RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[resolved]...for now. I need help finding a particular game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I am currently gathering all the resources I will be using in my game, and planning out most of the plot and mapping.  My problem is actually doing something with it.  I am the type that learns best by example, and by something that's already been done.  I've tried going through as many demos as I can, and taking a look at all the descriptions as possible. 
What I am looking for is a game that is really, plotless.  A game that when you start up you can select gender, class, name, etc.  Some fo this I'[ve alread played with in a test game, but have trouble having it work late rint he game. 
This game I'm looking for should also just be a hack'n'slash.  You go to an arena fight monsters take a break and buy equipment/items at a shop.
I've also seen a couple tuts on how to implement a kind of leveling script using an SDK...  Anything completed using that?

I know it's alot to ask, but again, I am best taught by example.  So far, the best learning I've had (IMO) is on youtube with people doing video tuts there.  Again, I feel I need 'hands-on' experience...if that makes sense.

Should my quesiton be a no-no, flame away, otherwise, the comminitie's help would GREATLY be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:36:41 AM by jamesrichards »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Since most people compress their finished games your best bet is to go look in the Finished Projects section. Play through the games there, I'm sure you will get one or more ideas regarding your own project. What you're doing is a step in the right direction imo, good luck. As for leveling scripts, there are wuite a few out there. Go roam in the Scripts section and go wild.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Thankee.  I'm sure it will help.  For now I am going to add the tag of [resovled] to the title.  Once I have more done, and I need to return to this...I dunno.  Maybe I wont need to.

Thanks again.