RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A MAN. NAMED CHARLES.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
LALALA...

((If this is in the wrong place, go ahead and move it ._.))

Oh, hello. I didn't quite see you come in. Well, I'm posting this for one reason:

THIS SEEMS TO BE THE SEASON FOR RPG MAKER COMMUNITY GAMES 8D

and thus, I shall make my own!

Why don't i just enter one of those other ones? Well because they're all VX specific ones. Now, this challenge is for EVERYONE. crap, even if you don't use RPG maker DO THIS ANYWAYS!

I CHALLENGE YOU, RMRK'ERS FROM EVERY PART OF THE RPG MAKER COMMUNITY!

To make a game. This game is about a man. An english man. Who is on an epic quest to win back his tea. His tea has been stolen by the evil LORD SUCK, a man composed entirely of PURE SUCK. and by suck i don't mean any vaccum-related force. It's not even an obscure kinky reference. So there.

SO YES, YOUR GAME SHOULD:

-Have a RTP or default sprite and face and battlechar, if it comes to that for your englishman. His name will be Charles. Give him whatever british superpowers you feel like giving to him.
-contain one dungeon, devised by the evil LORD SUCK to...test his worth...or something? At the end should be a subtle hint that Charles should brush his teeth.
-Be slightly unabridged. Unless you have a plan going with some other guy to continue...something. Anyways, remember that you're making only one dungeon and that this game has no plot.

I will personally be making the introduction and ending with rm2k3.

So yes, if you're interested: Tell me what maker you're gonna be making, and what your dungeon's theme will be, just for the sake of reference. Oh, and what subtle hint that he should SERIOUSLY brush his teeth will be.

I'll start on the intro.

Deadlines? Hmm, how about my birthday. March 28th.

OH, AND IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE INTRICATE OR EVEN PARTICULARLY LONG, IF YOU DIDN'T GET THAT IMPRESSION ANYWAYS.

so have fun folks :3

Wait, prizes? Oh, the prize is Charles's cuppa tea and the various "your mouth is gross" messages you guys come up with.

A picture of Charles's cuppa tea and said messages.

that is all.

Spoiler for:
Oh, how did you like all of the stuff I bolded? Are your eyes strained from reading all of that yet?  :tpg:
Spoiler for:
Also the last dungeon will take place in an interdimensional void. The intro will be an introduction, nothing more. I'll post it once it is finished, for the curious.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:08:28 AM by KitKatKan .-. »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This probably isn't a great time for this... NAM's challenge is still on-going, as is Nessiah's

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, You're right

I CAN STILL HOPE, THOUGH ;O;

We have a minimal amount of rm2k3 users here. I think. Ah well.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
umm...if it's done with 2k3...it goes in the 2k3 section...
[awaits confirmation that it is indeed a 2k3 project]

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Well, I posted it in General because anyone can apply,

although i shall admit that i am doing this mainly for 2k3 users.

BUT there may be some XP users out there who cannot enter those other ones because they don't own VX...

You know, even though most XP users around here have VX anyways.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Haha, I think I'm gonna mess around with this one. One question though, does it have to be completely RTP'd out, or am I allowed to customize a couple things (I need a teapot and some cabbage to properly subtly hint at brushing LORD SUCK's teeth)?

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Alright, custom things are okay, I'm using a FSM tileset myself ;o;

Just don't put a whole crapload of work into finding custom tilesets and monsters and things.

Also for the curious, you can do whatever sprite you want for Charles, make him a girl if you want to  :tpg:

Also Charles is the one who seriously needs to brush his teeth, LORD SUCK is the anti-british =O

Rep:
Level 86
Splendid! I'll get to it, eh?  :gtooth:

EDIT: Oh, I'm gonna go ahead and make myself the Lovely Little Village of SUCK. Charles has some unfinished business there. Hmm, maybe the Lovely Little Village of SUCK can be a dungeon in itself! Brilliant!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
OOOOOH i like this man's ideas ;o;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I knew a guy named Charles once. Once...

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
This competition/project sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I may jsut enter it. (I'll need to get myself a copy of 2k3 first - Boy it's been a while :P)

Do you think you could make the deadline around a month or so? Just so that the current on-going competitions can end.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Well, I'll see what happens with this one first.

I'll probably have to extend it afterwords...

Actually I only had a deadline to let people know that they should post their game soon XD

And it would be a nice birthday present ._.

well, anyways, we'll just have to wait and see...

*sigh.*

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Downloaded RM2k3. Man, brings back memories. Enjoying it more than XP for sure.

I've already begin work on my game. :D
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 86
Top, ol' chap! Haha, I won't be the only one helping out on this one ;D

Just as an update, the Lovely Little Village of SUCK is mapped out, now all I've got to do is give something for poor old Charles to do there.

EDIT: I just love flowing with ideas the second after I post something!

Jonesy, if you're making a traditional dungeon, would you be interested in linking it to the Lovely Little Village of SUCK? Here's a picture of the entrance:

Spoiler for LORD SUCK's cave of UNPRECEDENTED SUCK:

I don't know if it's overkill making 2 (sorta) dungeons myself, & the little plot my map has pretty much ends at the cave. Just let me know if you're up for it, so I can plan out Charles' future.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Awesome to you all ;o;

Good luck. I'm done the intro, so i'm gonna start mapping out the final dungeon >.>

EDIT: I'm uploading the file to sendspace now, got two copies: A rar copy and a zipped copy. You'll need the rm2k3 RTP installed to use it, for those who don't know. And yes, if rm2k3 is installed then you already have the RTP, or at least you should. So far the RAR is the only one that's finished, so here it is-

OH MY GOD ZIPPED VERSIONS DONE TOO ;O;

CHARLES INTRO (RAR) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/h0ge29
CHARLES INTRO (ZIP) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ej1ir2

If you want me to use a different method of storing it...

no dice. Come on, everyone here should be able to open a RAR or ZIP > : |

Also, beware, ridiculous HOTSOMS abuse ~_~
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:22:12 PM by KitKatKan .-. »

Rep:
Level 86
Haha! That looks jolly good! Jolly good show indeed! Hopefully I can get my part done before I hit the solid wall known as midterms next week. Eh, if I don't finish I'll have all day next Friday to work on it.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok, since I probably won't touch my computer this coming week, I went ahead and finished my map.

The Lovely Little Village of SUCK (RAR) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/io05qp

I guess it doesn't matter who tries it out, so I'll just post it here. You need the RTP (Of course), and if credit is needed, I used FSM for the Tilesets/Charsets and to whoever posted the Battle Weapon I used, thanks.

Whoever tries this, make sure everything works fine (You're supposed to be able to fully heal yourself after every battle, Charles is just cool like that). I might have changed something last-minute that I didn't notice, so let me know if you find any glitches. Or if my puzzle is too hard. Which it shouldn't be. But it might. I'll stop talking.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Lol, I love it sirus. It made me laugh.

Bug report so far- when you try to heal yourself (the biscuit thing) it says something about invalid bitmaps. Life makes no sense.

I shall finish it off, and then i'll start putting everything up for download for those other people =O

I hope you have fun not touching your computer as the week goes on XD

Rep:
Level 86
Bug report so far- when you try to heal yourself (the biscuit thing) it says something about invalid bitmaps. Life makes no sense.

Weird, I'll look into that if I get the chance.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
AND MORE BUGS, NOW THAT I'M FINISHED ;O;

Well, I'd recommend that you tweak concentrate so that it isn't accessible from the menu - it's too easy to regenerate all of your mana at once between battles XD

Also, Charles's health stopped regenerating after a little bit, i can only guess it's because he leveled up.

Battles were a bit slow but fun enough XD

Anyways I had fun and the puzzles were pretty clever and it made me laugh several times and there was lots of exploring to do so yes, I approve ;o;

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, I left concentrate like that because it makes the boss battles slightly more survivable (Considering the lack of Inns in the Lovely Little Village of SUCK)

Also, Charles's health stopped regenerating after a little bit, i can only guess it's because he leveled up.

Nah, I think he just stopped concentrating.

Haha, I have a little break in midterms today (Art lolol), so I'll get to work on those things.