is divert that signal through the internet, connecting to other people, creating one large lobby.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:19:48 PM by Tezuka »