RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Matchlock?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
So, after downloading some decent resources, I've decided that I have enough to make a decent sized game. However, I need some feedback with the basic story line, so if you guys could give feedback and some suggestions, that would be great. (RMVX GAME)

Story:

It is 1503 in the fictitious world within the game, and the Kingdom of Fronfron is being torn by war. Peasants are fighting with Fronfron officials to protest against having to pay taxes. Unfortunately, many residents of Fronfron are joining the peasants and they have rioted through the streets for weeks, catching Fronfron officials off guard. Luckily, only a few years back, a lock operated type of gun had been invented; The Matchlock. That's where you come in(The player)! These type of guns are very important towards taking down the rising rebels. As a merchant and gunsmith for 5 years, the king of Fronfron has asked you(the player) to deliver a shipment of Matchlock guns to a local militia out in the swamps.

Gameplay elements:
- Battling the peasants and creatures within Fronfron
- Delivering guns to local armies.
- Doing jobs for people.

Request: Could someone create a MACK style sprite of a soldier holding a Matchlock? That would be a huge help.

Scripts I'm using: As of now, Kylock's Light Effects

-Thanks,

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Seems a very small project. You'll need to add much more in there...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Welp, It sounds alright, could use a little more detail and also....Fronfron is a weird name and sounds kind of....unoriginal

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
It's my first project that I've been really thinking about, so I want to start small. And that's only the basic story line so far, but I'll definitely have room to fit more detail. And the name Fronfron is very unoriginal, given the way I came up with it. I came up with it years back, when I was a Legend of Zelda fan. The name comes from the game's "Lon Lon" Milk. When I first started using RPG Maker, I decided to use that; so yes, I understand how unoriginal it is. Well, thanks for feedback so far!