RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] I just found this!

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Best Writer2012 Most Missed Member
This is a short story I wrote for my Creative Writing class in the 11th grade! lol

Tell me what you think.

Bindings

Have you ever loved someone enough to die for them? Okay, what about kill for them? That's how I felt about her. Why, I have no fucking idea. I wish I didn't. I wish I never laid my eyes on that woman. Cliched I know, but it's a good expression. Sometimes I sit and think about the early days of our love and how good it all felt. Of course that always leads into the day she left me for my best friend.
   I've felt completely alone the past couple of weeks. My brother came by to see how I was doing. He was surprised at my state I suppose. To a rational thinking person I guess it wouldn't make sense at how depressed I am for just losing a girl. He told me all the things they always tell you. There's plenty of other fish in the sea.
   “She isn't a fish. She's a woman, Gabriel. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever met. And she's with him.”
   “Gavin,” He looked down at my pitiful state and took my head out of my hands, forcing me to look into his eyes, “Please, listen to me, my brother, you mean the world to me. I hate seeing you like this. I know it's hard, Gavin, but you'll be alright, I promise, you'll be alright. It just takes time to heal from these things. But in time, you'll heal.”
   I know he meant well but the only thing I could think of was how wrong he was about time healing things. Sometimes time just makes you want it even more or just yearn for death so you don't have to deal with the pain anymore.
   It's so strange. I know how crazy it is and I don't want to feel this way but it feels like a part of myself was ripped away when she left. I feel as though I have to be with her and I'll die if I can't get to her. Stranger still, I only knew her for a month.
   I woke up at nine in the morning to my phone ringing. It was my so-called friend, Cole. He called to see how I was fairing after the whole “exchange”. I told him that I was doing better now and it hurt a lot less knowing that she was with him and not some strange guy from a bar. In short, I lied. Unfortunately since I told him that he wanted to know if I could go to our local bar this evening and “chat”. I wanted to say no but I thought that would have been too suspicious. After all, he did sound very sincere on the phone and I wanted to know what exactly this “little chat” was about.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:31:38 AM by boe »
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 60
Cliffhanger much? :P

So... do you have any plans to finish (or revise) this, or are you just wanting to leave it as-is? Right now, there doesn't seem to be too much to really comment on, but it would be interesting to learn why this woman was so important to Gavin, and therefore why he is so devastated by her leaving; on the other hand, it would be interesting to learn why she left -- even if that's only explained from Gavin's perspective (considering it's written in first-person). (And please forgive that run-on sentence. :P)

In short, it would be nice to see more of where you were going with this if you're up to finishing it someday. :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member
A man with feelings!? Blasphemy! I demand you retract your story! :P

It seems alright so far though obviously it's incomplete; you misspelled "faring" but that's obviously not a big deal, and I am intrigued at what Cole has to say.

The brother's speech seemed a little contrived, but it wasn't bad either.

I would also replace "my so-called friend" - it might just be a personal quirk of mine, but I always cringe when I hear the line and I think there are better ways to indicate that it is Cole for whom she left Gavin.

All in all though, I think it is promising.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
They posted pretty much what I was going to lol

I'd like to see more~
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 60
I'd like to see more~

So would we, it definitely has the potential to be wonderful. :)

(And it seems at least a few people are hoping that this will be finished now. :P)

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Best Writer2012 Most Missed Member
It's like this because it was actually a timed writing for a class I took. So that's why it seems underdeveloped...
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Well everyone already said what I was going to say.  But I read, and I liked :P