RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A question about method as well as a request for help involving scripts,PP.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
So I have discovered that when creating the illusion of two NPC's fighting by using a parallel process containing a (Jump forward 1, wait for move to finish, move backwards 1,wait for move to finish, wait x) set of events NEVER syncs properly with identical events placed right next to each other. 

So my question is "If I learned to do said things in script, would my events sync up and make it appear that the NPC's are fighting? or rather is there a way to make it sync up in events and have it continue indefinitely"

Also, if scripting it would be better, could anyone show me the script language necessary to tell an event to move and what I'd need to do to have two NPCs facing each other with two blocks between them jump and touch then back up a step at the same time?  I have a demo with a bunch of random eventing I have been working on to learn things with  if anyone is interested in seeing what I'm talking about and helping out.

its not particularly game breaking, but I prefer games I work on to actually look good and not like I threw it together in 10 mins.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Just putting all movement in the same event should work well enough - I don't have time to make a demo, but try uploading what you have and I'll work on that hopefully within a couple days. This is not something well suited for scripts, by the way.

so if I put all movement commands for all the events inside one event it would sync properly and not lag too bad? Was going to give that a shot- will send you a demo if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Also, I'm having problems telling events to "repeat action"  with the move route of Jump X+1,  1 step backwards. They just bounce off into the horizon. I always have to rig up a complicated event to get them to move right. Seems to work fine for player move routes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If it's a parallel process event, then that should probably happen. You can try auto-start, or you can put the event inside a Conditional Branch that says only if a self-switch is OFF, then turn the self-switch ON first thing.