RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Storing Data?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hi, I'm currently compiling all the resources and scripts I need to start my game and I was wondering how to Store integer data and then display it?

For example; 'Hero A' opens a chest in someones house takes the stuff inside - he then gets 15 'Evil/Negative' points.

I would then need to know how to go about displaying this data on the main menu. [In the form of an Integer from -10000 to 10000].

Thanks in Advance to anyone who can help.

Rep:
Level 90
Well I couldn't tell ya how to show the data, but storing it is easy.
Just make 2 Variables, one called Bad, and one called good (I mpresume you are doing something similar to fable) When you get good points make it so it adds how many points you want to the variable. Example:
You open the chest inside someones house and get 15 negative points, just add 15 to the variable.

You will have to ask someone else how to display the data though.  :wink:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You can call the variables from script:
Code: [Select]
$game_variables[variableNumber]

The variableNumber is a integer representing the equivalent position the variable have in the database.

Rep:
Level 89
I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH TERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as storing it in two variables, I use one called Alignment. And if you get bad points you subtract from it, and if you get good points you add to it. This way it can track your alignment without confusion. As far as displaying it in the menu, I would love to know how to do that, lol. I just use this one person who changes depending on your alignment, the more evil you are the more demonic he looks, the more holy you are the more angelic he looks.

You can manipulate variables in the... first tab on the events list. there you can add, subtract, set, multiply, divide, module your variable. So whenever he does whatever he does to get bad points, you just use the event control variable and subtract x from the variable that is his alignment. Is that what you were asking?
Arc-Angel Entertainment
Bringing Christian values to the gaming world.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Check the message commands, there is a way you can show a variable in a message im sure  :O_o:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Thanks for the tips, I'll definatly try them out.  :D