RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ARENA-51: War of Darkness

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Whoa, what the?!
Hello. This is my project, ARENA-51: War of Darkness. There is no demo or screenshots at this time, but there will be screenshots soon. I don't release demos. Originally conceived as a comedic flash animation by my brother, I am creating an RPG of it. Here's some information about it. Also, I don't know if he (my brother) intended for the title to be related to Area 51, but I assume he did, considering the animation he made contains aliens. Anyway, here's the information about it.

Story:
A war has broken out between an army of Demons and an army of Aliens. This war has destroyed many landmarks and cities across the Planet Kyrok (The setting of this game). It has also killed over 80% of Kyrok's population. Refusing to watch this go on any longer, a young man known only as Shadow has gathered his friends to battle the two armies.

Characters:

Shadow
16 Years Old
A ninja from the eastern side of Kyrok, he is a prankster and a joker. However, he wants to protect the people of Kyrok from the armies. Being a ninja, he likes to hide and kill by stealth. Being a ninja, he hates Deserts with a passion and always seems to get stuck in one somehow.

Redd
20 Years Old
Shadow's best friend, he is a Cyborg (Half Human-Half Android) of unknown origin. Although an adult, he is very silly as a result from hanging around Shadow. Unlike Shadow though, he cracks Jokes even in serious situations, often quoting things from TV Shows. He has an Arm Cannon similar to Mega Man's from the Mega Man Series.

Dan
?? Years Old
A kid that Shadow trained a few years back, he has a strange obsession with Milk, often seen drinking the stuff. He is not the least bit serious, and he is very reckless. He does, however, know when he's beaten, and will retreat in such a situation. Most things he does annoys Shadow to no end, such as moving so fast, that two of him appear.

Dante
?? Years Old
Capcom's Dante of Devil May Cry was in the original Flash Animation, but will not be featured in the game due to copyright concerns. (If you think he should still be in it, just say the word.)

X
20 Years Old
(No relation to Mega Man X). X is a Samurai. He has a very short temper and hates when things get delayed. He is very serious, but often has a grin on his face that suggests otherwise. He joins the group at a later time just for the thrill of fighting against two armies.

Setting:
The Planet Kyrok is the setting of this game. It is a futuristic place full of all kinds of trouble (and fun).

Screenshots:
Coming Soon...I hope.

Demo:
No demo will be released. (Actually, one WILL be released if demand is high enough.)

Release Date:
To Be Announced.

Things that need to be done:
I need to get futuristic tilesets and charsets for this, which could take a while. I have a hard time finding stuff. I also need enemy graphics, which should be easier to find. The futuristic music will be the hardest thing to find.

RPG Maker Engine:
RPG Maker 2000. (This is not final).

Staff:
Me, myself, and I...for now anyway.

And that's my project. Feel free to post suggestions/comments/whatever. I accept criticism, but please don't be rude about it.
Maria loved this planet. I won't let you destroy it. -Shadow the Hedgehog

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
http://charas-project.net/resources.php

Search for "future" under the Chipset tab and you'll find plenty of modern looking chipsets. Search "modern" and you'll probably find some too.