RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Two scripting questions

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
1. I'm a little confused by this part of one KGC script:

Code: [Select]
  #  To give Ralph (ActorID = 1) the elements of 1, 2, and 3 while barehanded...
  # PERSONAL_BAREHANDS_ELEMENTS[1] = [1, 2, 3]
  #           ? Insert Custom Actor Unarmed Elements Below Here ?
  PERSONAL_BAREHANDS_ELEMENTS[1] = [1, 2, 3]

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to copy, or if I'm supposed to have commas.

2. If I open Yanfly's item menu, the game comes up with an error when I quit or open the item or equipment menus. No specific error, just one of those general errors...

I tried seeing if it was a script conflict but the new project crashes because of a problem with this line

@command_window = Window_Command_Centered.new(160, commands)
[/s]
Turns out I just needed equipment overhaul.

EDIT: It's a problem in the script itself, no conflicts at all
Actually, it's a conflict with Main Menu Melody, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

EDIT2: Changing the order fixes the problem with the item menu but not the title screen, suggesting a piece of the script is actually missing.

Edit3
# Custom Message Melody will also separate the in-game font from the message
# window font. This way, fancier-looking fonts can be used for dialogue while
# more systematically appropriate fonts can be used for in-game material.
#
Huh??? Why is this script causing the problem?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:10:24 AM by Wiimeiser »

Rep:
Level 82
PERSONAL_BAREHANDS_ELEMENTS[1] = [1, 2, 3]

I'm unfamiliar with the script, but this is what I'd assume it means:

PERSONAL_BAREHANDS_ELEMENTS[ACTOR_ID] = [ELEMENT_ID, ELEMENT_ID, ETC]

So, if you wanted actor number 2 to have the elements 4, 5 and 6:

PERSONAL_BAREHANDS_ELEMENTS[2] = [4, 5, 6]

Changing the '1' to '2' for the actor ID, and changing the element ids to match what you want.

I'm not sure on the second issue. Maybe someone else can help with that. (plus, I'm a little too busy to be able to figure it out myself at the moment).

(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
For the second question I can fix the item menu problem by moving the menu script above the item script, but that doesn't fix the title menu. Interestinly, I downloaded the YEM Demo and deleted the text system that came with it and that caused the problem in the demo...