RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
THE MOSH PIT (metal section of this Fourm)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm not being stubborn. It just a plain fact that around 1996 almost everything started sounding like regurgitated pop music.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Okay man. I'd love to see some documented proof of these "facts."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I already mentioned a few shit bands that came around after 1996. You're just to stubborn to admit you're completely WORNG.

Although I do have to admit consumers are partailly to blame. If every one knew their asses from their elbows when it comes to music, bands like Self wouldn't be defunct.

Oh yeah, just remebered another one.... The Venga Boys.... And **shudders** Chumbawumba..... Chumbawumba was so bad it made Thor kill kittens. Fricken KITTENS! Don't you care about kittens?

Oh yeah, and pretty much the whole Rap Genre, it sucked beofre 1996, but after that it got worse. MUCH worse, at one point people added 'izzo' at the end of words randomly, seriously Rappers were doing that.

What you aren't understanding, is that I said music IN GENERAL. If you payed attention to that maybe you wouldn't of made me do a long post. Which by the way, as every one knows is something I try to avoid.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You naming off a few bands isn't documented proof at all. Just because you say a band sounds like regurgitated pop music doesn't make it so.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Oh yeah, and pretty much the whole Rap Genre, it sucked beofre 1996, but after that it got worse. MUCH worse, at one point people added 'izzo' at the end of words randomly, seriously Rappers were doing that.

I believe it was "izzle" :P And maybe it's just me, but I don't think rap is too bad as long as a relative amount of intelligence is put into it (and the same thing can be said about most music). Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good.

People will always be like "music stopped being good around [year]". Plenty of other people think YOUR music is shit. Complaining isn't going to change what YOU think is bad music, because it is obvious that YOU don't have a big effect on the recording industry. Music is, to a degree, about what is "good" and what is "not", but it is more about what sells- that's just how the world (how business) works.

I don't really care to look up and listen to every band that came about after '96 or '98 or whatever. I'm sure there are shitty ones, but there are also plenty of good ones.

I don't like Manowar that much :o
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
How can you not like Manowar? Seriously, it's bread and butter for Xanga trolls. BAD TROLL! BAD! NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I like Immortal (for the most part), but this picture is too fucking funny for words.

It's a little more than obvious as to why a lot of people don't take metal seriously.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I always rationalised it as most people are too fucking stupid to know what good music is.

I like "Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Mudvyne" and other various artist of this genre

Rep:
Level 88
My courageous insanity follows an infinite time
I'd have to say that my favortite metal song would be Free Fall by In Flames from the Reroute to remain album, but my favorite metal band period would probably be Soilwork then In Flames at second. After that i don't really have an order of favorites but i also like the bands...here comes a long list going in alphabetical order..sorta: 3, 3 Inches of Blood, 36 Crazyfists, 69 Eyes, A Life once lost, The Accident Experiment, Adema, Alice in chains, All that remains, American Head Charge, Anthrax, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Bile, The Black Dahlia Murder, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Bleed the sky, Blinded Colony, Blind Guardian, Catamenia, Cellador, Celtic Frost, Children of Bodem, Chimaira, Coal Chamber, Cradle of Filth, Crossbreed, Danzig, Deadstar Assembly, Deftones, Devil Driver, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Dope, downthesun, DragonForce, Dream Evil, Dry Kill Logic, Entombed, Faith no more, Fear Factory, Godhead, Hammerfall, Haste, Hatebreed, dunno if i'd consider HIM metal but i like them too, HourCast, Hurt, Iced Earth, Ill Nino, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kidney Thieves, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, KoRn, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of god, Leatherwolf, Lollipop Lust Kill, Machine Head, Manowar, Marduk, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Megaherz, Mendozza, Meshuggah, Metallica, Monster Magnet, Motograter, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, Napalm Death, Nevermore, Nightwish, NMSO4, Norma Jean, Nothing Face, Obituary, Opeth, Otep, Pantera, Peeping Tom, Primer 55, Prong, Psychostick,  Ra, Rammstein, Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie, Sentanced, Sepultura, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shattersphere, Skindred, Slipknot, Soil, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, Static-X, Stone Sour, Sucide Commando, System of a down, Three days grace, Throwdown, Tijuana Crackwhore, Tool, Trivium, Type O Negative, Unearth, V Shape Mind, With Dead Hands Rising, and last but not least Zao. Damn that took awhile lol.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Too much text...eyes hurt...lol...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes, this new guy needs to brush up on his grammar a little.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
The Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodem
Cradle of Filth
Deftones
Dimmu Borgir
Disturbed
Faith no more
Fear Factory
Killswitch Engage
KoRn
Marilyn Manson
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie
Slipknot
Static-X
Tool

Die.

Oh, and I didn't include the bands I didn't recognize, but a lot of them sound like shitty metalcore bands. You are a failure.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Rammstein's pretty awesome.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
Children of Bodem
Dimmu Borgir
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie

Die.

Oh, and I didn't include the bands I didn't recognize, but a lot of them sound like shitty metalcore bands. You are a failure.

I included the bands I thought were fine. There are obviously better bands,  but they're not bad.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Rammstein's pretty awesome.

Rammstien is pretty gay and decidedly un-awesome. I used to listen to them when I was 14, then one day I grew up and realized how shitty they were.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I included the bands I thought were fine. There are obviously better bands,  but they're not bad.

You think Demon Burger is "not bad"? At least you didn't include Cradle of Filth. I heard one of their songs in my formative years and it almost turned me off to metal.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Jesus Hitler.....is the only one on this forum with some metal taste...

"Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
Children of Bodem
Dimmu Borgir
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie"

I think you need this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkxwPwMi4Fw
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You think Demon Burger is "not bad"?

Nah, they're not bad. I mean, they've gone pretty mainstream, and there are tons of better bands out there in the same genre, but they're not awful.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
JH is forgetting that the only use of Ramstien is to play their junk while you're playing RF2 or Unreal.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Not considered pure metal by most but...

Protest the Hero
Glassjaw
Lost Horizon
Dragonforce
Blind Guardian
He Is Legend
HORSE the Band
Strung Out
Fall of Troy
Avenged Sevenfold (old stuff)
A Wilhelm Scream
At The Drive In (more odd than metal, but still heavy)

I tend to listen to more punk and power metal than pure metal.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
EHEM! What did you say about BG????????????? BG is pure metal, it's classic! BAD! NEVER INSULT THEM AGAIN!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
He... didn't?
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm a rabid BG fan, remember.

There are like three ways to make me go crazy.
1. Insult Thor
2. Insult BG
3. Tell me that I knocked Amanda up.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Gay Thor sucks BG's tiny cock while Amanda breastfeeds BabyMannChu.