RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A poll!

Poll

How should I start off the game? It will start with name and gender choosing, though.

Cutscene showing main antagonist
Just start out in main city
Both above
Cutscene then starting out in a village
dwarra

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
This game is 99% going to be an open-ended game so you just have the couple of main quest-line and the Sidequests. Once you do the quest-line, the last one is killing the final boss (Who I have not yet come up with yet. Maybe Naphe?) The polls are currently tied so I will wait a day (or the end of this day) to see what gets chosen.

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Well I say cut scene then start off with the game. That is how most start you know. But try mixing it up a bit.....like controlling one of the antagonists at the start or something.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That seems like a good idea... Here's how I'm laying things (including my problem):

-Choose gender
-Choose name
-Cutscene with antagonist
-(maybe) Control antagonist for a while
-(PROBLEM) Start out in main city or in village?
     -if main city:
          I can just make the guy start and make him be in the process of being taught by mentor or something
     -if village:
          I will have to do some cliche "OMG YOU KILLED MY MOMMY" or something that will set story in motion. Most definitely a cliche.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The city sounds better than the village.  ;9 The village thing has been done one time too much.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
All righty, then. I'll get started on finishing up all types of initialization and trying to make an enormous city...

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
this type of game is what makin ure own rpg is all about!

boogie on ;D
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
=) start out in a huge huge city (huge city is huge  :D) then around that city you will meet the other ppol =) kinda like the trigger effect in legend of mana?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I'm going to just do an idea where you start out with a cutscene and you start as the bad dude (maybe). Then, you start in the city. By the way, this is a side-project so it's just when I'm bored.

Rep:
Level 88
Hey there should be a cheat code so people can use their own sprites in the game!
People can donate spritesets into the game by PMing you, then they persuade you to add it. If you do, then you give them a cheat code. Then when the game is in, and the player types the cheat code in then their spriteset turns into the one they donated! (Its just a idea)

I voted for 'Cutscene showing main antagonist'/'Just start out in main city' or Both Above.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'll start request/accepting ideas after I actually finish mine, first. I haven't worked on this for a while and I'm most likely not getting help for it. XD Don't wait up for me to finish >_>