RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The soul saga

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hi the soul saga is a group of games that follow on from each other and telling the story of Max Bravewolf (thats me!)

It is set in the year 20xx (this is not a megaman reference, this basicly all meens somewere between now and 2099, in other words the near future)
A great natual catastrofy coursed a great stream that split the world in two. Then monsters amorged from the soulstream and started to wreak havok. Most of the technology was lost in the great wars that followed to keep the human race safe from destruction. However to this day monsters are still on the earth and are begining to plan a final massicer to destroy whats left. Due to the dangers of this new world, it is difficult to communicate between one town and another. becouse of this postmen have become the new adventurers, delivering their mail as well as protecting themselves and others from the monsters brutal attacks. One such postman is Max Bravewolf, who gets court up in a plot to dominate the human race and as the wheels of fait turn, he finds that he and his friends are the only ones who can save the world from ultimate destruction.

This is the intro to the first game The Soulstream

I originally had this game posted on another bord but at that time i was using rpg maker 2003 and i kind of lost inspiration. I am making this game up as i go you see but i am kind of following a basic outline i made and i kind of made a plot twist that kind of made it two difficult to add any more in and i could not think of any ideas and so the project went to pot and i gave it up.

I have now got rpg maker xp and i am re making the game and twaeking the ideas so that the idea has the same effect but not so stuck to one theam so i can go of in a lot of different directions. You see In the origional idea Max and a Dragon called Seafos were cursed and thus became one. While this led to a cool idea of max transforming into a half dragon idea but this led everything to be focusing on this curse idea and that he was being used for evil although while he struggled against the evil power trying to control him and his dragon counter part. this idea was to go on and on and on through the game which one made the plot boring and two made me lose intrest as it felt imposible to add any more ideas. Also i realised that this was also a breath of fire clone and ace game it may be, im not aiming for a spin off.

However this slightly different idea involves a dragon trying to rescue Max and as part of the villains plan the dragon chosing Max as a host (but in a more seiken denutsu or of mana aproch where the spirit sleeps in the hosts mind alowing the host to summon them at will or the spirit to come out when it wants) and thus max becomes more of a summoner and can gain more summons as the game progressess. The plot of the villain is to do this to people with evil monsters so that the monsters can sneak in to the towns thruogh there host where they can do the most damage. Luckely for Max The Dragon is a good monster and thus does not couse any harm but the villain thought he would as he is under the influence of a ransom. Max now that he is a summoner, can become the host of other monsters as long as both him and the monster agrees and thus opens up the ability to erm more summons.

As you can see, this new plot has a lot more depth and withh open up a lot more paths for me to follow. However the basic idea is still the same.

After that you are proberbly thinking that that ive told you the whole plot but it goes a lot deeper and there are other sub plots for the two other main characters and for the summons. I hope to keep you posted with more information.

Can you post some screens?
Project: An Untold Story
Tilesets:                  |||||||||| 99%
Scripts:                   |||||||||| 80%
Story:                     |||||||||| 90%
Creating/mapping:          |||||||||| 34%

Overal status:             ||||||||||: 78%

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
i didn't chek all o them, but the first map does not have any fencing.
Check Dwarra's tutorial in Tutorial database for good inside-house making.
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Sounds good
Untitled Game

Story: 0%
Mapping: 0%
Characters: 0%

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Nightwolf

I agree, mapping needs a lot of attention.
Started RPG making once again!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Quote from: helipluis
Quote from: Nightwolf

I agree, mapping needs a lot of attention.

He's right, so does the second third, the fourth one has just a tinted screen with text(so i can't say much) and the fifth one is not so good not so bad.
Arlen is hot.

im tryign to make them better. when im done ill replace the pictures with new ones

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Okay, good luck making the new maps, or modifying these pnes.
Check dwarra's tutorial.
Arlen is hot.

ive done as you asked (please tell me how to improve the forest) but i havnt got new pictures yet.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Good to know my tuts are coming in handy  :wink:

Im actually going to remake them  :D

PS

Edit your first post to put screenies in also!

Rep:
Level 89
I like your story.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/