RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A few RPG Maker 2k3 questions ^^;;

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Ok, so here's a few questions that I haven't been able to figure out for the life of me:

1) Changing party members. How do you set this up exactly? Like I know that you can't put in an option in the menu to change party members when you have more than 4 people to choose from. I'd like to set it up sorta like FF7/8 style if you know what I mean.

2) On the subject of changing party members, say you have 5 party members, but you can only have 4 in the party anyways. How would you go about making sure that the 5th (and other) party members are visible in the Party Switch screen? I'm guessing lots of variables but.....yeah....^^  ;;

3) How can you make it so that, whenever your character does an attack, you can make it so that it's like a multi-hit attack, like say Omnislash (yeah yeah.....using FF as references ^^;;   ).

4) Alright, last one for now. I have a boss that's supposed to use a specific skill after X turns in the battle. I have the skill (in the monster's tab) set to "Turns Elapsed [5x+5]" and in the Battle Event tab for the boss, on the 2nd page I have "Turns Elapsed [5x+5]", yet the enemy isn't using the specific skill that I have set. What am I doing wrong here???

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on down the line, but these are the more prominent ones. Sorry if I seem like I'm pestering here ^^;;

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm no expert on RM2k3 eventing, but I can help with 1 & 2 I think.

The way I would do it, is keep a variable for each possible party slot. Say you have 8 potential actors, then reserve 8 variables. Whenever you add a new party member, go down the list and in the first empty variable, set it to that actor's ID. Then, all you need to do when you make the party select is check variables 5 and up and add the actors contained there to the list.

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I see. So, if I want to leave the main character not changeable, I can still put in the variable for that character, but not put it in any events until a specific event, correct?