RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] So I've been playing Twilight Princess...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
So here's the artwork that I've done lately.

At some point in Twilight Princess, Link is introduced to a small band of adventurers.  Here is one of them.  Shad is more of a scholar than a fighter, and rather than fight monsters he'd be happier surrounded by dusty books.  I think I might be in love with him.

Gamecube polygons are surprisingly simple to reference from.

Here's something I did yesterday...  it's fan art of Link wearing armor loosely based upon the Magic Armor (an item in Twilight Princess), but not quite.

Capes are fun to draw. <3

This is just a guy... Yeah I know, it doesn't look like a guy, but trust me he's male...  He's a character for a neat game idea that I have, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually get around to making that game.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:20:59 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Pretty good Yossy. Your the best artist in Crankeye.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Can you make one in green?
lol

Comment - Great job Yossy.
Critisism - On Shad (the first one) his arms are a tad too short. Makes em look midget-like or something. But the rest of his proportions are right on.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
All three of the Shad pics were drawn by referring to what was on the television screen (gotta love first-person view!), so if the proportions are messed up it's not my fault.

And I'm not sure what, exactly, you want to see in green... I assume you're talking about the Link one...  Meh, I think Link looks best in red.  (which, of course, has nothing to do with the fact that I always play Red Link in Four Swords, as well as Super Smash Bros. Melee)

By the way, I think my coloring jobs are messy, so if anyone has some photoshop tips they wanna share, then LET ME KNOW!

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Wow nice art! Twilight Princess owns, and I'd say it's one of the best zelda games. Any who I love how you drew the ruppy armour.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Here's something I did yesterday...  it's fan art of Link wearing armor loosely based upon the Magic Armor (an item in Twilight Princess), but not quite.

What is he sitting on? I thought it was rocks, but since it's all smudgy on the bottom I'm led to believe it's a massive pile of poo.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Very nice =D

Hope you don't mind if I turn these into an avatar & signature set <3
bringing sexy back

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I WOW at you and your art, yossy. I also signal my return from god-knows-where.

I really like the book. I also like the head section of the man (the one near the book)

The one where he is sitting down does not appeal to me for some reason...

AND..the Link one sitting on (hopefully) rocks is realllly good as well.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Wow, your good at this stuff, Yossy. Well done!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Very nice. I'm still trying to get the magic armor. :(

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

What is he sitting on? I thought it was rocks, but since it's all smudgy on the bottom I'm led to believe it's a massive pile of poo.

No way. It's OBVIOUSLY a mountain of melting chocolate ice cream obviously.
:tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
wow Yossy!

those are great ^^

I think you have improved yourself even more lately, even if it is referenced art for the most part.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
<3 U, Yossy! These are awesome!
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Hardly anything I do is referenced...  I needed a reference for Shad, though, because I've never drawn him before.  Now I have these sketches to look at, so I don't have to stare at a television screen for several hours when I want to draw him again.

Link is sitting on a mountainside or something... at the last minute, I tried to change them from brown to grey, but it didn't look right so I changed it back to brown.  But you're welcome to believe that he's sitting on a mountain of chocolate.

@Silverline:  You're only allowed to use images of Shad if you actually are a fan of that character... it's like a rule...  But I'm flattered that you like the images that much.  I've asked everyone I know who's played Twilight Princess whether or not they think Shad is cool, and all of them have said "Who?"  So I remind them of the adventurer guy with the glasses and they go, "What, that pussy?  You like him?!"  So yeah. <_<;  Right now you have a very unpopular guy in your avatar.  Just a head's-up.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Silverline can make anything cool.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Hardly anything I do is referenced...  I needed a reference for Shad, though, because I've never drawn him before.

ah, sorry, I misread your post. Also, I didnt mean your art in general in my previous post.

As for the link on the mountain, I really like it, but for some reason something tells me itd look better in pencil, not to say your coloring is bad.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
He looks awesome! Fantastic drawing! (I'd rather someone like Lloyd or Cloud though, in short, someone with spiky hair)

10/10 outta me! Nice job!  ;D

~Winged

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
As for the link on the mountain, I really like it, but for some reason something tells me itd look better in pencil, not to say your coloring is bad.
Here is the pencil drawing...  Like I said, I think my coloring is messy, so if you could point me in the direction of some tutorials, or if you know some tips offhand, send 'em my way...

(I'd rather someone like Lloyd or Cloud though, in short, someone with spiky hair)
The last pic I've submitted here was fan art of Pit, the Kid Icarus character who will appear in the next Super Smash Bros.  He definitely qualifies in the pointy-headed category.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I think that the pencil drawing is a bit better...

on another key, im sorry, but im even worse at coloring than you ^^'

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
On a completely unrelated note:  I HAVE AN IDEA.

How about STOP USING MY DRAWINGS IN YOUR AVATARS AND SIGNATURES WITHOUT ASKING.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
You should be proud of yourself yossy.

Sheesh.
I guess that is a bit rude...eh...yeah.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I fell off my chair when I say them...
They are so freaking awesome...
Well done Yossy.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Nice artwork. I haven't gotten there yet because someones too lazy to drive me down to buy more batteries for that life sucking Wiimote.

Rep:
Level 88
*zombies around*
I like your artwork. Crisp and clean! :D I also must say that Twilight Princess = <3  Link actually sounds like he went through puberty, or at least kind of. xD

Do you have it for GC? or Wii?

By the way, I think my coloring jobs are messy, so if anyone has some photoshop tips they wanna share, then LET ME KNOW!

Photoshop coloring? It depends on which one you have: I have 7.0 so I don't have some of the really cool stuff from CS or CS2. What I do is I make a mini palate like in the corner of the file with the base colors of each piece of clothing or part of the background or anything. I put everything on a separate layer too. It gets really big sometimes. (I'm assuming you've inked/setup your lineart already here.)

Then I use (since I have a tablet) soft/pressure sensitive brushes set however I feel compfortable for that section and 'paint' the light. (I always start on light before I do shadows for some reason.) If you don't have a tablet then just set the opacity down and prepare to bush over and over. ^^; I use the dodge tool sparringly and use different colors depending on the lighting.(Like bright yellow sunlight, or blue and pink spotlights) I blend with the smudge/blur tool set very low and very small so that I can get it to a natural painting look. For the shadows I use the opposite of the dodge too. (Course I'm having a mind blank here... ) BUT something I add is and don't be afraid to use it: is deeper shades of saturation. Which works well for skin tones. So say we have a yellowy peach: don't be afraid to use ORANGE! of course layer it with greys or even purples for that darkening deep look, I try my best to avoid using black. You can fidgit with the opacity of the individual layers too since they are separated, a plus. With that in mind: layers can also have effects added to them: expiriment with it. Its fun. <3

I hope my hodge podge little er, Tut helped a little. Some tips and tricks I found out.

Snailer <3

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
"So I've been playing Twilight Princess, and it got me to thinking...screw this place, I'm like, gone."

She totally left us.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah.

She'll be back.

They always come back.

RIght?

RIGHT?

T_T

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Er, something tells me she's not coming back.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I see no shovels, I would return that car immediately

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Wait, did she leave the forum because Silverline made a sig/avy out of her drawing?!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No she left because I was to sexy for her dialup
When she gets a new connection she will come back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Wait, did she leave the forum because Silverline made a sig/avy out of her drawing?!

not that type, i spose she's bored or got exams n all.
Arlen is hot.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I wish I could draw that well on paper... Well thats why I'm taking art courses I guess.
Very nice work.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

She probably left because of the same "disrespect to women" bullshit she's been spewing for as long as I've known her.