RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP]Quick question about how to tell if an Event is executing its conditions...

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Is there a quick and easy way to tell if an Event is executing anything, like the player walks up to an NPC (Event) and they are talking or moving or doing whatever is in the "List of Event Commands"?

In more detail...  I came across a bit of a quirk in my Caterpillar Rewrite script with turn_toward_event.  Im trying to rethink how to get this to work.  Ok, you know how if you have an NPC that has a Custom Move Route, walks around, and you can "talk" to them?  They dont turn away from the Player until that "List of Event Commands" has completed, then they turn back to their original direction and keep doing whatever it is they were doing.

Well, my weird quirk is taking place with turn_toward_event.  That NPC Event turns toward the player, then immediately turns back away.  And Im not sure how to prevent that from happening.  What I would like to happen is to have let them work like any other NPC with a Custom Move Route.

Script is available in "Heretic's Caterpiller Rewrite" in XP scripts.
Any suggestions? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:07:07 PM by Heretic86 »
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Ok, I think I am going to leave this "as is" because it appears that assigning a new move route to an event does the same thing regardless if it is running my scripted event movement or not.

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm not understanding exactly what you want.

From what I could tell, you don't want the NPC to face you and talk to you if it isn't already doing that.

Solution is simple, in their 'Set Move Route' list you switch 'Direction FIX' to ON when they are moving, and switch it to off if they are moving in another direction then turn it back on.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:01:46 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Not by Eventing, talking about the crap thats in the Interpreter.  Coding.

In Eventing, there are two ways to set a Move Route.  One is by selecting Custom in the Drop Down Menu in the Autonomous Movement Box (just to the right of the Graphic in the Event Editor Window), from there, selecting the now not grayed out Move Route button below the Autonomous Movement Box.

The Other way is in the "List of Event Commands" Window which brings up Event Commands Window, Selecting 2 on the Tabs on the Top, then hitting "Set Move Route".

What I was saying was that these two work very very different.  I thought it had something to do with my Script, but apparently it affects any movement assigned from the "Set Move Route" or 2nd way of doing things, so it wasnt my script, thus, I will leave it "as is".

Explaining the Original Question again for you, although I dont really expect an answer since I have made my Decision.