RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A poll!

Poll

How should I start off the game? It will start with name and gender choosing, though.

Cutscene showing main antagonist
Just start out in main city
Both above
Cutscene then starting out in a village
dwarra

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I didn't know where to put this exactly so I decided to post it here (better safe than sorry :P). Anyways, I got this idea from: http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Mangadude5760#Projects.2FAchievements

The game was supposed to have like an evil dude and such but it contained people from RMRK in it. Pretty cool, huh? Anyways, that guy failed pretty badly because he made the game in one day. >_> My plan is to kind of set up a plot and work on it (as an actual project). I'd just like to see if you'd play it. :P

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
HELL YEAH!!! Only if I'm in it...

Although, someone already tried to do this, and this thread belongs somewhere in the RPG Maker section.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
That be cool. I have RMRP styled Roxas sprites.
Sig by MacGravel

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
This isn't spam, it sounds like an awesome idea. I'll move it to a better location =)

Oh make me on the evil side =D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
HELL YEAH!!! Only if I'm in it...
Lol, I might add you.

Although, someone already tried to do this,
I know, I linked to Mangadude's wiki. What I'm going to do that is different is that I am going to take time on it. An actual project.

and this thread belongs somewhere in the RPG Maker section.
That's something the moderators will just choose for us. :P

This isn't spam, it sounds like an awesome idea. I'll move it to a better location =)
Yeah, great idea, but the first time it was used, it was badly done.

Oh make me on the evil side =D
Wahhh.... Fine.

Btw, I'm not taking requests on who's going in here. :P

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Sounds like a great idea moo, if you need any help let me know, although other then intimidating people for you I'm not too sure what I can do..

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Thanks, DS, I really appreciate it. :D The polls will be closed.... tomorrow. XD I want time to actually start it. :P Hell, I'm going to make it, despite what other people think. Only reason is that people so far are going to enjoy it. XD The only "I don't care" vote is by me so I can always see the votes. :P

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Hm... Not a bad idea! It'll be fun to play. Though, by the people in RMRK, do you mean EVERY ONE? RMRK has like, lets see...3573 people.  I guess not, but it would still be fun to play. I say MAKE IT!
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 88
This would be awesome! Even if I wasn't in it, I would still play it. I could only imagine the kind of stuff that would go in this... :P

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER FF CRANKEYE?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think I might recall something about it. Is that still active?

I think it's a cool idea moo.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What's FF Crankeye? Also, only certain members will be pre-set into the game. Technically, everyone is in the game because you choose your gender and your name. :P

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
So you accept penguins? I didn't really get it. Are you accepting volunteers for the game?

:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You're not a penguin, you're a real person behind the mask of a penguin. Volunteers? No. I've already decided some people to put in (might think of more later).

Rep:
Level 87
You WILL Caramelldansen!
Great idea.
If you put me in (you don't have to), make my catch-phrase "I has a karot".
Because I do has a karot.
Good luck with this!

FIRIN MAH LAZARR!! since 1994.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol, I'll make you a hidden character (kind of) where in my palace/kingdom (Yes, there will be a Kingdom of the Cows >:]) you will be my pet hamster and that is all you will say. NO MORE REQUESTS FROM PEOPLE.

Bah! I'm going to have to use a lot of default stuff like the armor and the weapons and the items.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:01:50 PM by mastermoo420 »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Great idea.
Good luck with this!

You've been a member for two fucking days, why would you expect on any level to be put in..?

@Moo- Keep on it, I damn well love this idea. <3

(Update too)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
 :'( This has been tried twive now, I was part of the second... but that one didn't get far at all.

Try one- The first try was by dwarra.

Try two-  http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,8252.0.html
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, I'm pursuing this one. XP I've constantly wanted to make an RPG so... yeah.

Great idea.
Good luck with this!

You've been a member for two fucking days, why would you expect on any level to be put in..?

@Moo- Keep on it, I damn well love this idea. <3

(Update too)
He's going to be a pet hamster and some stuff will happen. I just had an idea today. Also, I'll update this in the projects forum when I start making maps (working on setting up monsters and stuff right now).

Rep:
Level 89
Could be a good idea if done well, would be funny to see if you incorperate the way people on here act, just to know you can use me if you want. Can even kill me in a fire for all i care :D

Rep:
Level 87
You WILL Caramelldansen!
Well, sorry but I was not saying he had to.
Just cause I've been here 2 days don't mean I shouldn't be in it.
Anyway, he chose to include me.
Take me out, for all I care.
I just like being in games and getting famous! helping out! xD

Rep:
Level 88
Gah! I can't wait for this.... This gave me an idea for another RPG I can make. Nothing to do with the forums though ;D

Rep:
Level 87
You WILL Caramelldansen!
Hehe.
I can't wait for this.
It's gonna be great.
This reminds me, I am the Lead Programmer of a community game over at IGP (the Indie Gaming Portal (indiegamingportal.net)).
I can't and won't start it, though, until I get enough resources and storyline and stuff.
:D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 88
OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!
This actually depends on the storyline...
Signature goes here

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
This game is 99% going to be an open-ended game so you just have the couple of main quest-line and the Sidequests. Once you do the quest-line, the last one is killing the final boss (Who I have not yet come up with yet. Maybe Naphe?) The polls are currently tied so I will wait a day (or the end of this day) to see what gets chosen.

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Well I say cut scene then start off with the game. That is how most start you know. But try mixing it up a bit.....like controlling one of the antagonists at the start or something.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That seems like a good idea... Here's how I'm laying things (including my problem):

-Choose gender
-Choose name
-Cutscene with antagonist
-(maybe) Control antagonist for a while
-(PROBLEM) Start out in main city or in village?
     -if main city:
          I can just make the guy start and make him be in the process of being taught by mentor or something
     -if village:
          I will have to do some cliche "OMG YOU KILLED MY MOMMY" or something that will set story in motion. Most definitely a cliche.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The city sounds better than the village.  ;9 The village thing has been done one time too much.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
All righty, then. I'll get started on finishing up all types of initialization and trying to make an enormous city...

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
this type of game is what makin ure own rpg is all about!

boogie on ;D
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
=) start out in a huge huge city (huge city is huge  :D) then around that city you will meet the other ppol =) kinda like the trigger effect in legend of mana?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I'm going to just do an idea where you start out with a cutscene and you start as the bad dude (maybe). Then, you start in the city. By the way, this is a side-project so it's just when I'm bored.

Rep:
Level 88
Hey there should be a cheat code so people can use their own sprites in the game!
People can donate spritesets into the game by PMing you, then they persuade you to add it. If you do, then you give them a cheat code. Then when the game is in, and the player types the cheat code in then their spriteset turns into the one they donated! (Its just a idea)

I voted for 'Cutscene showing main antagonist'/'Just start out in main city' or Both Above.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'll start request/accepting ideas after I actually finish mine, first. I haven't worked on this for a while and I'm most likely not getting help for it. XD Don't wait up for me to finish >_>