RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A couple of questions

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Some of these may seem noobish, because I'm not to good with RPG Maker yet. At any rate; I'm using RPG Maker 2003 and I wanted to know how to do a few things.

1) Is it possible to do something like Final Fantasy 7 and have a limit break bar that fills up as one of your party members is hit; and once the bar is full they can use a limit break with a significantly stronger blow than a normal attack?

2) Is there anyway to have text boxes display the name of the actual character without me having to put it in the text box manually?
EX:
----------------|
Name           |

------------------
Text

3) I've been wondering, is there anyway to incooperate a 'World Map' system into the game?

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can provide me answers

Rep:
Level 87
Ok here goes:
1.) Sorry. I have no idea. What you can do is make a battle event where it says for the trigger "If this many turns passes" or "If Hero's health get's between 0% and 25% (just an example)" make a common event where it gives you a new battle command like "Limit Break" or "Hi-Ougi" and then when you use the command, it gets rid of it. And it restores your health or something.
2.) Yes, where you want the hero's name to go you type \n[ # ] in place of the # you put a number. This number is whatever number the hero's number is in the database section "Hero" So look there and say if Cloud is number 3 type \n [3] (dont put a space btwn \n and [3]) and it'll say, for instance, "Cloud: Hiya ppls!"
But another thing is, why would you want to do that when you got facesets? No offense meant btw.
3.) There is a way, if you mean like if you go off the East side of the map and somehow end up on the West side. What you do is make the World Map map, or maps, and set the map, or maps, in Map Properties (which you get to by right clicking on the map's name and clicking map properties) and where it says "Wrapping" set it to both. This way, if you go north, past the map border, you'll end up at the bottom. Setting it to Horizontal would mean if you go East you would end up on the west side of the map, but this wouldn't make it so you go north and up up at the bottom. Vertical is the opposite of horizontal, obviously.
Phew.... There ya go. Hope it helped!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:45:39 PM by droginator »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
All can be done easily in XP, just so you know.